[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that the Khoisan didn't have an actual language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_lautcpINFd1qbvfcto1_1280.jpg (294 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lautcpINFd1qbvfcto1_1280.jpg
294 KB, 1280x960
I've heard many times that the native people of South Africa, known as Khoisans or Ottentots didn't have a language and still don't have an actual one, they used clicks rather than actual human sounds, so it was basically just a really simple language, a series of clicks, "Clingon", I think that's the name of their language.

What do you guys think about this?
>>
>>1351792
Yes OP

Yes

The khoisan don't have a language

Just a series of sounds which represent ideas & things and a strict pattern of rules to give more precise ideas from person to person

Yes

Not language

Just a means of verbal communication between humans

Silly
>>
>>1351792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WO5XabD-s
They just have a couple clicks as consonants
Here's a wizard talking about grass
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BsHyH_p9mI

Some of South African black languages have clicks as well.

This literally is the South African president, not even joking.
>>
>>1352026
>This literally is the South African president, not even joking.
what's funny about this?
>>
>>1351792
>Clingon
>>
>>1352091
Dressing like the Witch King is pretty funny.
>>
>>1351792
> really simple language
No. Actually Khoisan languages are insanely complex.
>>
File: taa_consonants.png (155 KB, 1018x1049) Image search: [Google]
taa_consonants.png
155 KB, 1018x1049
>>1351964
They have shitloads of both click and non-click consonants.
>>
>>1351964
>>1352146
this language is stupid, languages like English are evolutionary superior via being easier to learn and easier to speak.
>>
>>1353098
I agree. Tonal languages are subhuman too, chinks please change it.
>>
File: khosianman.jpg (27 KB, 545x298) Image search: [Google]
khosianman.jpg
27 KB, 545x298
>>1351792

I can speak on behalf of everyone on the planet, OP: you're a moron.

The fact that you don't regard sounds made by a human as "human sounds" because they don't exist in your language is about as retarded as it gets. Every sound made by a human is a human sound.

You are correct about one thing: they speak Clingon. You're a genius.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.