[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the Archaeological evidence for Hannibals crossing of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: elephant hunting.gif (3 MB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
elephant hunting.gif
3 MB, 565x318
Where is the Archaeological evidence for Hannibals crossing of the alps?

I'm not saying it didn't happen at all, but he lost about 32 elephants up there and 25,000~ men. Should there not be a shit load of skeletons and equipment, especially since it would be preserved in the icy conditions.

I know we do not know his exact rout over the alps but i'd have thought with the amount of tourists it gets we'd have found something by now. We found Otzi the iceman for example.
>>
It took a long time to find the iceman. It could take a long time to find the elephants. Or, they ate them.
>>
There is none because it's a bunch of nigger fairy tales. Do you honestly think a nig on a elephant could outsmart a Roman general on their home turf?
>>
>>1338942
If this post is legit it must be a /pol/tard who has somehow fallen for Afrocentric propaganda.
>>
>>1338946
Do you have any proof that Hannibal was black cuck?
>>
>>1338953
No, I just said the exact opposite, nice reading skills.
>>
File: 1463415830811.jpg (13 KB, 299x200) Image search: [Google]
1463415830811.jpg
13 KB, 299x200
>>1338940
they claim that he managed crossing without losing a single elephant
>>
>>1338956
It's OK cuck I know it's hurts you to admit that niggers aren't very smart and could never pull of anything like the Hannibal fable.
>>
>>1338967
fuck off, Hannibal was Phoenician. He would have looked middle eastern, not black
>>
>>1338919
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/arcm.12228/abstract
>>
Carthaginian elephants can't cross Alpine mountains
>>
>>1338961
Who is they?
Because the sources I read have him losing elephants to drowning and frost.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.