[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lads, please explain to me why Hitler attacked his European neighbours.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lebensraum.png (18 KB, 488x254) Image search: [Google]
lebensraum.png
18 KB, 488x254
lads, please explain to me why Hitler attacked his European neighbours.

I understand German nationalism.
I understand wanting a Reich.
I don't understand why he thought he needed the whole of Europe.
>>
He didn't want it and he didn't attack it. Britain and France declared war on Germany.
>>
>>1329302
what about Czechoslovakia and Poland?
>>
He wanted "living space" for the German people. Basically, it was really trendy at the time to be isolationist and want to create a nation that was completely self-sufficient and wouldn't have to depend on any kind of trade to survive and prosper, and Germany, such as it was at the time, had a very high population relative to the amount of food that it produced and was heavily dependent on trade. Hitler invaded Poland so he could add all of that fertile farmland to his domains to freely redistribute to the German people, spread them out a bit, and make sure Germany could produce everything its people needed. It was for these same reasons that Japan expanded into mainland Asia and the tropical islands to the south.
>>
>>1329354
So he did not have global ambition? And did he not have any intention of invading France before a declaration of war?
>>
>>1329255
He wanted Poland to use as an agricultural bed, and then had to attack back when Britain and France waged war.
>>
>>1329369
Probably not, considering how poorly a lopsided World War went for Germany the last time.

He probably figured that England and France didn't want a second World War so badly that they wouldn't give a shit about Eastern European countries enough to start one
>>
>>1329255
>I understand German nationalism

I don't. "Those people are kind of like us, therefore we should conquer them." Seems autistic.
>>
>>1329255
Czechoslovakia and Poland were oppressing their German minorities. The Eternal Anglo and its allies declared war because they could not stand having a strong Germany (and still can't, hence Brexit).
>>
>>1329369
Nuh he was autisticly obsessed with Russia for some "Homeland theory" that was popular at the time

Only Burgers and Antifas think he wanted the world
>>
>>1329534
>unironically repeating Nazi propaganda

low effort/10
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.