[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a crossbowman during a siege would be the shit I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: crossbowman_by_lordgood-d73mcnh.png (488 KB, 554x954) Image search: [Google]
crossbowman_by_lordgood-d73mcnh.png
488 KB, 554x954
Being a crossbowman during a siege would be the shit I would love to snipe some dumb fucking knights and worthless infantrymen with their garbage meme melee weapons. What even was the fucking point of knights and infantry if projectile weapons fucked them up lmao medieval people truly were idiots.
>>
Are we being invaded? Three crossbow threads up.
>>
>>1349189
>Implying that crossbow bolts can pierce knight plate armor and that they were just a meme weapon to give untrained peasants to
>>
I can rape you with my pick twice before you can spell reload.
>>
>>1349203
Someone propably ended up wikipedia article on crossbows and thinks He need's to propagate his new enlightenment on "supirior" arms by spamming threads.
>>
you do realize that those knights and infantrymen were too equipped with crossbows for sieges and will shoot a volley on you the very moment you first raise your head over your pavise?
>>
>>1349203
its better than hitler dindus or
>
>
>
for a change
>>
>>1350027
Knights never used crossbows you nigtron.
>>
Too bad the knights and infantrymen are bringing siege towers and engines specifically designed to let them close into melee range with you as fast as possible while also protecting them from projectiles such as the ones delivered by your puny crossbow

And of course, most armies would never attempt storming a castle unless they had a vast numerical advantage and knew that they were going to be succesful in the storming

I hope you're wearing a crotch protector because mr. knight is in a bad mood today and wants to try out his new flanged mace on someones testicles
>>
>>1349203
>>1350043

Give it a few more threads and /his/ will have developed the standard kneejerk hatred and start suggesting crossbows weren't useful for anything because they're tired of these threads.
>>
>>1350835
>He thinks real life are video games
>He thinks a knight can't use a crossbow

It's just a weapon, man. You don't need to be a special unit to use a crossbow. Lords used it to hunt, and they used it for war.
>>
>>1350884
Name some knights who used a crossbow.
>>
>>1350884
>Lords used it to hunt, and they used it for war.

Peasants used it to hunt, Lords used packs of dogs.
>>
>>1350887
Pierre Basile, a french knight from Limousin, who killed Richard the Lionheart with... A crossbow :^)
>>
>>1350891
>peasants
>having the right to hunt

By the XIIIth Century most european kingdoms banned hunting though. Peasants didn't use crossbows, they weren't widespread. Lords however did use them just like you would use rifles nowadays.
>>
>>1350909
>they weren't allowed to hunt so they didn't :^)

Nigga, poaching was a major industry in medieval Britain.
>>
Ignore crossbow posters
Hide crossbow posters
Don't reply to crossbow posters
>>
>>1350900
>french
>knight

wow a frenchie was a fucking coward how surprising
>>
>>1350970
You know that chivalry was literally invented in France, right ?
>>
>>1350970
Richard the Lionheart was french too. He was from Anjou.
>>
>>1350986
And chivalry existed so nobles would get ransomed instead of being killed in combat. What's your point? That the French indeed are cowards?
>>
>>1350986
So was cuckold.

>>1350988
he was a faggot as well
>>
>>1350989
>>1350991
>History and Humanities
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.