[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Christians be so ignorant as to actually believe that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13
File: 1462205416970.jpg (7 KB, 180x159) Image search: [Google]
1462205416970.jpg
7 KB, 180x159
How can Christians be so ignorant as to actually believe that their Christian religion is actually a fulfillment of Judaism?

The New Testament's theology is completely different from the Old Testament of the Hebrews. By reading the NT, one sees the introduction of certain themes that simply aren't found in Judaism, but that are very obviously influenced from Greek mystery rites. The entire concept of a suffering deity, of a deity whose suffering and death 'redeems' the world; the idea of followers mystically sharing in this deity's suffering, the strong emphasis on forgiveness of sins and salvation through belief, and of reaching a pleasant/'good' afterlife by performing proper rites and/or subscribing to a certain deity - these are all undeniably elements borrowed from Greek mystery religions and neo-Platonism! The Orphic rites, the Eleusinian rites, the Attic rites, the cults of Serapis and Dyonisus and Isis. These thematic elements are completely alien to Jewish theology, hence why the Jews themselves rejected (and still do) Christianity; there is no 'continuity' between the New or Old, save whatever convoluted excuses Christians use to attempt to reconcile the two.

Does Yahweh the war god ever give the impression of being a 'suffering deity'? Isn't it odd that the New Testament places undue emphasis on an afterlife, yet the Old Testament made no mention of it, such that the concept of an afterlife did not even develop until well into the Second Temple period? Isn't it strange that Jesus bore none of the attributes or signs that Yahweh himself promised the Jews the Messiah would have?

In essence, to put it in simplest terms - the New Testament is a Greek fanfiction to the Old Testament: it is not 'canon', and attempts to reconcile the two are just too problematic and self-defeating.
>>
>>1344406
All of the prophecies about the coming messiah are about Jesus.
>>
>>1344406
Job was suffering before Greece was founded.

So were millions of other people.
>>
>>1344406
>Isn't it strange that Jesus bore none of the attributes or signs that Yahweh himself promised the Jews the Messiah would have

All of them.

Isaiah 53 is all about Jesus. So is Psalms 22.

Why don't you know any of this, when you clearly have a contrary opinion to the facts?
>>
>>1344406
Isn't the kind of syncretic pollution how every religion develops? Let's not pretend Judaism is completely pure of Babylonian, Zoroastrian, Egyptian religious influence, and even those are building upon even older rite and rituals of which we simply don't have documentation.
>>
>>1344412
Wrong. Most of those 'prophecies' were not even prophecies, being found in Psalms, which is a work of poetic nature.

Second, Jesus did not gulfill the Messianic prophecies: the Third Temple was not built, as prophesied in Ezekiel; the Jewish disapora was not gathered back to Israel, nor was an era of Universal Peace ushered in, as the prophet Isaiah very explicitly said.

The response will undoubtedly be some convoluted attempt to say these occurred, albeit 'metaphorically', which is itself not in line with the Old Testament, since these prophecies were to be very literal.
>>
>>1344431
You're right, of course. Which all points to the fact Christianity - like all religions - is very much a man-made system that underwent change to adapt to the needs of people; because of this, it is undeniably of a very human origin and lacks any supernatural or divine origin - hence, it has no real authority nor place in the modern world.
>>
>>1344435
Calling a prophecy a poem does not make it go away. Taking just a few dozen prophecies, all of them were fulfilled by Jesus. A man. A Hebrew. Tribe of Judah. House of David. Born of a virgin. In Bethlehem. Called out of Egypt. Was a Nazarene.

If you calculated just those odds, the odds that Jesus fulfilled them all at random are astronomical.

The prophecies regarding the Kingdom Age were not ripe due to the murder of the Messiah and the rejection of the Kingdom.

When they are ripe, they will happen. Guaranteed.
>>
>>1344446
Utter rubbish and likely samefagging at its worst.

Christianity is the belief that Jesus is God, and that He rose from the dead.

It does not derive from anything but those two facts. Confessing those two facts aloud and believing them in your heart causes a person to enter into the New Covenant.
>>
File: honk honk.jpg (9 KB, 250x203) Image search: [Google]
honk honk.jpg
9 KB, 250x203
>>1344451
>Taking just a few dozen prophecies
>If you calculated just those odds, the odds that Jesus fulfilled them all at random are astronomical

You yourself just admitted that Jesus did not - could not - have fulfilled all the prophecies. Way to go - this must be the famous Christian Scholastic "tradition".
>>
File: 1422078900093.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1422078900093.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>>1344446
>a man-made system that underwent change to adapt to the needs of people
>hence, it has no real authority nor place in the modern world
>it's manmade therefore it has no place in the modern world

Mustn't we throw out science and all other philosophies if that was the case? Saying a religion isn't divinely inspired doesn't make it any less of a beneficent, useful mechanism for social order, meaning and value in the lives of everyday people.
>>
File: 20f.png (158 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
20f.png
158 KB, 625x626
I don't know what's dumber: falling for an obvious bait thread, or falling for religion.
>>
>>1344454
>those two facts

They are not facts, they are myths.
>>
>>1344412
All the prophecies about coming messiahs that are about Jesus aren't about coming messiahs that are Jesus.

Even if they were all accounts of their fulfillment were written several decades after the fact by non-eyewitness with no stated sources, an agenda and full access to those prophecies which were likely beneficially mistranslated.

>>1344421
They really aren't.
Isaiah 53 refers to a past event and is thought to refer to Israel.
Psalms 22 as far as I know doesn't refer to a crucifixion but rather to a mauling by a lion.

>>1344451
>House of David.
By Joseph's lineage. I don't think that works for virgin births. Also differing geneologies.
>Virgin birth
May or may not be a mistranslation that was carried over.

>Calculated those odds
Only account is the bible which was written decades after the fact, by non-eyewitness with an agenda and full access to those prophecies for most of those books.
>>
>>1344455
The odds that Jesus fulfilled them at random are astronomical.

Jesus did not fulfill them at random.

lrn2read?
>>
>>1344457
>Mustn't we throw out science and all other philosophies if that was the case

No, because science and philosophy are useful, whereas religion usually does not make sense and seems rather regressive, with the only reason believers tolerate this being that it comes from a deity. Take away the possibility of the existence of this deity, and you merely have an old, regressive, outdated canon that people have demonstrated time and time again in the West that they do not want to be subservient to.
>>
>>1344457
I think what he's getting at is that it lacks "real" authority or place, as in there's nothing inherent to it. So it must stand on its own merits as an ideology, as it's not divinely inspired.
>>
>>1344465
Facts, actually, and ones that your disbelief does not effect.
>>
>>1344469
They all were about Jesus; if a man believed Moses and the prophets, they believed Jesus. The opposite is also true. If a man does not believe in Jesus, neither does he believe in Moses and the prophets.

The fact that things were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God, Who brings all things to the remembrance of the authors, and Who's collaboration makes the scriptures holy, negates your entire idiotic argument that history is written after the events take place.

In fact, proof that the bible is of God is that it writes history centuries before it takes place.

They really are. Isaiah 53 is about Jesus, not Israel. Psalms 22 is about a crucifixion, and prophecies exactly what Jesus said on the cross.

Jesus goes back to David via both Mary and Joseph, and as He is not blood related to Joseph, He skips the curse on the line of Jeconiah.

A sign to the world is a virgin giving birth to a boy.

Something quite commonplace is a young woman giving birth to a boy.

The agenda was to wake you up so that you don't go to hell.

That's the agenda.

Wake up.
>>
>>1344485
0/10

Back in my day, trolling meant something.
>>
>>1344496
I'll let you know the day I become as you are.

Not today.

Tomorrow's not looking likely either.
>>
>>1344485
My argument is that it's written after the events took place but since it isn't an eyewitness account and doesn't provide a source there's no reason to believe it even with perfect remembrance.

>Writes history
>Vague prophecy that can be interpreted anyway you want to

If Isaiah 53 was about Jesus then it wouldn't be in the past tense or would be more accurate. Jesus is not silent when faced with his accusers. He's not despised or disfigured.

Psalms 22 is not about a crucifixion and isn't a messianic prophecy either. It also doesn't predict what Jesus said on the cross according to Luke or John. Don't pull numerology bullshit or claim that they each only got parts of the statement.

There's no way that one can infer that the genealogies use Mary's genealogy though and it only works if one assumes the Gospels complete eachother for some absurd reason as Matthew's Gospel would not fulfill the prophecy even avoiding the Jeconiah blood curse in so doing.
>>
>>1344536
Matthew
John Mark
Peter
John
Paul
James
Jude

All eyewitnesses.

You don't have an argument; you have willful denial. Jesus did not offer up any defense in the face of the charges against Him. Prophecy is as good as history in God's eyes; that it can be written in past tense, or in future perfect tense, is known. Jesus literally says what the psalmist writes, a thousand years prior. That not all four gospel writers wrote all seven things Jesus said on the cross was done for reasons. Not for you saying it didn't happen.

It's very easy in the Greek. Women's genealogies read like the Mary came from the Heli, who came from the Jacob, etc. There's a definite article involved so you know it's a woman's genealogy.

Wake up. You're running out of time.
>>
>>1344549

What are you?
>>
>>1344549
If Matthew were an eyewitness he wouldn't take heavily from Mark.
Mark isn't an eyewitness because the account doesn't suit who should be writing it look it up yourself.
Peter's writings are contested or denied for various reasons likely illiterate fisherman and dating issues being among them.
John has issues that should not be the case with "Perfect Recall" and was written around 95 AD. Also apparently written by multiple people.
Paul never claims to be an eyewitness aside from receiving visions.
James doesn't really say anything about Jesus in his epistle.
Jude as far as I can tell from the writings isn't an apostle since he sets himself apart from them.

>Jesus did not offer up any defense
That's not really the claim. He's supposed to have remained silent according to the prophecy yet is convicted on his own testimony (against sanhedrin law anyway but you'd believe that the jews certainly would bend over backwards to kill their messiah)

>Past is fine too
It speaks against this fulfillment and more for a different interpretation though.

>Jesus literally says what X writes
It's not a messianic prophecy though, it's just a dude getting mauled by lions. Jesus or the writer could just be quoting that psalm verbatim. Name those reasons that they didn't all write it. Don't resort to numerology and muh magic 7.

Source me this claim that this signifies a women's genealogy.

>>1344570
I swear if he says "Spiritually alive Christian" I will know that this board has a very small quantity of actual Christposters.
>>
>>1344451
>>1344469

Virgin birth is a complete and utter meme not required of the moshiach Ben david
>>
>>1344570
I am a born again Christian.
>>
>>1344636
Another Bart Ehrman victim.

Look, Mark is John Mark, and the account he wrote came from Peter. An eyewitness.
Matthew and Mark are writing about the same experiences Matthew and Peter had as Jesus' disciples. Ditch this retarded plagiarism bullshit, and while you're at it, ditch the Q hypothesis.

Peter's writings are contested by atheists and fools, and who listens to atheists and fools about the things of God?

John did not write sequentially, nor did he claim to write sequentially. Nor in any of his writings did he claim to do anything other than what he did. If you want chronological, go to Luke.

Paul absolutely claimed to be an eyewitness.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul spent three years in Arabia, likely on Mt. Sinai, talking to Jesus. Hence Paul knowing more about Jesus and the New Covenant than all of the other apostles combined.

James and Jude were brothers of Jesus, and were eyewitnesses to pretty much His entire life.

The claim is He would not speak in His defense, and He did not.

Yes, the Sanhedrin broke dozens of their laws in order to "justify" killing their messiah.

It really doesn't. God can tell you the future just as certainly as He can tell you the past. And does. Especially with Cyrus.

There's nothing about lions; the bulls of Bashon are the Roman guards from the region of Samaria posted in Jerusalem.

I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.
For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced My hands and My feet;
I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.
They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.
>>
>>1344674
>Paul spent three years in Arabia, likely on Mt. Sinai, talking to Jesus. Hence Paul knowing more about Jesus and the New Covenant than all of the other apostles combined.
wut.
>>
>>1344655
Seed of a woman.
From your seed, Eve.
Behold a virgin shall conceive.
How shall I bear a son, as I am a virgin?
>>
>>1344683
Galatians 1 (YLT)
and when God was well pleased -- having separated me from the womb of my mother, and having called [me] through His grace --
to reveal His Son in me, that I might proclaim him good news among the nations, immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood,
nor did I go up to Jerusalem unto those who were apostles before me, but I went away to Arabia, and again returned to Damascus,
then, after three years I went up to Jerusalem to enquire about Peter, and remained with him fifteen days, and other of the apostles I did not see, except James, the brother of the Lord.
>>
>>1344674
>Ditch things with decent evidence because muh Jesus

>Ad hominem will surely vindicate muh Peter

John has anachronisms.

Paul had visions. He never met Jesus.

James and Jude depends on entirely on how you interpret "Brother" in the respective contexts and Jude is double that since he claims to be a brother to James who is claimed by Paul and Josephus to be called a brother to Christ. And Jesus basically disowned his family anyway. And neither of their writings really get into Jesus.

>Would not speak in his defense
Not what the prophecy says
"He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth".

And yet no note is made of these broken laws etc.

>Muh prophecies can be anything

Pierced in Psalm 22 is a translation issue and reads as "Like a lion" depending on the source used for translation. The christian interpretation being derived from the septuagint as opposed to the Masoretic text.
>>
>>1344715
Did anyone mention that Paul was indeed named Shaul and was a jew before "converting" to christianity?
>>
>Paul

Oh boy
>>
>>1344674
>Another Bart Ehrman victim.

Bart Ehrman is largely considered respectable in academia and his conclusions widely accepted. Got some actual academia to refute them?
>>
>>1344683
Ignore the Christcuck, they'll believe anything.
>>
File: jew.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>1344406
>Christianity a farce
>>
>>1344412
>All of the prophecies about the coming messiah are about Jesus.

How are you supposed to have a reasonable discussion with anybody that believe in shit like "prophecy"?

You can't.

That's why you're never going to be able to reason with the majority of religious people, because their belief proves that they are unreasonable.
>>
>>1345368

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Jew religions, and they're all a farce.
>>
>>1345371
This, so much.
>>
>>1345371

The fuckers are actually proud to state that they believe in "prophecy", too, which just goes to show how fucking stupid we really are, as a species.
>>
>>1345381
I really hate this reasoning. Christianity is very obviously Hellenized, and Islam is very obviously Arabic in character. They're all quite different theologically.
>>
>>1345399
Both Christianity and Islam came from the Jew religion, as they all basically recognize the same stupid shit from the Jew torah/old testament, hence, they're all Jew religions, and they should all be purged.
>>
Christfags forcing the NT is exactly the same as the cringeworthy autistic fucks who insist on forcing their fanfictions and OCs.
>>
>>1345407
>>/pol/
>>
>>1347436
>>/facts/
>>
File: >chosen.jpg (121 KB, 1097x552) Image search: [Google]
>chosen.jpg
121 KB, 1097x552
>>1345407
>>
>>1344406
t. Angry Jew
>>
File: The Christ.png (130 KB, 881x703) Image search: [Google]
The Christ.png
130 KB, 881x703
>>
>>1345371
How can you discuss anything with people who don't accept facts unless those facts don't hurt their feelings?
>>
>>1344470
The odds that later Christians scoured the Old Testament and Psalms looking for anything that could be manipulated to vaguely mention Jesus is much more reasonable.
>>
>>1347629
>>1347641
The Jews didn't kill Jesus: in all probability, they clamored for his release.

See, for example, the story of the crowd choosing Barabbas. Barabbas is not - and never has been - a proper Hebrew name: it simply means 'son of the father', bar-Abbas. Furthermore, in some gospels, Jesus is referred to as Yeshua bar-Abbas (Jesus son of the father).

Thus, when the crowd supposedly clamored for Barabbas, they were clamoring for Jesus, as it is quite likely Barabbas was his epiphet.

This idea of Barabbas being a different character from Jesus who was a murdered was likely born from a mistranslation on part of the Greek scribe(s) who transcribed the story: over time, the story grew to accomodate Hellenes and Latins while demonizing the Jews (who never converted to Christianity due to their recognition that Christianity was unable to grasp basic Jewish tenets and as such, was not a continuation of their religion).
>>
>>1347735
They did, and they found hundreds of them.

Written centuries before Jesus' birth.
>>
>>1347778
You're an idiot.

Matthew 27
Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished. 16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas.[c] 17 Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” 18 For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.
>>
>>1347778
Holy fuck.

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A CONTINUATION OF JUDAISM.
>>
>>1347778
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus. 21 The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”

They said, “Barabbas!”

22 Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”

They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!”

Is it fucking obvious yet?
>>
>>1347790
>believing a heavily edited and interpolated source whose clear aim is to force unquestionable faith and prevent criticism or examination

Idiot born of idiots.

>>1347793
I never said Christianity was a continuation of Judaism, and I agree in that both are not 'real'. I was simply arguing from a literary standpoint that shows inconsistencies within the Christian canon.
>>
File: never ends.jpg (132 KB, 750x637) Image search: [Google]
never ends.jpg
132 KB, 750x637
>>1347682
Exactly. That's why it's futile to discuss religion with those that have been indoctrinated into it, as they don't have the ability to distinguish between fact and fiction.
>>
>>1344406
>the New Testament is a Greek fanfiction to the Old Testament
Yeah, so? Neo-platonism is based.
>>
>>1347807
You can't even be consistent within one day.

The bible has been consistent for 3500 years.

You are pathetic.
>>
>>1348257
And here you are, thinking that "God did it" is circular reasoning.

I hate to hurt your feelings, but it's quite linear.

Do you see how idiotic and childish you are?
>>
>two atheism threads on the front page

Where is Constantine when you need her?
>>
File: Laughing_Husbandos.jpg (124 KB, 505x490) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Husbandos.jpg
124 KB, 505x490
>>1348276
>"The bible has been consistent for 3500 years."
>mfw people actually think this
>>
>>1348302
Atheism to Orthodox is a lateral move at best, and might actually make the atheist twice as hard to save.

That whole "join my church! We're the only ones going to heaven!" is apparently pretty persuasive to people who have absolutely no understanding of the bible whatsoever. Or history. Or common sense.
>>
>>1348302
Of being an ineffectual pedant that couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag?
>>
>>1348304

Go ahead and show me an example where it hasn't been consistent, numbnuts.

They dug up a 2000 year old scroll of Isaiah at Qumran and it was 99.8% identical to what we have today.

99.8% identical, over 2000 years, and the differences were spelling variants, idioms and copyist errors, having nothing to do with doctrine whatsoever.

Show me ANY secular manuscript from 2000 years ago with tens of thousands of extant manuscripts that are 99.8% perfectly transmitted other than the bible.

Protip: kill yourself.
>>
I thought that if you learn about history and anthropology you are supposed to be more empathic and less superstitious.
>>
>>1348321
>kill yourself

Very Christian of you.
>>
File: is this guy serious.jpg (53 KB, 860x557) Image search: [Google]
is this guy serious.jpg
53 KB, 860x557
>>1348321
>Go ahead and show me an example where it hasn't been consistent, numbnuts.

There's a thread about this every single day, and it gets pretty tiring having to type out the same thing all those times just because little Christcuck can't get it into his head that his fairy-tales aren't real.
>>
>>1348321
>having nothing to do with doctrine whatsoever.

The only correct line in your dumb post
>>
>>1348333
Non Christian here, I'd be happy to see some.
>>
>>1348321
The "bible" is just slapped together greek texts, the two testament aren't even the same god, some fanfiction author inserted his mary sue character in there (literally the "son" of the main character).
>>
>>1344406
>The New Testament's theology is completely different from the Old Testament of the Hebrews. By reading the NT, one sees the introduction of certain themes that simply aren't found in Judaism, but that are very obviously influenced from Greek mystery rites. The entire concept of a suffering deity, of a deity whose suffering and death 'redeems' the world; the idea of followers mystically sharing in this deity's suffering,
Christ is seen as the personification of Israel in Christianity. A lot OT prophecies which pertain to Christ are about Israel as personified.

>of reaching a pleasant/'good' afterlife by performing proper rites and/or subscribing to a certain deity
The afterlife is explicitly present in the prophets of the OT

> The Orphic rites, the Eleusinian rites, the Attic rites, the cults of Serapis and Dyonisus and Isis.
We hardly know anything at all about these rites. Historians piece together what they might have been by using--wait for it--Christianity as a reference.

>Does Yahweh the war god ever give the impression of being a 'suffering deity'?
YHWH is also the creator God, he's a lot of things. He says in the OT it does not make him happy when the evil die (Ezekiel 33:11)

>Isn't it odd that the New Testament places undue emphasis on an afterlife, yet the Old Testament made no mention of it
The Torah also barely touches on the theology of angels or things like that, the prophets contain most of the elaboration about the workings of heaven and earth and hell (Gehenna), it's no wonder they discuss the afterlife; the afterlife is a product of the NEW covenant, which is first elaborated upon by the prophets; there is no afterlife with the old covenant, except as a promise of the new.++++
>>
>>1348352
Ecclesiastes 12:7, by the way, clearly indicates a spiritual nature of man that doesn't perish.
>>
>>1348280
>not believing in bullshit Jew fairy tales invented thousands of years ago
>idiotic and childish

Choose one.
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 900x900
Why do people put so much time and energy into trying to disprove Christianity but rarely into other religions?
>>
>>1350734
>A cosmic jewish zombie,who is also his own father can make you live forever if you eat his flesh an telepathicly tell him he is your master,so he can remove an evil curse he gave to humanity because a created rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magic tree

and Unicorns
>>
>>1350776
You didn't answer my question though...

Christians believe that if you accept Christ as your savior then you will have eternal life, not sure what you're babbling for
>>
>>1350734
It's a mainstream religion so people actually know about it and because it's western and been mostly dulled down there's less backlash for criticizing it either from SJWs or the religion's supporters themselves.
And because of it's nature it's the kind of religion that might actually get serious attempts to disprove it as opposed to just outright ridicule like mormonism, scientology and other assorted cults.
That doesn't mean there aren't elements that can be easily ridiculed, like creationism, but they aren't nearly as harmful to the religion's credibility.

That's my guess anyway.
>>
>>1350734
because they live in an area where christianity is the relevant religion

next stupid question
>>
>>1350796
Made some apostrophe errors here.
Ignore them.
>>
>>1350798
People mock Christianity all around the world. I don't see Indians trying to disprove Hinduism even though that's their main religion and is also ludicrous

But you still didn't answer my question of why they do it
>>
>>1350804
>I don't see Indians trying to disprove Hinduism

Do you read Hindi? Because there's plenty of them, they just don't bother writing in English since they're talking to other Indians.
>>
>>1347624
>inb4
>"le worshiping a ded kike on a stick" meme
Yeah faggot go back to /pol/
>>
>>1348302
Constantine a grill?
>>
>>1344406
Misconception. The act of apostilization proves that on earth we are saved by man. And in the other regions of existence judged by a creator we call God according to our acts. God in the new testament made himself apparent in the facade of a man. If jews truly did believe God was omnipotent then they would believe Jesus was his son according to the miracles. But it proved something that Egyptians accused the Jews of, atheism. Thats all. For the most part the new testament was a legal book that spurred referendums as to the authenticity of some Jewish movements. The logic is. If im jewish and i believe in one God. Therefore i must believe in miracles exists because the existence of this being is a miracle. Now, if i dont believe in a miracle everyone saw and believe. And i express it. Yet when i gather around in my community and praise a miracle it is because the miracle was the byproduct of terrorist or some matter and what ive been doing is keeping everyone safe within the community.
Then there are the types that believe all the miracles are written in one book. They could have faith but lack the validity of a plausability in their current life.
>>
It's the same slave morality though
>>
>>1351512
Your post is pretty incoherent.
I can't discern the point you're making.

In particular this section:
>Now, if i dont believe in a miracle everyone saw and believe. And i express it.
>Yet when i gather around in my community and praise a miracle it is because the miracle was the byproduct of terrorist or some matter and what ive been doing is keeping everyone safe within the community.

It feels like maybe there's something missing?
>>
>>1350734
If you try to do this in Iran they throw you in prison or off a roof.
>>
>>1351540
Muslims are all over the world though
>>
>>1350734

Dude, they're all bullshit.
>>
>>1352176
That doesn't answer the question though
>>
>>1350865

You seem upset.
>>
>>1350734
Because it's the most familiar one in the English language.
>>
>>1352184

The question is moot.

That's like asking "why do people try to disprove the tooth fairy, but not Santa Claus..."
>>
>>1352197
What does that even mean? The bible is translated into English just like any other work
>>
>>1348329
Another fundamental misunderstanding about what being a Christian is.

You'll learn, when you get cast into a lake of fire, that Jesus is no hippie, and neither are most of His followers.
>>
>>1348333
>>1348339

They've all been debunked. You won't see them.
>>
>>1348343
OT is mostly Hebrew, with a little Aramaic; NT is mostly Greek, a little Hebrew, and less Aramaic.

There is only one God.

There are, however, two covenants between man and God, the first being a spectacular failure, and the second being played out right before your very eyes.
>>
>>1348360
Ecclesiastes.

Literally the one book that says "under the sun" 27 times, to emphasize that it is not talking about the afterlife.

That book, you use to demonstrate the afterlife.

You are truly retarded.
>>
>>1351884
People DO refute Islam. Bring up issues with what Muhammed said and did, the claims of Islam being the oldest religion, the Quran the most perfect book, etc.

It's not as big of a deal here in the western world because, yes while we do have some muslims, we have way more Christians and those Christians have way more influence.

You might see more criticism of Islam if:

1) The countries in which it is the dominant religion were English speaking
2) The countries in which it is dominant didn't fucking kill you for doing so
>>
>>1348462
You've clearly chosen both.
>>
>>1350776
The definition of unicorn changed within the past few centuries; the proper biblical definition is a rhino with one horn; an asian rhino.

An animal you would not hook up to a plow and expect it to work for you.
>>
>>1350785
Technically all human beings have eternal life.

Some spend it in heaven with God, and most spend it in hell alone, and in the dark, and on fire.
>>
>>1352206
Frogposter is on an English language website with a predominantly western userbase, of whom the major influencing religion is Christianity.
It's the most familiar religion to the current audience.
>>
>>1352247
I'm pretty sure parts of Europe is more familiar with Islam by now
>>
>>1352234
>defending lies and ignorance created by people that didn't even know about bacteria and germs in water

Sure, I have pal.
>>
>>1352224
The Old Testament is about the canaanite god Yahweh who eventually gets merged with El.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

The Yeshuah character shows up later as a fan fiction revenge fantasy superhero.
>>
>>1352256
Ok, but Christianity has dominated Western though and philosophical questions for far longer.
>>
>>1352277
You're still doing it
>>
>>1352312
How about you pray to one of your "gods" to make me stop, cupcake?

Surely your powerful "gods" are capable of stopping a shitposter mocking them and their idiotic believers.
>>
>>1352312
Pray harder.

It's not working.
>>
>>1352412
Oh I don't care if you do it or not. You'll do what you will obviously. Just saying you are doing it

>>1352436
What's not working?
>>
File: Tips.jpg (47 KB, 232x352) Image search: [Google]
Tips.jpg
47 KB, 232x352
>>1352467
>What's not working?

Your brain.
>>
>>1352548
How's that?

You were talking about praying for some reason I thought. Why?
>>
>>1352230
>I haven't read the whole thing
>>
>>1344406
Kill yourself
>>
>>1352277
And yet, they washed their hands a lot, and took a lot of baths, at the direction of God.

Completely unnoticed by you.
>>
>>1352280
Fuck you, you piece of trash. Just go fuck yourself and your evil demon gods.
>>
>>1352557
Gee, maybe talk about something in the New Testament to indicate an afterlife?

Like, I don't know, maybe someone's resurrection?

Maybe some sort of revelation?

Dumber. Than. A. Bag. Of. Rocks.
>>
>>1352577
Anon was saying that the Christianity got the after lifetime from Greek mysteries and added it, and that it has nothing to do with Judaism. How would citing the New Testament be helpful here?
>>
>>1352585
I don't have to go home and I love you so much for the next two years of my life and death in my life and death of a lot of fun with the best way to the game and I have to go back to sleep and I don't have to be the best of all the way you are the same time as well as a whole lot better then the other side of my friends and I have to be able to do that to you but I have no idea how I feel so good to see my baby girl I know you have to go back even more than one person who has the best of all the way you are the same time as well as a whole lot better then the other side of my friends and I love everything I need a break from school to be the same time I get to the point of the year of high and low inflation is a good idea to have the same thing over and over again in the morning is the only way to the point of the year of high and low inflation is a good idea to have the
>>
>>1352613
What is love?
>>
>>1352636
Love is a great way to the game with what is the only way to get my hair done and I love the way you want to go home and sleep and I love the way you want everyone else is a very good at the end of the best ever and I don't have to be able to do own the way to get my hair done and the rest of my favorite thing song and it really helps me to get a follow from you would like a good idea to have a great way to the point of view of a sudden I don't think I can be a great way to the point of view of a sudden I don't think I can be a great way to the game with the best i have no idea how I feel up with the same as the best only one that has been the most important thing is a good day at work today was a great day to day I will never understand why I have to go home and sleep all day long but I have no energy and environmental and I love it when you have a lot of fun with the same as the best way to get the best thing about the future is a great way to the point of view of a lot of people are so cute much better then that I don't know how
>>
>>1352573
>at the direction of God.

More like at the direction of the "preachers" who got sick and tired of trying to indoctrinate a bunch of unwashed smelly ass goat herders in the small confines of a "temple".
>>
>>1352636
Baby, don't hurt me.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.