[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you find yourself fascinated with various specific eras in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: 05.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
Do you find yourself fascinated with various specific eras in history? If so, which ones and why?
>>
The Victorian Era interests me a lot due to the huge amount of change going on throughout the time period. Also I like reading and learning about the Great Game which occurred during that era.
>>
>>1356518
only pseuds like the 19th century
>>
>>1356521
Okay.
>>
>>1356521
Only pseuds say autistic things like that
>>
>>1356481
With me it is more that certain subjects within history interest me independent of the period.

Namely unconventional warfare.

Though the Napoleon period is one period I have the least interest in.
>>
>>1356481
How Jesus was an alien
>>
vikings are fucking awesome they could like rip your limbs off with bare hands if they wanted but they just think that axes are more brutal
>>
>>1356573
The Vikings were actually a peaceful people who did drugs and treated their women with dignity. I think you should follow in their footsteps
>>
>>1356591
no they were fucking brutal bloodthirsty savages and that's fucking cool as fuck and only hippie-like thing in them was that fucking brutal full beard that made them look like a fucking beast
>>
>>1356481
Rome. So many events of it sound like something out of an epic poem. Scipio Africanus' father was a Roman general who was killed by the Cartheginians who were under the command of Hannnibals brother. It was then his son who would deliver the crushing to Hannibal and Carthage. Julius on how he kept his promise of crucifying the pirates who captured him. Then there's the tale of Decius Mus, a Roman consul and general who threw himself at the enemy when his army was on the verge of breaking and it emboldened his men and won victory. His son and grandson would do similar. It is very easy to romanticize about.
>>
>>1356604
Viking berserkers did eat shrooms before battle though
>>
File: berserkers.jpg (243 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
berserkers.jpg
243 KB, 820x820
>>1356615
no they don't they're just born and bred fucking brutal as fuck because they live in the cold, harsh north where it is the survival of the fittest and strongest
>>
File: 1421648682409.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421648682409.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>1356481
french revolutionary period - the rise and fall of napoleon to be more specific; the only time mankind future was at stake and in the end the trash won, ending up with any hope for the rabble to live an opression free life - thanks rothschild.

also, boshin war era was pretty neat
>>
>>1356545
>>1356546

now kiss
>>
File: 1421956240310.jpg (166 KB, 499x480) Image search: [Google]
1421956240310.jpg
166 KB, 499x480
>>1356632
as someone who is a viking inside but was born with the wrong genre outside i can say this is true.
we were also born with small bear fur on our heads too, which grow on us everything we did something brave and courageous
>>
File: 3.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1288) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
618 KB, 1920x1288
American Revolution, and the very beginnings of American history.

I know it's a bit of a simplification of what happened, but the idea that there was this relatively small group of men who kept popping up in different positions and jobs throughout the government keeping it working while they fought the British and maintained their nation. And then, at the end, they kill each other via dueling. Fucking perfect historical lives.
>>
>>1356481
Revolutionary periods are interesting.

"Golden Ages" too.
>>
>>1356481
Turn of the century upper-class America is oddly fascinating to me.
>>
For me:
The 1920's in America (I love the clothes, the culture, the political shenanigans going down)
Pretty much anything between 400 BC-the end of Augustus.
I'm also starting to look in to the bronze age empires which are really cool, I wish there was more stuff from them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.