[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: EnforcersOfIdeology.png (274 KB, 538x883) Image search: [Google]
EnforcersOfIdeology.png
274 KB, 538x883
>[IDEOLOGY] killed millions

or

>[WEAPON] killed millions

I can't tell.
Either instance attempts to push the burden of responsibility off of humans and onto something more abstract.
>>
>>1332732
Ideology always because without the idea the weapon would never be used to enforce the ideology. Without the weapon the followers of the ideology would adapt to find a new weapon or way to get what they want.
>>
Ideology ofc
>>
>>1332818
>>1332832
I was asking which implication was worse, hence the greentext. You guys are saying that ideology actually kills people, not that the implication that ideology kills people is dumb, which was the quesiton.

Which implication is more stupid?

Ideas kill people.

Objects kill people.

I think both are rooted in a fundamental fallacy that attributes the responsibility of actions to forces outside of the people committing the action.
>>
>>1332843

objects kill people
>>
>>1332843
Objects desu
At least the ideas one isn't always fallacious with something like ISIS
>>
File: 1460464009556.jpg (2 MB, 1820x1150) Image search: [Google]
1460464009556.jpg
2 MB, 1820x1150
PURE IDEOLOGY
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.