[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manipulating History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Ever occur to anyone that with a few key select members and a little ingenuity that the majority of human history could be subtly modified over time, to the point where almost everything we think we know about it has been completely fabricated?

Basically think the "ministry of truth" from 1984 except its a secret society that has been around for thousands of years.
>>
File: PhilipDick.jpg (16 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
PhilipDick.jpg
16 KB, 300x389
>>1345319
> Ever occur to anyone that with a few key select members and a little ingenuity that the majority of human history could be subtly modified over time, to the point where almost everything we think we know about it has been completely fabricated?

Yeah
>>
>>1345319
I recommend to you the works of Anatoly Fomenko.
>>
They call themselves the Post Office.

But I've already said too much.
>>
>>1345319
>the majority of human history could be subtly modified over time, to the point where almost everything we think we know about it has been completely fabricated?
i thought that's what history was?
>>1345331
>tfw stuck inside the prison
>>
>>1345363
quality post
>>
>>1345331
LOL my first thought. I'm reading The Penultimate Truth right now. Love Philip K Dick.

It's possible because the internet has basically centralized fact checking to a few sites like Wikipedia or snipers. It would be easier than burning every paper history book already written. Hell, it happens every day that people call lies the things that they done want to hear.
>>
>>1345524
*Snopes
>>
But history is changing all the time as we age and as generations change. "Each of us is all the sums we have not counted," says Thomas Wolfe. "Subtract us into nakedness and night again and you will see begin in Crete 4000 years ago the love that ended yesterday in Texas."
>>
>>1345649
that not the same as a deliberate conspiracy of obfuscation.
>>
>>1345649
Common knowledge of basic history is shaped over time by what is taught in schools, particularly public schools because the subjects are so broad and the syllabus so structured. A single sentence in a textbook can shape a student's interpretation of an historical event or period. I remember an article awhile back about a controversy regarding a textbook company minimizing not only the use of slavery but also it's brutality.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.