[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunnic Invasions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: huns.jpg (150 KB, 624x521) Image search: [Google]
huns.jpg
150 KB, 624x521
Indian here

I just realized that both India and Western Europe suffered invasions from the Huns which devastated both areas and contributed to the fall of the regional empires (Gupta & Western Roman Empire). One trend I noticed was that Indian economy went into a severe decline after the Hunnic invasions and that the economic decline lasted until independence. So my question was, why Europe recovered from the Hunnic invasions whereas India went into a economic decline.
>>
Seems like Huns really shat on India
>>
Reduced contact with world, Muslims, then Brits.

First point, the buddhist centers served as meeting points between civilizations across. They included trade of material goods and wealth of knowledge and culture. Once that declined they were cut off. Second roman empire trade was cut off after the fall of the empire. The Byzantines are not roman. Two major source dried and you're left stranded.

Second, Muslims taxed Hindus and became wealthy. The wealth wasn't distributed properly back into the society. Thus adding to the stagnation.
Third British. Their resource extraction harmed India greatly and the massive famines following their rule.
>>
>>1341500

lack of loos in which to poo

toilet witch hunts

unironic caste systems limiting social flexibility

etc
>>
>>1341500
The Hepthalites weren't the same as the Huns that overran Eastern Europe.

They were just called Huns because it was like the term "Scythian" or "Tartar" at the time: bow-twaning horsenigger nomads.
>>
File: 1453835790001.png (111 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1453835790001.png
111 KB, 453x599
>>1341503
>>
>>1341500
The White Huns weren't the same as the Huns that attacked Rome as this guy said>>1343325
>>
>>1341500
both went into decline and both took centuries to recover, don't believe "dark ages weren't so dark" meme
>>
>>1341542
Source on your Buddhist Centers' claim?
>>
>>1341555
But europe had an unironic caste system too with serfs, a land-steward warrior caste, the aristocracy that doles it out to them, and the big guy on top.

Then the land-steward warrior caste was merged with the peasants but I wouldn't call that flexiblity. More a restructuring.
>>
>>1343561
It's not as bad as the Hindu one since the religious ordainment of is class freeze tier.
>>
>>1343561
Anyone could be a priest or monk
>>
>>1341500
I think it was already mentioned, but no, the hephtalite huns had no relationship with the huns of Attila apart from being steppe confederations. Hephtalites were probably east iranic like the previous nomads who also conquered parts of India. We don't know well what the huns of Attila were, the lingua franca of the "empire" was germanic but we know very little about the rulers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.