[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ can fuck themselves. I'll ask /his/. Is this worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
/tv/ can fuck themselves.
I'll ask /his/.
Is this worth watching?
Will it make me sperg out over inaccuracies?
>>
I think it's a brilliant show, I've never actually come across someone saying something bad about it. I love James Purefoy in anything but Titus is the real reason to watch.

Spartacus is better for the husbandos of course.
>>
>>1337658
I'm tired of the Spartacus story
>>
>>1337658
>husbandos

Wrong board faggot.
>>
File: TitusandLuciusbros4lyfe.gif (97 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
TitusandLuciusbros4lyfe.gif
97 KB, 600x399
from a purely /his/ perspective it's bad. It was going to have 6 series but was condensed into 2 which distorts any history. If you use it as overview of Roman history it's very inaccurate.

But from a non /his/ perspective it's very entertaining. It was very well cast, I loved their Antony and Caesar.
>>
>>1337663
Stop projecting pussy.
>>
>>1337651
The goal was authenticity rather than accuracy. Make of that what you will
>>
>>1337776
It was condensed into two due to a set burning down, and the show being incredibly expensive to produce.
>>
>>1337924
True, but it still meant the story was distorted all to hell
>>
>>1337658
Spartacus blows dick after the 1st season and the prequel season.
>>
>>1337776
> from a purely /his/ perspective it's bad.

This is false; there has never been a more accurate recreation of the city of Rome. Period. The temples and streets aren't shiny white marble; the city looks and feels like the 1st century BC. And yes, I know it looked a lot different after Augustus but Rome still didn't look like a glistening marble paradise.

The story of Rome is true to the events of the late Republican civil wars. The show totally invents the character of Atia; it fabricates her relationship with Mark Antony among other things. The show fabricates a good deal of the interpersonal relationships between major figures but its not stretching things too far.

So no, the show is far from 100% accurate. But it covers the main events well enough, but more than that, it really captures the spirit of it all so well. No other piece of media has explored the life of Romans at every class level like this show.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.