[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why weren't the Nuremberg Judges from neutral countries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
Why weren't the Nuremberg Judges from neutral countries?
>>
>>1356833

Forgot to add: The Allied countries should have been prosecutors only, not judges.
>>
File: 33.png (129 KB, 547x735) Image search: [Google]
33.png
129 KB, 547x735
>>1356833
>crying over dead war criminals
>>
Because neutral judges couldn't be trusted to give the correct verdict of "guilty."
>>
>>1356833
because they didn't win
>>
>>1356833
Because that would be fair
>>
>>1357199
basically this. They just wanted to purge Germany of the nazi party. If they actually cared about war crimes, they wouldn't have carpet bombed civilian areas.

I find it interesting in western documentaries that they focus exclusively on the suffering civilians during the Battle of Britain but completely ignore the German or Japanese civilians during the allied bombings
>>
>>1356833
Anyone neutral in the face of evil, is evil.
>>
>>1357289
That's bullshit
>>
>>1357289

>evil

kill yourself
>>
>>1357309
>>1357314

t. evil
>>
>>1356833
Because the trials were more about carrying out a process than actually delivering any vague idea of justice; the Allies definitely carried out a number of atrocities, albeit none quite like the Holocaust. Plus, the trials were a compromise with Churchill and Stalin, who both favored just executing all the top Nazis.
>>
It was never meant to be neutral to begin with.
>>
>>1357254
sow the wind, reap the whirlwind motherfucker.
>>
>>1356833
Pretty much only the Swiss could claim to be actually neutral during the war.
>>
>>1356833
Propaganda mostly. Same with Petain's trial being a kangaroo court set up by de Gaulle to set a tone of legitimacy for his administration.
>>
>>1359222
That's what they did do stupid, war trials before the execution was just for propaganda and blaming nazis for shit the bolsheviks did
>>
>>1359226
>Britain and France declare on Germany
>Britain began strategically bombing Germany first
>some anon on a Uzbeki rock carving website counterfactually states it was Germany that sowed the wind rather than the other way around
>>
>>1359292
Talk shit get hit sempai. If you don't want to get treated unfairly, don't start a war.
>>
>>1359316
>If you don't want to get treated unfairly, don't start a war
I'll say it again and maybe you'll understand this time.

>Britain and France declare on Germany not the other way around
>Britain begins strategically combing Germany first
>some anon on a Uzbeki rock carving website counterfactually states it was Germany that sowed the wind rather than the other way around
>Bongs and Frogs unironically claim the same thing to this day
>>
>>1359324
Nice try, but this isn't /pol/.

People remember the Munich Agreement and the London Blitz.
>>
>>1359232
>Pretty much only the Swiss could claim to be actually neutral during the war.

The Swiss were far from neutral.
>>
>>1359331
>People remember the Munich Agreement and the London Blitz
Cool story. That has nothing to do with what I said nor does it make my historically factual statement false. You should brush up on your history.
>>
>>1359335
Interesting. Tell me more.
>>
File: 34.png (311 KB, 561x590) Image search: [Google]
34.png
311 KB, 561x590
>>1359331
>he thinks /pol/ actually likes Nazis

This meme. The "Germans are evil and always want to destroy Europe" thing originated on /pol/.
>>
>>1359339
>That has nothing to do with what I said nor does it make my historically factual statement false

It invalidates your point, because breaking a treaty and invading a country you agreed not to invade is a completely legitimate reason to start a war.

Also, it's funny as fuck that all of your heroes killed themselves in underground bunkers or died in allied nooses, while all of their women were savagely raped.
>>
>>1359324
Let me spell this out for you. If Germany had never invaded Poland, they wouldn't have gotten their teeth kicked in. Simple as that. It's like if you chimed out in public and started hitting random people, then the police taze you and you go "OMG NO FAIR!" Germans are like niggers.
>>
>>1359350
>It invalidates your point, because breaking a treaty and invading a country you agreed not to invade
The Munich Agreement had nothing to do with Germany agreeing not to invade Poland, actually. Poland even benefited from the agreement. Again, you should brush up on your history.

>Also, it's funny as fuck that all of your heroes killed themselves in underground bunkers or died in allied nooses, while all of their women were savagely raped
Red herring.

>>1359358
>If Germany had never invaded Poland, they wouldn't have gotten their teeth kicked in. Simple as that. It's like if you chimed out in public and started hitting random people, then the police taze you and you go "OMG NO FAIR!"
What a wonderfully apt comparison. Only it isn't.
>>
ITT: exactly what I expected.
>>
Because it may not have yielded the required result.
>>
>>1359341

The Swiss Nazi Party operated in Gau Basel-Solothurn, Gau Schaffhausen, Gau Luzern, Gau Bern, Gau Zürich, and Gau Ostschweiz. Numerous other Fascist societies existed, the most influential being 'Schweizerischer Vaterländischer Verband' (Swiss Fatherland Association), which dictated much of government policy and fostered economic ties with Germany and Italy.

International law dictated a neutral country could not supply war material but the Swiss knowingly did. In 1942, over 97% of Swiss exports went to the Axis Powers or their collaborators.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/29/world/new-records-show-the-swiss-sold-arms-worth-millions-to-nazis.html

I'll assume you already know about the role of Swiss banking, as it's common knowledge.
>>
>>1356833
I don't think you understand the decades long hatred of Germany that most of the Allies had going back to basically German Unification. The entire treatment of Germany post-World War II is little more than France, Britain and the like finally putting that "upstart" back in its place.
>>
File: image.png (162 KB, 341x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
162 KB, 341x450
>>1359358
>France and Gernany vow declare war on any power that invades Poland.
>USSR & Germany invade Poland
>Allies ally with USSR
>The reason why Britain and France declared war on Germany was because they invaded Poland
??????
>>
>>1356833

Because you'd end up with the 'Tokyo Trials' in which countries bankrupted by the war couldn't properly investigate let alone bring about charges, resulting in all but the most prominent war criminals escaping prosecution.
>>
>>1359448
In 1942, over 97% of Swiss exports went to the Axis Powers or their collaborators.
That's not really surprising. The only possible alternatives would have been Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Turkey.
>>
>>1359448
>Be land-locked country completely surrounded by Axis powers.
>Any and all trade is participating & supplying the axis powers.
What are they supposed to do, not trade at all with anyone?

Also going to need sources on those percentage claims.
>>
>>1359500
The point is they were cutting favorably deals out of ideological support and breaking international laws by doing so. The alternative would be not supplying war material.

>>1359515
The allies were preemptivly purchasing materials like steel, ball bearings, etc from both Sweden and Switzerland while both countries made covert deals to supply Germany, it wasnt a matter of a demand vacuum.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.