[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monks were very important in the Middle Ages, but what do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tintern10.jpg (558 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tintern10.jpg
558 KB, 1024x768
Monks were very important in the Middle Ages, but what do they do nowadays?
>>
>>1337702
They're like church-sponsored NEETs. Truly a blessed existence.
>>
>>1337702
Doing meditation and "self-help" courses for rich white people lost in the world.
No, seriously, all the monasteries in my state I know of are very heavilly in all that crap. Okaaayyy, maybe monks did that stuff all the time in the Middle Ages, too. But it´s always so New Wave-y.
I don´t like the way things went, honestly.
>>
File: o-DEFAULT-900.jpg (297 KB, 900x929) Image search: [Google]
o-DEFAULT-900.jpg
297 KB, 900x929
>>1337702
Pray and work.
>>
They spread the faith, they minister to the sick and the downtrodden, if they are also priests they administer the Sacraments and hold Mass.

Monks are great. They are the zealous soldiers of the Church. I've been privileged to be around Capuchins, Dominicans, and Franciscans, and they are a delightful bunch.
>>
>>1337702
Brew beer.
>>
>>1337930
Wish there was some kind of secular monastery desu
>>
>>1338027
>New Wave-y.
are the monks in a talking heads cover band?
>>
>>1338041
I wouldn't mind chilling out with some monks. I imagine it could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>1338700
Wasn't there that Italian monk who performed in a screamo band in his free time a few years back?
I think he renounced it though, said it was Satanic or something.
>>
>>1338694
>secular
>monastery
>>
File: homoa kuin helvetti.jpg (41 KB, 314x235) Image search: [Google]
homoa kuin helvetti.jpg
41 KB, 314x235
>>1338972
>>
>>1337702
post on the chans
hey we are the monks
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.