[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
khalid ibn al-walid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: khalid ibn el walid.jpg (59 KB, 754x960) Image search: [Google]
khalid ibn el walid.jpg
59 KB, 754x960
what do u guys think of him ?
>>
>>1333525
What a fucking nut job. He had made a pledge to God that he would make a river of blood from the Persian army if he overran it. When he could not find enough people to make a river out of their blood after he defeated them, he killed the captives and opened a dam into their bleeding bodies.

Mental illness isn't contagious. Religion is.
>>
Underrated general

Never lost a single battle or duel, even with the odds stacked against him
>>
>>1333525
Honestly, a lot of the reason Islam spread as it did. Guy was a menace.
>>
>>1333587
source ?
>>
>>1333593
I thought he lost one of the skirmishes against Muhammad's forces back before he joined up with them.
>>
>>1333600
no he never lost a single battle
>>
>>1333595
>he says while wanking to Temujin, Caesar, Alexander, Napoleon, and Himmler
>>
>>1333525
An opportunist guy, I think a lot of the early "fitna" between the muslims was due to -those who followed mohammad in bad and good -those who switched sides when tides were pro muslim

I wonder how many of those who switched sides were genuinely Muslim and how many of them were just following the tides. I don't know about Khalid but I believe this was the case for most of them.

Only after a century or so, when Islam was really established you get the "noble" muslims and all the other legends etc. Most hadiths are also from that era so I don't know.

He was a warlod before islam and he was a warlord after islam, I doubt much of his character changed, if any.
>>
>>1333610

But he was at the Trench. Granted, he wasn't in overall command, but he was in command of his clan's forces, and they got quite a lboody nose.
>>
>>1333635
Wasn't the trench is pretty much luck?
Religious record say that Mohammad prays for sandstorm to occur and wreck shit up for the Quraysh army.
I bet in reality, they just got lucky or predicted that a sandstorm is approaching
>>
>>1333593
>>1333610
He did lose one engagement in Iraq I believe but it was more of a tactical retreat than a straight up beatdown.

He won every battle that mattered though, which is most important.
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 309x358) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30 KB, 309x358
>>1333610
>>1333593
>never lost a battle

Muslim revisionists pls go
>>
>>1335821
he assumed command after three commanders and manged to retreat with his army safely to Medina .. he never commanded the troops in the battle itself
>>
>>1335821
Thing is he wasn't the leader in that battle until the other assigned leaders died and then he took over and retreated the army.
>>
>>1333525
Khalid ibn al-walid
If you're gonna write the full name at least remember the rules about ibn and bin in Arabic
>>
>>1333611
?
>>
>>1333600
That was actually one of the few battles that Muhammad lost to the Pagan Arabs, and it was specifically because Khalid all Walid was leading the other side.
>>
>>1337860
my bad nazi
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.