[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 13.jpg (28 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
28 KB, 289x289
>>
There's literally nothing ambiguous about it, and I agree. There is no power on Earth that has acted more responsibly than the United States in the role of being the greatest power.
>>
File: libya-before-and-after-1.jpg (518 KB, 900x640) Image search: [Google]
libya-before-and-after-1.jpg
518 KB, 900x640
>>1339473
>There is no power on Earth that has acted more responsibly than the United States in the role of being the greatest power.
>>
>>1339464
He's a cuck.
>>
>>1339492
>le Gaddafi was a good boy maymay

Tell us how great the Shah was next
>>
>>1339501
A bad peace is better than a good war.
Except the war in Libya wasn't good either.
>>
>>1339464
They didn't call USSR "world's biggest prison" for no reason.

Solzhenitsyn is still a fuckhead, though.
>>
>>1339513
>A bad peace is better than a good war.
I'll take "Things retards say" for $1000 Alex
>>
>>1339473
Worst post of 2016
>>
The world is imperfect and you have to make trade-offs, so an ostensibly democratic state like the US, though flawed, is much more preferable to a totalitarian state like the Soviet Union.
>>
>>1339498
Do you know who he is? He was cuck'd by the soviet union so he went on a countercucking campaign and was effectively uncucked when he witnessed the soviet union crumble and his life's dream accomplished.
>>
>>1339538
>Later on manage to recuck himself with "muh special Russian way"

Solzhenitsyn is a type of very annoying Russian intellectuals who see themselves as democratic and progressive but are little different from your average Russian Black-Hundreds in practice.
>>
>>1339521
Why is he a fuckhead?
>>
>>1339582
Because this >>1339548
>>
>>1339492
>not knowing history
>not knowing the bar as world geopolitical monopole was set very low
I suppose the Brits were the best even with the genocides before America took the reigns, so I guess it has more to do with the era. Brutality becomes less necessary as time goes on, generally speaking.
>>
>>1339492
Nice /pol/-tier infographic, loser.

>>1339530
t. Saltiest faggot of 2016

I'm detecting a high amount of buttmad third-worlders in this thread. Stay jealous.
>>
>>1339473
because there has never been the "greatest power" before. well, the british empire maybe. but that's just maybe.
>>
>>1339464
> What did some twat meant by being twat?
Nothing. Solzhenitsyn was a twat. That's all there is to it.

>>1339538
> so he went on a countercucking campaign
He wanted to avoid being shot for desertion during WWII. That was his Heroic Sacrfice for FREEDUMB: get several years of exile political prisoners were getting instead of actually going to war.

And then he proceeded to write some bullshit stories about Soviet Deathcamps. His life was literally saved in those "gulags": he got diagnozed with cancer early enough to get him cured. That was early 1950s, kids. How many prisons got regular medical checkups and sufficiently competent medicine. But what did he write about? He wrote about three soldiers executing two hundred prisoners by making a campfire and ordering prisoners to jump in there and burn to death. Why? Because Khruschev wanted to justify his anti-Stalinist purges with some bullshit stories about Evil Stalin.

This is how the Glorious Writer was born. When Khruschev got deposed, the poor Solzhenitsyn lost favor of the Party and USSR immediately became The Biggest Prison.

When that twat got kicked out of USSR, he started literally campaigning for nuking USSR off the face of the planet. The twat was supporting and promoting killing hundreds of millions of people, because he was no longer living there and there were money to be made on anti-Soviet propaganda.

Don't get me wrong: anyone can hate USSR. But Solzhenitsyn is a twat, and that is all there is to it.
>>
>>1339742
>Solzhenitsyn
All of that tripe is contradicted by the Wiki article on the great writer. The nonsense is too deep and varied to go into here; just read what the Wiki has to say.
>>
>>1339524
Lol go fight for the kurds then mr ideologoy. Pretty good war if you'd ask me.

>>1339651
Honestly Britain was a much better policeman in its heyday than America was. Britain only fought sparingly with France outside of the continental theater in conflicts like the 7 years war. America sends troops, weapons, and bombshells into territory at first notice that our deterrence policy isn't working 100% right.

Britain managed her own colonial empire, but while doing so managed to shut down arabic slavery in the indian ocean. America shills out its labor needs to countries where there is no oversight on labor conditions. America will ruin a country just to make sure its neighbor can't project power into it.

Britain founded south Africa. America founded Liberia. Seeing a pattern here?
>>
>>1340132
>Honestly Britain was a much better policeman in its heyday than America was. Britain only fought sparingly with France outside of the continental theater in conflicts like the 7 years war.

Hahaha, I hope you don't seriously believe this crap.

>Britain managed her own colonial empire, but while doing so managed to shut down arabic slavery in the indian ocean

Britain also conscripted millions of these countries inhabitants to fight and die in her wars
>Britain founded south Africa. America founded Liberia.
They're both pretty god awful
>>
>>1339532
Wasn't the Soviet Union "ostensibly democratic" as well?
>>
>>1340132
>Honestly Britain was a much better policeman in its heyday than America was.
Not counting the genociding of course.
>>
>>1340165

South Africa was a first world country until niggers.

Literally. Mandela, may he be prolapsed in hell forever, drove out the competent people in charge of the infrastructure.
>>
>>1339464
The United States is both the world's policeman and its jailer, the two are not mutually exclusive. They are associated.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>1340887

America is Judge Judy and Executioner.
>>
>>1339473
And none has been worse either.
>>
>>1340944
And it's always been a kangaroo court.
>>
>>1339651
Fuck you, we needed Lybia.
Now were being flooded by niggers.

Besides that, arabs need their totalitarian dictators, its either that or theocracy/endless wartorn hellholes like Lybia now or Afghanistan.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.