[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greek Homosexuality/Pederasty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Greek-Vase.jpg (42 KB, 282x242) Image search: [Google]
Greek-Vase.jpg
42 KB, 282x242
>The Classical Greeks were a society of homosexuals
>The Classical Greeks were a society of pederasts

How true are the above statements?

Are they firmly grounded in fact, or are they primarily a product of smears by later conquerors?

Or is it just our modern prudishness that magnifies something which wasn't a big deal or particularly significant back then, and so shouldn't be now?
>>
>>1339139

Not doing your homework for you.
>>
Basically in Ancient Greece is was seen as strange to walk in public with a women but a young male was a status symbol, whist may believe the relationship was homosexual in truth it was more a business arrangement with the young male mingling with the upper classes and the older male being seen as strong and rich
>>
File: 1454853452271.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1454853452271.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>1339152
Apollo Akbar :^)
>>
File: mosteducatedliberal.jpg (274 KB, 1184x1338) Image search: [Google]
mosteducatedliberal.jpg
274 KB, 1184x1338
>>1339139
>>
>>1339158

Isn't Saudi fag central?

Send a bunch of our patriotic AIDS fags over there as trojan horses. That would solve a few problems.
>>
In ancient greece it wasn't the matter of being a "homosexual". You just fucked boys in the ass. You could mire a hot male body without being arranged into a particular group or have an epithet thrown at you, it was just like eating meat in our time. Most people eat meat but we don't go around calling ourselves carnivores. You don't hear "Oh, you're a carnivore? I'm a carnivore myself also, i sure do love eating meat." It wasn't homo it was just boy love and they didn't care that much about it. In the modern day, in our culture, we can see with pedophiles for example how they are treated like the ultimate heretics who deserve most gruesome torture. This isn't really the case in most cultures.
>>
>>1339171
>Isn't Saudi fag central?
No. Homosexuality is a death sentence there.

You may be thinking of Iran (also a death sentence, but it's easier to get away with stuff than Saudi) and this clip is from Afghanistan.
>>
On the subject, do you think Socrates ever buttfucked Plato?
>>
File: 1467089010166.png (73 KB, 1545x422) Image search: [Google]
1467089010166.png
73 KB, 1545x422
>>1341586
>Socrates
>ever existing
Do you even know what a construct is?
>>
>>1339184
Iran's punishment for sodomy is lashes, forgot how many. Generally not even enforced
>>
>>1339152
really what was a life for a female in Athens like?
>>
>>1342454
fuck, this is marvelous
>>
>>1342462
>lashes
>not even enforced
>>
>>1339158
I'm in public, somebody explain
>>
degenerate piece of shit smegma lovers scum those greeks suck
>>
>>1339171
Gonna posit a guess that boyfucking might be a release in a society that is restrictive of heterosexual relationships.

Catholic priests can't marry or fuck, after all. What's not to say that the less scrupulous ones sneak release out of choir boys because they can't crush pussy?
>>
>>1342454
interesting pic, this thread is talking too much about boyfucking and letting general assfucking out of the discussion. I remember reading in a book that gay sex was the ultimate form of intimacy and brotherhood men could achieve. If I remember correctly pederasty was more a form of teacher-pupil relationship than strictly sexual. I think this is said in the symposium?
>>
>>1339171
its pakistan.
>>
>>1339152
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't women forbidden to walk freely the agora?
>>
>>1343126
Not always, it was ok durning fests for women and at some time when they were with a male relative.
But remember life was fucked up back then. You could be 40 have a wife and children who were almost adult[as in 18+, but not have gone through the obligatory 2 year military service] AND your father who was under 60 could still sell you as slave. It was only after he reached 60 years, or you were holding a goverment position, this was no longer possible to happen.
>>
It was more like prison culture.
A hole is a hole, and you can fuck anyone you want(for pleasure or to dominate him), but if you are the one that took it up the ass, everyone will mock you and consider you a bitch.
>>
>>1343150
No it was not. The fucked one couldn't get hard, or be too old. Sex between two grown man was seen as unnatural, among anyone other then the spartans. It was also not just fucking, the older dude was expected to not just fuck the boy. He was suppose to teach him stuff about culture, politics and stuff. And mostly aristocrats did it. Remember slaves were cheap back then,although their upkeep was not, even smaller house holds had a female one, and those were fucked often the wife and the husband. Not at the same time of course.
>>
>>1343143
It's also interesting how this has affected their architecture. The houses in Olynthus were very isolated from the outside world by tall walls and once a visitor entered, walking straight through the peristyle yard, they found themselves in the andron. This way the outsiders had minimum contact with the female members of the household.
>>
>>1339184
Just because it's "illegal" doesn't many no one does it. In such a repressed culture - Saudi Arabia- where you can't even see a woman's face, the only way to get laid or "relieve" yourself is by fucking a male.
>>
>>1339139
Does societies where homosexuality was encouraged by the elite prove that humanity is inherently bisexual?

Seems hard to believe that among the rich so many would fuck men when supposedly only 10% should have been interested in gay sex.
>>
>>1343164
>fucking your wife is a duty
>fucking prostitutes is dishonourable
>women aren't allowed outside their homes much

Is it any wonder Greek men turned to younger men?
>>
>>1343164
Bisexual? No, as in these cases the men they seek out are as feminine as possible, demonstrating inherent heterosexuality.
>>
File: oldsalt.jpg (28 KB, 278x360) Image search: [Google]
oldsalt.jpg
28 KB, 278x360
>>1343163
>Saudi Arabia- where you can't even see a woman's face, the only way to get laid or "relieve" yourself is by fucking a male.

whatever you have to tell yourself to get the night, Cowboy
>>
File: tumblr_laav2qC9N01qcmed9o1_1280.jpg (350 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_laav2qC9N01qcmed9o1_1280.jpg
350 KB, 1024x683
>>1342797
It's a video of a Pakistani talking about why boys are better than women and he talks about participating in a gangbang involving a boy in a bus.

Pederasty is popular in north Pakistan and also widely practised throughout Afghanistan.
>>
>>1339139
>How true are the above statements?

Pederasty in ancient Greece was non sexual, it was a kind of education. Homosex was abhorred by the Greeks, and indulging in it would get you banished from your city.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.