[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anglo-Saxon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Anglo.Saxon.migration.5th.cen.jpg (875 KB, 1800x1703) Image search: [Google]
Anglo.Saxon.migration.5th.cen.jpg
875 KB, 1800x1703
What did the native people of the British Isles look like before becoming Anglo-Saxons?

Are there any paintings or writings about the people? I've never heard much about them so any information you have is appreciated.
>>
>>1336120
They were black.
>>
>>1336120

>Britons were native to the British Isles

BEAKER FOLK
>>
>>1336129
Sorry, I'm a biology major. I don't know anything about history
>>
>>1336120

According to the studies of guys like Bryan Sykes, the bulk of the genetic imprint in the British isles was from pre-celtic peoples arriving in the stone age.

I.E. Ancient british people looked a lot like modern British people, and even the Celtic genetic contribution, never mind the Anglo-Saxon one, were pretty small. (Although, to be honest, there are enclaves of both with remarkable genetic purity. IIRC, the biggest Anglo-Saxon impacts are in that east of London area, as well as up around York.)
>>
>>1336125

WE
>>
>>1336136

Thank you
>>
>>1336136
He's completely wrong. Modern day Brits are only ~10% related to the stone age Brits
>>
File: 1466598099237.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1466598099237.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>1336152
>More than half of the DNA from the Stoneage
>Only 10% is related to stone age Britts
You know the "Neophilic" counts as a part of the stone age?
>>
>>1336173
Meant "Neolithic" not Neophilic.
>>
File: briton.jpg (135 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
briton.jpg
135 KB, 500x362
>>
>>1336152
What is early Neolithic here, the early farmers who came from the Middle East?
>>
>>1336120
>Britain is part of Rome
>Rome starts letting in pagan barbarians to bolster the army and population
>many of them settle in Britain
>Roman legions withdraw, putting the interests of the central Roman government above those of Britain
>Britons leave Rome, attempt to fight immigrants
>a British leader invites more pagan immigrants to gain political support
>they take over, conquering the Christians and creating pagan kingdoms
History repeats itself.
>>
>>1336120
Probably not a whole lot different to now. Shorter (depending on diet/lifestyle), just as pale, probably more dark-haired overall though.
>>
>>1337324

neolithic is the farmers from the middle east (anatolia and the caucasus mountains) who introduced agriculture intro europe

western european hunter gatherer is the true native western european

yamnaya is the horse domesticating horse rider from the steppes of russia, uzbekistan and ukrayne who introduced indo european languages into europe, what nazis call Aryans.

sardinians are almost pure neolithic farmers, and the most unique european population.
>>
>>1337563
I forgot to mention

we nowadays have a good idea of the chronology of this, because we have studied human remains from many different ages.
we can compare a spaniard from 10.000 years ago to a spaniard from 5000 years ago and see how different they are.

if any of you are interested in this, this blog is very scientific and great

http://eurogenes.blogspot.com.ar/

and pure europeans dont exist, all europeans have admixture from the neolithic farmers, and the eastern russian steppe indoeuropeans (those original indoeuropeans appear as a mixture of eastern european hunter gatherer and some population from the north caucasus)

they compare the results given by a spanish
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.