[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of this unsung hero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: COLA.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
COLA.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
What does /his/ think of this unsung hero?
>>
Cola is pretty tasty, he's a good guy for inventing it.
>>
>>1336171
who dat
>>
>>1336474
Cola Di Rienzo
>>
>>1336171
>Cola Di Rienzo
A populist Roman restorationists and an inspiration for Hitler. Hitler is said to have left the opera after seeing Wagner's Rienzi, saying something to the effect of: "this is it" or "this is me". See the documentary Architecture of Destruction.

Similarities between him and Hitler: Cola fought against the oligarchs of his day; Hilter fought against the world Jewry and the international elites. Both were of humble origin, saw a meteoric rise to power and had a short reign, followed by a tragic death. Both were misunderstood by the very people they tried to defend. Both are, as OP said, undung heroes (Cola not so much, as there is an opera by Wagner about him. Hitler? We'll have to wait a few hundred years before that can happen.)
>>
>>1336837
unsung*
>>
>>1336837
I always think it's interesting how vilified Hitler is nowadays, but how in a few hundred years he'll be seen in the same light as someone like Napoleon.
>>
>>1336849
Was Hitler the failed Muhammed of Europe?
>>
>>1336866
I don't think so. Muhammad was a warlord who basically wrote down how he thought the world worked and said "this is exactly how things are, interpret it literally". If everyone in the world just decided to follow his religion, that'd be it. Hitler on the other hand wasn't just concerned with having people follow him, he was concerned with their blood too.
>>
>>1337054
Well, comparing both of them in every detail of course yields different results, with muhhamed being more of a theocrat and hitler being more of a racist.

Still, both coming from rather simple backgrounds but being charismatic leaders with a strong personality cult bursting forth from a period of uncertainity and change for their people, wanting to subjugate huge swathes of land under a unifying rigid ideal, be it arab culture and religion, or german totalitarianism and race based worldview, wanting to settle and assimilate other cultures in their image seems to be quiet similar.
>>
Just read about him.
Besides his vanity and taking it to fast with the italian unification, he seems to be quiet based.
>>
>>1336837
>Architecture of Destruction
Architecture of Doom, you mean.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.