[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pyrrhus of Epirus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Pyrrhus.jpg (21 KB, 389x475) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhus.jpg
21 KB, 389x475
Best Greek general

Prove me wrong
>>
greatest admiral too :)
>>
>Philip II was Macedonian
>Alexander III was Macedonian
>Pyrrhus was Epirote
>Mithridates VI was Pontic
>All the Diadochi were Macedonian

So we're left with shit like Epaminondas, Iphicrates and others?
>>
>>1356220
I see your Pyrrhus and raise you Alexander.
Your move OP.
>>
>>1356281
Just took advantage of his dad's achievements
>>
>>1356220
I'd argue Xanthippus was.
Takes a good general to make Carthage not shit
>>
>>1356220

Lysander says hi.
>>
What about Xenophon?
>>
>>1356579
>>1356579
Didn't he get rekt against Athens?
>>
Jason of Phareah?
>>
>>1356220
My prof said he died like a little bitch because an old lady dropped a brick onto his head from her window.
>>
>>1356398

You see what you did there. Two words. COPPED OUT. Fucking hell bruh this is a history board and you give no "for instance." Alexander was brilliant given his circumstances. Yes he liked his wine/Persian babes/boys but he was willing to jump an enemy Malli wall on his Indian campaign and thereby spur his own men into action and win the day (after getting shot). Fuck Oliver Stone, and his glossy as fuck "film". Alexander moved an army + all of the needed babes/boys and food across an area longer than the United States, most of which being hostile territory and all along the way naming every damn town after himself. Alexander didn't just conquer half the known world, he grabbed it by its dusty love handles and fucked it into submission. Case and point. Pyrrhus was awesome, but Alexander was dope. Nasty.
>>
Xenophon?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.