[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Hinduism have any influence on the Abrahamic religions? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Did Hinduism have any influence on the Abrahamic religions? I'm asking because many mythological elements from Hinduism can be found in the Abrahamic religions (such as the obbsession with the number 12).
>>
>>1342746
Duodecimal system was invented in Sumer and most likely spread from there.
>>
>>1342771
Could the obsession with the number 12 come from the Summerian astronomical callendar? It had 12 months.
>>
>>1342799
>Could the obsession with the number 12 come from the Summerian astronomical callendar?
That sounds stupid

>Could their astronomical calendar come from the obsession with the number 12
That sounds less stupid
>>
>>1342807
Read the post in its context.

What is meant is:
Could the obsession with the number 12 [in the Abrahamic and Hindu religion] come from the Summerian astronomical calendar?

It's a fair point to make, since Summerians ascribed a divine meaning to their astronomy.
>>
>>1342822
The number 12 derives from the 12 non-sidereal Zodiac signs. These are, of course, important to a huge number of world religions because they're incredibly important for early agricultural people to measure the time before an equinox, the gradual shift in seasons, and timekeeping in general. They often coincide with swastikas, or solar wheels.

Alchemical precursors to the modern hard sciences of chemistry, endocrinology, psychology, and biology like ayurveda/humour school/traditional chinese medicine ultimate derive from this form of astrotheology as well, which you might note by the broad parallels in "elements" and crude approximations of health, nutrition, and bodily systems prior to the advent of germ theory and the microscope.
>>
Numerology thread?
>>
File: precesion01.jpg (103 KB, 495x606) Image search: [Google]
precesion01.jpg
103 KB, 495x606
>>1343464
Who /purana/ here
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.