[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When the founding fathers won their war for independence, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: founding-fathers.jpg (77 KB, 480x328) Image search: [Google]
founding-fathers.jpg
77 KB, 480x328
When the founding fathers won their war for independence, how long did they think the union would last? Would they be surprised to learn that their union is now coming up on it's 45th Presidential election? Many nations have sputterd out or split up sooner.

And on that point I wonder just how powerful they thought The United States of America would become. Could they have imagined the most powerful fleets in the world, sailing through every ocean under their (sorta) flag? What would they think of their nation spanning from Atlantic to the Pacific and into the 21st century?
>>
"You dream of empire!" ~ John Adams
>>
After the meeting we all got high as fuck and laughed about the shit we just done. Georgie boy grew this chronic ass outdoor bud, the recipe had been passed down from his family for generations, that's why we all loved the son of a bitch.

P.S. Ever wonder why money is green? George smoked so much fucking weed 6 days out of 7 he was comatose.

>t. Jefferson
>>
>old straight white dudes

who cares baka
>>
>>1354294
They'd probably be more worried about the two party system with an elite class that's drowning the populas in an informational sea of irrelevancy. To answer your question however, I highly doubt they ever imagined how evolved the Nation State would get.
>>
>>1354294
>When the founding fathers won their war for independence, how long did they think the union would last? Would they be surprised to learn that their union is now coming up on it's 45th Presidential election? Many nations have sputterd out or split up sooner
I'm sure it was a concern. They knew slavery was going to be a big point of contention. There were many that wanted to abolish it upon independence or at least start the process, but it would have been impossibly to keep the union of states if they'd tried.

>And on that point I wonder just how powerful they thought The United States of America would become. Could they have imagined the most powerful fleets in the world, sailing through every ocean under their (sorta) flag?
They'd probably be both awe-stricken and slightly appalled. Remember that these dudes were not a fan of having a standing army.
>What would they think of their nation spanning from Atlantic to the Pacific and into the 21st century?
Wouldn't be that surprising desu. We expanded from the Atlantic past the Mississppi by like 1805 and even farther after the war of 1812.
>>
Think they were expecting a revolution rewriting the constitution every 50-70 years.

Basically didn't think it would be very stable.
>>
>>1354294
They'd be disgusted that their nation became everything they hated
US is basically just British Empire of the modern day desu
>>
>>1355513
The USA is the best thing to happen to the British Empire since the dissolution of the empire was always going to happen.

Now the Anglo culture still gets forced worldwide and Britain just deflects the negative shit away from them because it's apparently all America's fault now.
>>
>>1354299
I enjoyed this post, thanks.
>>
>>1354304
They themselves were an elite who scorned the proles.
>>
>>1355629
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>Holy shit, those guns are awesome, imagine how many britshits and savages you could kill with that!
>Holy fuck, look at those BOATS, all that CARGO! All that TRADE! O-oh, you sold off your vast manufacturing capabilities?
>Oh, you freed the slaves? And have integrated them into society? Well, a bit filthy if you ask me, but times do change. And one's the PRESIDENT? My word, you must have educated and civilized them! Truly, you are paragons of enlightenment virtue! Oh, one of the political parties immediately turned them into little more than slaves locked away in plantations to farm votes out of? And just under three quarters of them are born never knowing their fathers? And crime, anti-intellectualism, and illiteracy are rampant? And this Negro President is widely heralded as a joke and a Moslem?
>What the bloody fucking hell do you mean "90% of 'television' stations are owned by six international corporations that cannot be held accountable to the people of the United States by any means"? And you just LET rich Jews and traitors setup trade deals to make manufacturing of goods cheaper in Asia and Southern American countries than on United States Soil?!
>What is an "Air force"?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.