[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love vs Friendship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: love-fingers.jpg (7 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
love-fingers.jpg
7 KB, 289x174
Lets ask the big question here, whats the difference between love and friendship? whats is the pin point stage in which we switch from being friends with someone into being in love with that same person?
>>
>>1344873
Love is self-sacrificing and friendship is mutual benefit.
>>
File: image.png (45 KB, 1314x1054) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 1314x1054
>>1344873
>tfw no Friends or lover
>>
>>1344906
Sometimes we make sacrafices for our friends
>>
>>1344909
Its okay anon, you've got us! We're your family
>>
>>1344873
The meanings are restricted by language conventions. You could easily classify love into several types, like the greeks - agape, philos, eros, etc. Practically speaking, the difference between love and friendship is that friends are bros, and bros are not for fucking. A lover is a friend you also want to fuck.
>>
>>1344873
When your heart go doki-doki.
>>
>>1344991
I mean whats the difference between eros and philos, I know the definition but how can we tell them apart?
>>
>>1344996
So basically everytime I get chased down by a large dog?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x388
>>1344986
Y-you too...
>>
>>1344984
And expect them to repay the favor.
>>
>>1345010
Not necessarily though
>>
>>1345002
Eros is romantic love; we want to be close to them beyond a platonic sense. We love them like we love our friends, but there is the deeper love below. Phila us familiar love; the love we have for our parents and siblings. Phila is a strong love and can weather major issues, but lacks the deeper love Eros has. Both however can be shared with friends, i.e. a long term girlfriend for eros, who is also a recipient of philia
>>
>>1344873

love is to will the good of the other as other despite yourself.

a friend is merely a term for the relationship of that love.
>>
>>1345003
You are the large dog that is doing the chasing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.