[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has modern man rejected occultism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: cdn_well_45595i_large.jpg (95 KB, 730x944) Image search: [Google]
cdn_well_45595i_large.jpg
95 KB, 730x944
Why has modern man rejected occultism?
>>
>>1353571
it doesnt work
>>
>>1353571
The elites haven't. The materialistic atheist kool-aid is only distributed to the masses and mid-level lackeys.
>>
>>1353571
They haven't rejected it at all, it's only evolved. Elites love it. Plebs eat up watered-down, warmed over Theosophy, Kabbalah, and Volkisch tradition to justify their plebby ends. Soccer moms want Fabio. Teens want to summon succubus. Hipsters want to be one with nature. Stormcucks want a BBC to bang their wives. It's endless.
>>
>>1353599
They haven't rejected it at all, it's only evolved. Elites love it. Plebs eat up watered-down, warmed over Theosophy, Kabbalah, and Volkisch tradition to justify their plebby ends. Soccer moms want Fabio. Teens want to summon succubus. Hipsters want to be one with nature. Stormcucks want a BBC to bang their wives. It's endless.

U wot m8?
>>
File: maria_orsic.jpg (15 KB, 319x420) Image search: [Google]
maria_orsic.jpg
15 KB, 319x420
>>1353609
The entire "new age" and "green" subcultures are heavily informed by ariosophy/german volkisch aryanism, and theosophy, major esoteric movements of the late 1880s and early 20th century. They were informed in turn by the exchange of thought from Hindu theology and a reaction to Jewish esoterics, which had long since evolved and mutated from Egyptian and Hellenic mystery schools as Kabbalah, Heremeticism, Rosicrucianism and Masonic rites.

The pot-smoking UFOlogists who rant about pyramid power and sex magic are really the grandchildren of the Vril Society. Ask me more if you're curious, I've spent way too much time reading about this.
>>
>>1353571
>modern

Evola plz go.
>>
>>1353571

modern man rejects occultism in the process of making dem laptops

but with said laptop modern man googles shit about putting stones in drinkwater to make water shakra alignment compatible.

ancient man uses starlight and owl blood and tries to make laptop with it, fails at it then he goes burn a witch.
>>
File: 0226319768.jpg (12 KB, 150x229) Image search: [Google]
0226319768.jpg
12 KB, 150x229
>>1353630
Same poster - I should elaborate on this for making such sprawing claims. Let's start with the "green" subculture, associated closely with hipsters. You've seen them. They love everything old, jump on new health fads like kombucha tea, standing desks, gluten-free, free-range, all-natural this and that, probably hold left-wing views, and enjoy buying IPAs and "authentic" foods from local distributors. They're probably animal lovers and may have had brief flirtations with OWS or GreenPeace. This is similar to, but distinct from the free-love hippy of the 60s. Modern "hipsters" paradoxically enjoy a lifestyle that crowds out poor minorities, and perhaps unintentionally reinforce a left-wing liberal agrarianism that has uncanny similarity to almost identical movements that developed great popularity in Weimar Germany from the reverberations of the industrial revolution. Pic related is a fabulous resource.
>>
>>1353664
But how is this "esoteric" and not merely a development of the era's technology? Could it not be said that modern "sustainable" environmentalism has simply filtered down from the excesses of waste and smog of Berlin's early industrial sectors? Well, for one it contains the esoteric, mystic baggage of its volkisch predecessors. Not merely treating nature well enough to not immediately plunge into a nuclear winter, you will notice proponents of these ideas, modern and older, crudely emphasize a notion of oneness or appreciation of the landscape in a purely sentimental value. More than the dry, scientific, "if we destroy the rainforest our climate will be fucked" environmental pragmatism.

Hitler himself was hugely influenced by this era and made it known to his contemporaries, enacting laws vigorously prohibiting animal cruelty and producing vague, almost Emersonian quotations like
>“It’s possible to satisfy the needs of the inner life by an intimate communion with nature, or by knowledge of the past.
or
>“What we need are men gifted with a sixth sense, who live in nature and with nature—whether or not they know anything about isotherms and isobars.”
neither of which would seem out of place superimposed over a picture of Taylor Swift.
>>
There comes a point when standing in a circle with a bunch of other guys in a candle lit basement and chanting made up chuuni words just feels pointless & a little gay after a few dozen failures
>>
>>1353698
>>1353664
Someone fell a little too hard for the Forer effect. It's interesting how the weirdest conspiracy theories draw out the weirdest people both for and against them.
>>
Because Devil has better ideas on tricking humans now.
>>
>>1353571
It's called theoretical physics now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>1353725
I don't think it's really reaching, if you actually look at period trends they're the same factors that stimulate the modern subculture, just emerging in a slightly different colour. The actual esoteric elements of UFOlogy meanwhile are literally, directly inspired by "weird tales" contemporary with Nazism and post-war Hitlerists like Miguel Serrano. Entire books have been written on the paper trail of how Vril, the black sun, agartha, and mercury engines transformed into "pyramid power", and Heaven's Gate. If you're interested I can give some recs.
>>
>>1353746
It's hardly /x/ material either. The notion of how otherwise ordinary, rational people can become rapt by obvious nonsense through the sheer power of buried neurosis and wishful thinking is of great importance to history and historiography. How did so many Germans come to support Hitler and the Nazi regime? How many talented, qualified historians have taken accounts of Caligula's insanity at face value? What great number of PhDs have fallen into the pit of toxic "racial realism"?
>>
Subcultures recreate the occult on a much more individual level.
>>
File: 1466414757026.jpg (587 KB, 500x920) Image search: [Google]
1466414757026.jpg
587 KB, 500x920
>>1353774
Moreover, what does today's "occultism" say about the religion of yesterday, or the science of tomorrow? We may scoff at the concept, but don't the primeval occupations of astrology, numerology, mysticism, sacred geometry and every other mainstay of "the esoteric" speak volumes on man's enormous capacity for pattern-seeking, his talent for rationalization of even the obscene and insane, and most importantly the inextinguishable hunger for meaning that burns like a guiding beacon in us all?
>>
File: 1453693144008.jpg (79 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
1453693144008.jpg
79 KB, 300x419
>>1353801
What does the inheritance of Blavatsky teach us about antisemitism? Racism? Sexuality? The burgeoning conflicts of national character and global interest that we're facing with Unions, trade agreements and Brexits?

Personally, I think every shady, inauspicious, repulsive, unenlightened nook and cranny of the human psyche throughout history should be probed, not entombed. Analyzed, not forgotten. Understanding the nature and qualities of thought on the fringe can teach us more about ourselves, and our straining efforts to reach something greater than ourselves.
>>
>>1353722
Plus it's kinda hard to stay credible when you've got nerds showing up in society and discrediting things with their scientific thinking and geometry and shit.
>>
>>1353576
I expect you speak from personal experience and argue from personal credulity, right?

>if it isn't repeatable then it isn't legitimate

Jason only talks to mom
Jason does not talk to dad
Dad claims Jason can not talk
Mom opposes and claims he can
Dad declare that because Jason talking is not repeatable as in Jason talking to Dad therefore Jason can not talk

This is the method of the moderns, it is garbage and only serves to make one look like a fool to the truly enlightened.
The more degrees you have the more naive you are, the simpler and humbler, the wiser.
>>
>>1353571
Because it's not actually real, so only die hard escapists bother to propagate.
>>
File: 1455261058032.gif (575 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455261058032.gif
575 KB, 500x281
>>1354254
Well Dad is a dumbass to have not thought of a camera or audio recorder, or any other filthy technology of the moderns.

>it is garbage and only serves to make one look like a fool to the truly enlightened
You called me a fool? That hurt my feelings, anon. Apologize. Now.
>>
>>1354254
Mom records a video of Jason actually talking and shows it to Dad, who now believes that Jason can in fact talk.
>>
I haven't
>>
>>1354254
I dare you to take a camera and record you repeating whatever you're trying to do a couple dozens of times, and end up with anything remotely similar to a proper result.
The fact that you people refuse to show proofs or any kind of evidence regarding this kind of bullshit just shows how fake it all is or ultimately just how insecure you are.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.