[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw Oogaboog thinks farming is the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: smug caveman.jpg (5 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
smug caveman.jpg
5 KB, 225x224
>mfw Oogaboog thinks farming is the future
>>
>>1334966
>mfw somebody cooks meat before eating it
>>
>someone pens the hog instead of just eating it.
Seriously they say you need less energy for hunting them, but now you have to gather stuff like berrypicking women to feed them because they cant roam!
>>
In the Bible Yahweh disliked the sacrifice of grains made by Cain and liked the sacrifice of meat done by Abel. This tale preserves the ancient conflict between sedentary and nomadic peoples, the Hebrews or Habiru (sandniggerish raiders) being nomadic for a long time before settling down, and resentign their wealthier sedentary neighbors. Hence the bble takes the side of Abel and says that Yahweh "hated" Cain. Later on the the Habiru settled down in the ruins of the Bronze Age-collapsed Canaanites and forgot about the original meaning of the story.
>>
File: 1461755076843.jpg (277 KB, 1024x807) Image search: [Google]
1461755076843.jpg
277 KB, 1024x807
>>1335080
>d nomadic peoples, the Hebrews or Habiru (sandniggerish raiders) being nomadic for a long time before settling down, and resentign their wealthier sedentary neighbors. Hence the bble takes the side of Abel and says that Yahweh "hated" Cain. Later on the the Habiru settled down in the ruins of the Bronze Age-collapsed Canaanites and forgot about the original meaning of the story.

Interdasting theory.
>sandniggerish
Tainted by your own biases to be sure, but interesting nonetheless
>>
File: feels.jpg (39 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
39 KB, 500x521
>>1335106
>tfw you will never be able to talk or listen to stories friom an old civil war veteran
>>
>>1335174
Yeah I love that pic.
I can't envy those kids too hard though.

You gotta realize most of those kids likely grew up during the depression to be booze-chugging, cig-smoking day laborers who worked dangerous jobs and probably died in their 50s of cancer, pissed off at their hippie kids. Gotta take the good with the bad.
>>
>>1335080
Is Cain murdering Abel supposed to represent the power of agriculturalists?
>>
>>1335184
Nomads weren't the only ones raiding and attacking. Settled nations often perpetrated punitive attacks against nomadic/pastoralist peoples. More often than not the nomads/pastoralists probably "deserved" it but this story is being told by them so it shows the agriculturalist as evil and ruthless and envy is choosen as the justification (always better than vengeance if the victim is supposed to be innocent).
>>
>>1335184
more like the butthurt of agriculturalists
>>
>>1335106
>biases
>Be king of a small citystate somewhere in the levant
>Harvest could be better but your people can survive
>Enemys are holding still, the last war over some patch of fertile land didnt go well for both sides.
>Things are looking not bleak tho, youre recovering and constructions of the temple for Baal'mogh will be finished in a year.
>Suddenly a large band of foreigners.
>Zealous foreigners calling themselves Israelites, coming in great numbers with their kids and women, surviving from hand to mouth.
>Say the LORD commanded them to tresspass in search of the promised land.
>Say the LORD is better then your Baals.
>You aint gonna let them settle here
>They agree to pass through but proclaim all your grains and lifestock to be theirs because they are hungry and have travelled far.
>Fight ensues you get rekt, another civilisation bites the dust due to malnutrition

And thats why you have boases against zealous hordes of sandniggerish gypsie roamers.
>>
>>1335180
Cancer wasn't that prevalent as a cause of death by then was it? I thought that more people in America die of cancer nowadays because life expectancy has increased.
>>
>>1335180
No, they likely would have fought during WWI or the Spanish American War depending on when the picture was taken, but likely WWI.
>>
>>1335080
whoa there, Habiru is a false cognate with Hebrew
>>
>>1335311
It was taken during the 20s. The civil war veteran is 80-90 years old. WWI and Spanish American war had already passed.
>>
>>1335311
There is a motorized vehicle in the background. Circa 20s.
>>
>>1335205
I know. That's what I am saying. I'm wondering if Cain murdering Abel represents the strength of agriculturalists. The pastoralists are the ones who feel vulnerable because it's the agriculturalists who have the best weapons and largest armies.
>>
>>1335311
>>1335354
>>1335355

I just looked it up. It's surprisingly even later ~ 1935.

One has to wonder if that Civil War Vet fought underaged, as many did. Even in the Korean War young men got away with lying their age.
>>
>>1335359
Boys and teens fighting in wars wasn't that uncommon before 20th century
>>
>>1335080
Actually I believe it's cause Abel sacrificed his most important lamb while Cain just sacrificed for the sake of sacrifice
>>
>>1335359
if he had been 18 at the start of the war he'd be 92 in that pic. so it's quite plausible, though he looks pretty healthy for a 92 year old. so id think more likely he fought later on in the war or joined underage.

either way, there's still a ~70-75 year gap between the war and that picture, so it's the equivalent of us talking to an old WWII vet
>>
>>1334966
I'm sure a lot of stormfags and nationalists think this is funny without realising it's about them
>>
File: file.png (64 KB, 198x221) Image search: [Google]
file.png
64 KB, 198x221
>>1335488
>entire thread is people cracking jokes, talking about the bible or old times
>some random autist spergs out about "MUH STORMFAGS"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.