[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About Jesus and Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: jesus.jpg (27 KB, 624x463) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
27 KB, 624x463
Is it true that Jesus intended his message for Jews only, turning away Gentiles?

Is it true that Christianity only became a thing as a result of the Jewish priests resisting Jesus and his believers, forcing his believers to move away and to transfer his message from the Jews to themselves?
>>
>>1344161
>Is it true that Jesus intended his message for Jews only, turning away Gentiles?
He calls gentiles "dogs", but he does help that gentile child.
>>
Christianity only became a thing because Paul came into the picture and appropriated whatever he could and mixed it with a mixture of his delusions and pagan influence.
>>
No, Jesus preached to gentiles, it's just there weren't a ton in Israel. He does go to the area they inhabit though, Gergesa; it should be a dead giveaway when sends the demons into the herd of swine, since Jews didn't keep swine obviously.
>>
>>1344161
No Jesus healed gentiles on multiple occasions and the prophecy of Simeon states that Christ will "be a light to lighten the gentiles" (Lk 2:32)

Here's Jesus blessing a Roman centurion:

5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came and pleaded with Him, 6“Lord, my servant lies at home, paralyzed and in terrible agony.”

7“I will go and heal him,” Jesus replied.

8The centurion answered, “Lord, I am not worthy to have You come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell one to go, and he goes; and another to come, and he comes. I tell my servant to do something, and he does it.”

10When Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those following Him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! As you have believed, so will it be done for you.” And his servant was healed at that very hour.

- Mt 8:5-13

> “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.
>>
>>1344172
this
>>
>>1344161
It is true that Jesus taught the Law to the Jews, who thought they were already following the Law of Moses.

It is not true that Jesus turned away Gentiles. However, until the Jews had rejected their Messiah, and murdered Him, and for 43 days thereafter, they had the opportunity to accept Him as Messiah, and the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth would have started in 32 AD.

And none of us would be alive.

And precious few Gentiles would be in heaven.

Paul revealed that the mystery was to always have salvation offered to the Jew first, and then to everyone else.
>>
>>1344172
Christianity only became a thing when Jesus rose from the dead, Jew.

Thanks for your inheritance by the way. I'm enjoying it immensely.
>>
>>1344161
>Christians answer with biblical stories as if they are reliable accounts of Jesus's interaction with gentiles, rather than ahistorical stories added to appeal to the same people
>>
>>1344312
>Fedoras ignore 99.9% of the evidence in favor of .1% unrelated anecdotes.
>>
http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm
>>
>>1344329
>Christians again proceed to throw the same old ad hominem while claiming that the bible counts as evidence
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.