[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Italy in the past 400 years shit while the rest of Western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Why was Italy in the past 400 years shit while the rest of Western Europe was boss
>>
Because being the richest people from 500 BC to 1650 AD made them stop giving a single fuck
>>
>>1357216
I'm a vegan
>>
>>1357211
>the rest of Western Europe was boss
Italy is Southern Europe, not Western
Themoreyouknow.png
>>
>>1357227
They were a big part of the Renaissance dweeb
>>
The Pope/Austria/France fucked any sort of unity
>>
>>1357211
No colonies due to being split into warring city-states. And it depends on how you define shit. They may have never created the vast colonial empires of Britain, France and Spain but life for your average Italian was pretty good and most of them lived in rather progressive republics. Being late for the industrial revolution meant they didn't enjoy the same things Western European nations did in the 19th century, but they also avoided a lot of the shit that came with industrialisation (huge slums, mass inequality, robber-baron type industrialists etc). I'd much rather be a poor 19th century Italian than a poor 19th century Brit.

>>1357335
They WERE the Renaissance.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.