[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the fall of the Ottomans start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2528
Hey /his/,at what point do you think the fall of the Ottomans start?
>>
File: Islamic_States_1700_lg.png (133 KB, 1772x1101) Image search: [Google]
Islamic_States_1700_lg.png
133 KB, 1772x1101
The whole Islamic world went to shit after 1700.

How do you go from this...
>>
File: Islamic_States_1800_lg.png (189 KB, 1772x1104) Image search: [Google]
Islamic_States_1800_lg.png
189 KB, 1772x1104
>>1333055
to this?
>>
Europe
>>
>>1333055
Yeah I think that had to do with their refusal to modernize
>>
After the death of Sulaiman the Magnificent.
>>
>>1333075
This desu the ottoman empire had a streak of good sultans ranging from conquerors like selim to reformers like suleiman or guys inbetween like mehmed II but they always did their job well.
After suleiman though there were too many shitty sultans which couldn't keep the various factions in the empire under control so the decline started then.
But they still were an force to be reckoned with till the loss of te crimean khanate from which point everything went into freefall.
So I would say that the fall started at the late 18th century and the decline started at the late 16th century.
>>
>>1332750

Vienna
>>
>>1333075
this.

Suleiman himself said that with his failures to take Vienna and Malta, there was really nowhere else for the Ottoman Empire to expand, as North Africa was already secure and there was enough space between him and Persia to be comfortable.

with the Ottoman's being locked out of the rest of Europe at Vienna, it was just a long decline from there, further exasperated by the Great Turkish war, which nailed the coffin of Turkish glory in 1699.
>>
>>1333055
>>1333056

Sad that it doesn't show the complete JUST that happened in Persia during those 100 years. Sengoku Jidai or Three kingdoms tier.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.