[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is all sexism wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: down with sexism.jpg (594 KB, 708x6382) Image search: [Google]
down with sexism.jpg
594 KB, 708x6382
Is all sexism wrong?
>>
Depends on the definition of sexism. There are some strains of feminism, particularly those prominent in the media today and related to radical and queer theory, that argue that the maintenance of the concept of gender /gender norms is inherently sexist, as it ensures a dichotomy which is used to maintain patriarchy through "masculine" norms of control and domination. These theories often cast masculinity as a strategy for maintaining male dominance. Thus, the very idea of masculinity is inherently linked with the existence of sexism. Personally, I find this definition of sexism to be really harmful, as it gives men and women, even avowed femininists, carte blanche to attack typical male insecurities while at the same time arguing that a woman suffering distress based on female insecurities is a mark of patriarchal oppression. Given that we really do not know to what extent male and female behavior is innate, it seems equally wrong to attempt to destroy any concept of gender norms because "it's just a social construct" as it is to force women into childbirth because "it's natural for women to be mothers." If your definition of sexism assume that gender itself is sexist, then no, I wouldn't say all sexism is wrong.
>>
File: enhanced-6034-1414071558-1.jpg (123 KB, 570x1284) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-6034-1414071558-1.jpg
123 KB, 570x1284
>>
File: enhanced-23442-1414071624-4.jpg (116 KB, 570x1284) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-23442-1414071624-4.jpg
116 KB, 570x1284
>>
File: enhanced-10711-1414071634-8.jpg (118 KB, 570x1284) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10711-1414071634-8.jpg
118 KB, 570x1284
>>
File: enhanced-9898-1414071645-7.jpg (82 KB, 570x975) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-9898-1414071645-7.jpg
82 KB, 570x975
>>
>>1372432
OH MY GOD THANK YOU.

Nothing has frustrated me more than seeing this unfold and you so succinctly put it words as for the why. The fact that gender theory is the crux of the popularized debate is abhorrent. The lack of evidence is implicit in the title - "THEORY."

Plus it frames masculinity as wrong in a double bound fashion and creates a circular argument.

>women are oppressed because of masculinity.
>men are insecure because of masculinity.

The ideology gets cherry picked by normal girls and makes for laughable western women who don't understand the ridiculous nuances of feminist theory and just prop themselves up as a victim without merit.
>>
>>1372432
Nigga take a breath
>>
>>1372432
>>1372473

Wow it's almost like academia pushes revolutionary ideologies designed to destabilize the status quo. I wonder who could be behind this?
>>
>>1372474
Lel I was on a roll there. Sorry, should have had more paragraphs.
>>
>>1372505
The jews?
>>
>>1372526
>Gloria Steinem - Jew
>Andrea Dworkin - Jew
>Gertrude Stein - Jew
>Betty Freidan - Jew
>Susan Sontag - Jew

You tell me anon. You tell me...
>>
>>1372576
I see now.

So arguing is a fools errand with a lukewarm feminist. If they're carrying the banner of feminism their plan is working.

How do you uproot the cancer considering this?
>>
File: IMG_3282.jpg (4 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3282.jpg
4 KB, 107x125
>>1372432
Based. That was extremely well put anon, I'm going to save this for later.

>>1372505
((()))
>>
>>1372582
Yes arguing with females is a fool's errand in general. The most effective strategy is to focus on becoming the best man you can be because the irony is that even the most diehard feminist will instinctively demure when confronted by a strong man. Feminism is popular today because most men are emasculated.
>>
>>1372505
>he fell for the academia meme
>he doesn't realize that academics are following student radicalism rather than behind it
>>
>>1372655
>Yes of course! The students are actually teaching the teachers! Those poor professors being ruthlessly manipulated by the conniving undergrads!

Shill harder.
>>
No. Anal-sexism is very right.
>>
>>1372639
I did that for a while, got good returns with being a better man.

But found myself close to a "feminist" now and its grating on my soul.
>>
>>1372732
The best way to confront a feminist is with the Socratic Method. Just keep asking her questions about views. Because feminist views are fucking crazy, eventually you'll catch her contradicting herself. The important thing is to not really state your views on things, otherwise she'll probably just write you off as part of the 'patriarchy' or whatever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.