[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Native American accent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1464842208634.png (1015 KB, 889x889) Image search: [Google]
1464842208634.png
1015 KB, 889x889
What is the accent that Native Americans have?

Every famous Native American I know of has this accent. I don't think it's influenced by Native American languages because it's a very clear and distinctly American sounding accent. It almost sounds like a relic of a now evolved American accent.

Video related, it's an example of what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrI7S_ns-D0
>>
It's probably just how they talk on the reservations.
>>
>>1344675
It's simply the way the native-American group he's in talks. It really is that simple. Communities within countries form linguistic groups, and they raise their children to talk like they do.

Take the "London" accent for example. There are many different "London" accents, depending on which part of London, social class and even ethnic group. Pakistani Muslims in London talk differently to white or Chinese-descent Londoners even from the same part of London and from the same economic background because of the interactions within a closed group. The extent of this distinction and its persistence over time scales often with how insular or ghettoised the group is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t23BWFiwjXo

A British person closing their eyes listening to him speak will know he's a Pakistani Muslim from the South of England just from his voice, yet a non-British person will likely just hear a "British" accent.
>>
>>1344675
You meaning west of the Mississippi? Its a divergent frontier English but with the Amerind influences of their respective languages generally inflect English or Dutch or spanish
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.