[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History of Rome Podcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 207x207
What does /his/ think about the History of Rome podcast?
>>
>>1331290

Just getting into Roman history, so I guess I'll get through at least some of it before my interest shifts.
>>
>>1331290
I've heard the ones regarding constantine they were really good.
>>
>>1331290
I just got to Augustus Caesar, I think it's a really great podcast, Mike makes some great observations and explains things really clearly.
>>
exelent podcast .
>>
>>1331290
Shit Tier pronunciation of lots of Latin names, places and ideas. He makes some assertions that are undeniably incorrect. But most of what I've heard so far is good and pretty well put together in a way that can keep your interest.
>>
It's been years since I listened but I thought it was good, the guy's informative and goes into a lot of detail.

Of course my recommendation with any history podcast is to fact check stuff and don't take anything as gospel, but there are podcasts that do far less research than this guy.
>>
>>1331462
>>1331484
>>1332147

I'm suscribing now to check it.

I've been listening to Hardcore History and I recommend it. It's pretty fun
>>
>>1332197

For some reason /his/ has a decent population of people who like to shit on Dan Carlin.
>>
>>1332233
Probably they are looking to learn history in a more formal sense? You won't achieve that with Hardcore History, since the show assumes that you know (or at least have heard of) the events commented in each episode.

Maybe the fact that not all the episodes are available by suscription, and you have to pay to get the past episodes. Something that wouldn't have triggered the average 4chan anon a couple of years ago. Now on days and specially after the fappening, you even read posts of anons asking what is a torrent or what does "checked" means. Nice digits, btw.
>>
>>1332233

Cause during the first weeks of /his/ there were daily WHATDOYOUTHINKABOUTHARDOCREHISTORY threads. And not asingle one, but five of so of them just in the first three pages.
I have never watch any of his vids, but I hate him just for that, and, the forced memes that came with that spam too.
>>
>>1331290
The guy is sooo boring
>>
>>1331290
no carlin no care
>>
Pretty cool. Didn't have much interest in Roman history beforehand, ended up listening to the whole thing.
>>
File: file.png (81 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
file.png
81 KB, 170x170
Probably one of the best history podcasts, imo.

Check out the History of Byzantium also, its spiritual successor since Mike decided to end it at 476 since he wanted to spend time with his new kid. It took a while for Robin but it's a worthy successor, it follows the exact same format. He's just finished the reign of Basil I Makedon.

Robin also stops the narrative at the end of each century to take stock of how things have changed for the common Romans/Byzantines, changes with regard to other players on the European stage, the evolution of the Roman/Byzantine military etc and user questions. He also had a great episode discussing the "identity" of the Byzantines, and whether they were truly Romans.

Soon enough there will be a complete history of the Roman state from 753BC to 1453AD.
>>
>>1331462
I'm enjoying Revolutions more than I enjoyed History of Rome. Not to say that I hated History of Rome or anything, just that I think Revolutions has been better even though the French Revolution kind of drags on when the craziness dies down and it becomes "Napoleon's march to first consul". I'm hoping the current series on the South American revolution becomes interesting, it's been kind of boring up until the second half of the most recent episode that focuses on Francisco de Miranda and his travels thorugh the United States and Europe.
>>
>>1331290
I like it. The host has clear biases, and I would never want to meet him real life. The podcast is still pretty good though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.