[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any well-documented cases of excessive individual human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
Are there any well-documented cases of excessive individual human suffering? It doesn't matter if it's man-made (acute radiation syndrome, specific examples of torture) or natural (epidermolysis bullosa), it just has to explain the pain that's being experienced.
>>
>>1333290
>Are there any well-documented cases of excessive individual human suffering?
the lives of everyone around you
>>
>>1333393
The doctor prescribes 10cc of The Myth of Sisyphus.
>>
>>1333290
No, it's all made up.
>>
I forget the details of the incident, whether it was extreme radiation poisoning or just proximity to a nuclear blast, but there was that one guy who was kept alive for way too long despite most of his skin being gone, body parts falling off, all that kind of fun stuff, for the sake of the doctors being able to study the progression of his condition.

I doubt the reports are going to be readily available to the public, but it was evidently well-documented.
>>
>>1333458
Yeah, the Tokaimura nuclear accident. There's an excellent book that was written that details the accident and the aftermath. Acute radiation syndrome is very well-documented.
>>
Google "Japanese Squadron 731" or "Unit 731".
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 292x172) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 292x172
>>1333290
Yes. The Japs went to great lengths to prolong and document the suffering of Hisashi Ouchi when he was exposed to lethal amounts of radiation.
>>
>>1333582
Actually, while you're at it just look for any wikipedia page with "war crime" in the title.
>>
>>1333589
I see this image posted a lot, but is there any evidence that it's real?
>>
>>1333592
>>1333582
Yeah, there definitely isn't a shortage of books about atrocities from WWII. Not really sure about where to begin, so maybe Japanese medical experiments is a good entry topic.

It's a shame there aren't many books about North Korean work camps, which is testament to how effective they are. The fact that there are camps with hundreds of thousands of people and no documented escapees is unbelievable.
>>
>>1333623
It's probably real, but I don't think it's Ouchi.
>>
>>1333623
>Hisashi Ouchi

just google the guy's name.
>>
>>1333644
I know that it happened, but I don't know that the picture is of him
>>
>>1333632
Yeah, about that, I find it amazing also. So it's either possible that it's all a fabrication and NK is actually some type of communist utopia where workers are satisfied or they're really incredible at micromanaging a whole country.
Both possibilities are terrifying.
>>
>>1333650
The person in the picture seems to be missing a leg. I don't remember reading that Ouchi lost any limbs. There's nothing that indicates that that is him in the picture.

Every person with acute radiation syndrome would look like that.
>>
>>1333682
Matches the description of what happened to him in A Slow Death, but yeah, anyone with ars might look like that so why do you want to make sure THAT is Ouchi? Are you masturbating to this narrative or do you just have a very bullshit teacher who will ask you about how do you know that's Ouchi?
>>
>>1333632
What about Shin Dong-hyuk? Not every detail of his story is reliable, but I don't think anyone outside of the NK government is denying that he was in a camp and that he escaped.
>>
>>1333707

Well, the missing foot would be a glaring error.

Presenting that as a picture of Ouchi would signify sloppy research.
>>
>>1333707
It's important for history to be accurate. Somebody posted that the picture was Ouchi, but it most likely isn't. Ouchi didn't have any limbs amputated, his backside hadn't deteriorated at the same pace as his front, and the room that this picture was taken doesn't look like the room where other pictures of Ouchi were taken.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but I just want it to be clear that that picture isn't what they are claiming it to be. Wouldn't you correct somebody saying blatantly incorrect statements?
>>
>>1333732
No, but if you want to go ahead.
>>
>>1333723
There are camps with people who have escaped, but there are some where there aren't any documented escapees. The one I am specifically thinking about is the Hoeryong concentration camp. The only information that the West has about it is from former guards.
>>
>>1333589

When you say "the japs" it gives the impression they were just maliciously prolonging his life to study the effects.
The medical profession is just obligated to keep people alive in general.
>>
>>1333738
That's your decision, and you're free to make it.
>>
>>1333290
This kid went to my school. Didn't his shit was so fucked until like a year or two ago, when he got all famous.

I always remembered seeing him waiting at the front of the school with his handler because he couldn't go when everyone else was there or his skin would break.
>>
>>1333787
Explain?
>>
>>1333792
The kid in the picture has epidermolysis bullosa. It makes your skin blister and peel constantly, and is extremely painful. Most people who have it don't live long, and they have it since birth.

They're living their short lives in constant pain.
>>
>>1333813
pretty fuckin lucky it isn't on his face
>>
>>1333898
It is, but his face isn't in constant direct contact with anything.
>>
>>1333422
How do you even delude yourself with this? I'd let the boulder just roll me over.
>>
Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva causes damage to soft tissue to regrow as bone, eventually locking your joints in place and preventing movement.
trying to remove the extra bone growth just causes more bone to grow
>>
>>1334948
>glasses
>>
>>1334990
The life expectancy for people who have this is 40.
Fuck that.
>>
>>1333576
Name of book?
>>
>>1335150
https://www.amazon.ca/Slow-Death-Days-Radiation-Sickness/dp/1934287407
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.