[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why bother with ethics when EVERYONE worships power in the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 7948372.png (26 KB, 345x504) Image search: [Google]
7948372.png
26 KB, 345x504
Why bother with ethics when EVERYONE worships power in the end?

You take any guy who did bad things (whether mostly petty bad things like Steve jobs or full on extreme end of the spectrum like George bush or even Napoleon or Stalin) and soon enough they'll be respected and liked by most people.

This question may sound edgy but are ethics just a way to oppress the weak?
>>
>>1329948
Hello Stirner, nice meme. I think I'll take it.
>>
If you are too blatant about it people will resent you.
If you want to exercize raw power best to convince everyone that you are doing some right. Enough people that the other side can't dictate the narrative.
>>
ethics are a way to oppress people who don't follow our social contract. i don't see them as a way to pick on the weak so much as pick on the different.
>>
>>1329948
read nietzsche
if you want a tl:dr for your question:
yes
>>
>>1329948
>Napoleon did bad things
Still buttmad about losing that noblese privledge?
>>
>>1330497
How about wasting an entire generation of Frenchman to a fucking winter?
>>
>posting Stirner instead of Nietzsche while talking about how power > slave morality

Thanks /lit/
>>
>>1329948
Why so mad Max?
>>
Tyrants aren't respected and liked by the people they oppressed.
You will not see people in china or korea celebrating Genghis Khan.
>>
>>1331127
>caring about slave feelings
>>
>>1330500
Wouldn't be the first time that happened anywhere.

Stay mad.
>>
>>1329948
Socrates answered that over 2,000 years ago. Are Stirnerfags ignorant of philosophy other than him?

>>1331204
Isn't that what OP is doing?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.