[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimately isn't happiness the Truth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: happy.jpg (19 KB, 644x360) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
19 KB, 644x360
Ultimately isn't happiness the Truth?
>>
>>1345221
what is happiness?
>>
>>1345221
happniess is the ultimate prize, but not the truth
>>
>>1345221
I thought that was suffering
>>
>>1345221
The truth has only made me unhappier
>>
>>1345249
a miserable pile of lies
>>
yes, and they are both worthless
>>
>>1345300

So what has worth, then?
>>
Happiness would be a beautiful lie that you believe in with all your heart.
>>
everything is true if you believe it and it correspond to what you experience as reality, happiness is the most divine virtue, only to imagine and feel how it is for a minute can show you meaning, and in a closer look it is the closest we can get to the meaning itself, God, and God is the ultimate truth so in a way happiness gives a permanent quality of everlasting truth, to one who experiences it.
>>
>>1346044
Do you think God is happy, anon?
>>
>>1346061
God isn't fully comprehensible to us, but I can say that as I see human behavior moved by the same objective forces(primal desires and instincts, feelings, intelligence) , all driving to reach the same end which is happiness, I can see that the human experience is constructed in a way that lead us to a specific something, and I believe that something is God, what I feel as happiness is fulfilling, lightweight, without barriers, free and infinite, warm, natural, loving and I can go on and on.. I believe these are all characteristics that resemble God, to put it roughly, and that our goal is to mold ourselves in the "image" of these positive qualities and get as close to God as we can,that is also why it makes us happy, because we feel our ultimate goal as souls is to become one with God again as we were before we got here to this plane of existence.

I couldn't imagine how God perceives reality as a conscious being, but I don't think he requires happiness as an end the same way we do.
>>
>>1345221
Happiness has only deceived me and the truth has never made me happy.
>>
no, why would it be?
>>
The truth of what?
>>
>>1345221
They're not the same no. One is preferable to the other depending on where you're at in life.
>>
One of the best ways to achieve happiness is to masturbate.

My name is Michale Weston. I used to be a spy.
>>
>>1345221
Happiness us the byproduct of a life being lived well.

>>1346061
God lives life better then anyone, thus god is the happiest.
>>
>>1346450
>>In your car

Get it right.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.