[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would love to be a crossbowman standing behind my pavise, chillin'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: crossbowman.jpg (9 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
crossbowman.jpg
9 KB, 188x268
I would love to be a crossbowman standing behind my pavise, chillin' 'n killin' and wait for the archers to run out of arrows so I could put on my freddy krueger like clawed archer killing gauntlets, run up to them and hear them screaming
>muh Agnicourt, muh Agnicourt!

as I rip and tear their guts then decorate my pavise with their skin

fuck archers

battlefields are too small for two projectile weapons
>>
crossbow thread #4
>>
I'm starting to think the same retard keeps making more annoying as crossbow threads.
Were already at our fourth crossbow thread in less than a day.
>>
>>1351765
crossbowmen are the new vikings
>>
>>1351799
Vikings should use crossbows they would be unstoppable with them.
>>
>>1351841
that'd be fucking brutal
>>
>>1351759
In Crecy the crossbowman were fucked by the longbowman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8vc4dSocvs
>>
>>1351783
Crossbows are hot right now. You can't stop the momentum
>>
>>1351896
Why doesn't the modern military use crossbows?
>>
>>1354535
Weapons of mass destruction are banned
>>
>>1351759
>>1354525
at crecy the crossbowmen were sent forward before their pavise shields arrived with hilarious consequences
>>
>>1351799
Impossible. Crossbows were actually useful and are horribly underrated.

This is just a forced meme.
>>
File: viking_beserker.jpg (72 KB, 398x456) Image search: [Google]
viking_beserker.jpg
72 KB, 398x456
>>1354656
so are vikings
>>
>>1354933
Berserkers didn't exist though.
>>
crossbows > bows

Tbh welsh bow have no chance to penetrate through whole knight's armor, maybe only through plate but at 100% mailchain or aketon would stop an arrow.
>>
Crossbows were so powerful they were banned by Church
>>
>>1355379
Too bad it didn't happened and anyway nobody would have cared.
>>
>>1355387
>Too bad it didn't happened and anyway nobody would have cared.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow#Medieval_Europe

They did but only against christian armies. And yes nobody cared
>>
>>1355393
No they didn't, this part of the 2nd Lateran council is "hotly" debated. We aren't sure it was there, we aren't sure crossbows were included if it was.
>>
>>1355387
Crossbows were basically weapons of mass destruction in that age
You could literally snipe knights from 300m away
>>
>>1355379
>muh ebin forbidden weapon meme xD

the same pope also banned archery and torunaments and no one listened why people keep cherrypicking only part of his sentence?
>>
>>1355404
No you couldn't snipe people, crossbows had at best an effective range of 250m and a killing range of 50. So maybe you could "snipe" knights but good luck doing something to them at 300m. Crossbows weren't magical death machines.
Sniper weapons aren't WMA now, I can't see why they would have been back then, it's an idiotic analogy. If you were saying bombards or greek fire, maybe, maybe, and even then no.
>>
>>1355415
>killing range of 50m

source would be nice
>>
>>1355404
no you can't. bolts are too short to hit anything further than about 100 meters.the longer the distance between the gravity point (=arrowhead) and stabilizer (=fletching) the more stable flight.
>>
>>1355355
then how do you explain the picture? :^)
>>
>>1356116
Photoshopped sea jew propaganda that's meant to blue pill the world into thinking they wuz warriors 'n shiet.
>>
>>1355404
You get it wrong. You could shot at DISTANCE of 300 m but effective distance to kilink knight was something about 30 m
>>
>>1356475
But the pic clearly shows a berseker therefore they did exist :^)
>>
>>1354933
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker
>This fury, which was called berserkergang, occurred not only in the heat of battle, but also during laborious work. Men who were thus seized performed things which otherwise seemed impossible for human power. This condition is said to have begun with shivering, chattering of the teeth, and chill in the body, and then the face swelled and changed its colour. With this was connected a great hot-headedness, which at last gave over into a great rage, under which they howled as wild animals, bit the edge of their shields, and cut down everything they met without discriminating between friend or foe. When this condition ceased, a great dulling of the mind and feebleness followed, which could last for one or several days.[14]
>>
lmao just try and catch me you noskill lowmobility faggot
>>
>>1356648
If I pull him off that horse would he die?
>>
>>1356672
It would be extremly painfull
>>
>>1356672
50/50 he either dies or does not
>>
>>1356629
>when you sperg out so hard you have to take a break for a wekk
>>
>>1356648
Wouldn't pierce/10
>>
>>1356856
Looks like they are about to drop a rap album.
>>
File: swag knight.jpg (407 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
swag knight.jpg
407 KB, 593x564
>>1356856
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.