[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>War in Vietnam >Get up close and personal with your enemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2._GettyImages-3366279.jpg (984 KB, 3752x2639) Image search: [Google]
2._GettyImages-3366279.jpg
984 KB, 3752x2639
>War in Vietnam
>Get up close and personal with your enemy
>build camaraderie with your brothers in arms
>never a question of why you're fighting

>War in Iraq
>launch missiles at the enemy from 200 miles away
>constant deployment rotations, no continuity of forces
>can't even figure out where the WMDs are

Has war-fighting lost its dignity from then to now? What changed?
>>
>War in Vietnam
>it aint me starts playing
>>
>the war with widespread drug use, war crimes and fragging was better than the war with a professional military significantly less massacred civilians because muh rose glasses
>>
File: 1466625885759.jpg (180 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466625885759.jpg
180 KB, 600x600
>>1345937
>the United States of America
>dignity
>>
>>1345937
>>build camaraderie with your brothers in arms
>>never a question of why you're fighting

where are you getting your nam history from wtf
>>
>>1345937
Because there were none.
This triggers the shit out of me.
>>
>>1345937
>Get up close and personal with your enemy

It was rare to actually see the enemy in jungle warfare. Recon by fire and shooting back at muzzle flashes.
>>
>>1345937
>>build camaraderie with your brothers in arms
>>never a question of why you're fighting
You've never read about Vietnam have you?
>>
>>1345937
>constant deployment rotations, no continuity of forces

One of the biggest criticisms of Vietnam was the replacement system of individual soldiers. Its why units are now rotated together.
>>
>>1345937
oh my god
you actually bought that shit
this is so precious
>>
>>1345944
First of all, /thread

Secondly war has changed tenfold since the end of the cold war. The 2001 invasion of iraq was the most expensive military operation ever and it only had 200 thousand us riflemen in for a month.
>>
>never a question of why you're fighting
except they did
quite a lot of em actually
>>
>>1345937
>war is dignified
lmao
>you need to see your enemy to be a ""real warrior""
lmao
>>
>>1345941
>significantly less civie casualties.
Yes in total, but not by ration.

Pissed off sargeant barnes like men would not inflict as many civie deaths as shock and awe did if it continued. We were bombing the ho chi min trail, but you cant inflict as many casualties doing that as bombing cities.
>>
you maintain your dignity while not dying in your own shit and speaking nonsense, unable to control your actions as your brain receives less and less blood
>>
>>1345937
This post is bait yall no one can post something this stupid
>>
>>1346327
>The 2001 invasion of iraq was the most expensive military operation ever
Lolno. WWII, adjusted for inflation, is still the most expensive US war in history BY FAR. The Iraq war is a drop in the bucket in comparison.
>>
SOME MEN ARE BORN
BORN TO RAISE THE FLAG
OOH THEYRE RED WHITE N BLUE
>>
>>1346836
Now imagine if the 2001 invasion lasted over a month.
>>
>>1346843
>2001 invasion lasted over a month
Well, considering the U.S. didn't invade Iraq until 2003 and that the operation, shock and awe not included, lasted from 2003 until 2010 and still managed to not even dip into the numbers WWII did in half the time, I'd say you can shut the fuck up.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.