[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very sad and insecure with low self-steem, will reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Pimp-Daddy_OBamaMO.jpg (21 KB, 425x276) Image search: [Google]
Pimp-Daddy_OBamaMO.jpg
21 KB, 425x276
I'm very sad and insecure with low self-steem, will reading philosophy fix it?
>>
sitting alone for hours reading about things you don't have the motivation to understand will not improve anything
>>
>>1328217
i have that motivation
>>
>>1328213
no but neither will shitposting on /his/
>>
>>1328213
go to /fit/ and to a therapist
>>
what use does philosophy have then
>>
>>1328213
Probably not, you are still a human being no matter what you read. Most human beings need certain experiences to be happy and well-adjusted. After all, your emotions are biochemical reactions that don't just trigger themselves.

I'd say it might be able to help though, but it depends on what the life you already have is like. Also note that "philosophy" is a very broad term.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 500x532
>>1328213 We don't give a fuck about your inadequate life. Try >>>/fit/, >>>/adv/, >>>/mlp/, or even >>>/b/. And as always, thank you for shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>1328213
don't listen to these cucks OP

Read Evola (particularly his Buddhist, Hermetic, Tantric, and initiatic works), the Stoics, and Kierkegaard.

Acquire a holistic, intuitive understanding of existence at all scales. Not to sound smart but to understand how it operates at all levels, which of course, includes your own mind and wellbeing.

I smoke blunts and read shit like metaphysics and Hermetics and it's changed my life for the better.

Lift and go outside.

It'll change your life.
>>
>>1328213
No. Philosophy is a proffesion. You either do it as a proffesion, writing esays and books or you are not a philosopher and are not doing philosophy. Reading philosophy books is not being a philosopher.
You are only into philosophy cause you are introverted and care more about abstract shit than about your own personal life and success.

If you dislike your life, go and do things for yourself with the goal of amassing power/money, status and making sexual conquests or making a family with a worthwhile woman.
>>
>>1328489
That or actaully go to uni and study philsoophy with the aim of producing content.
>>
>>1328489
>>1328492
that sounds awful
>>
>>1328635
Well, then kill yourself? What else do you want.
Remmember, you have to do something, you have to engage with the world to feel like you have control and you make a difference.
Examine your life so far, examine what you prefer and what you ejoyed, the topics, the enviornments, the interactions in your life and decide based on that what to do next then immidately start doing it. After a bit of time you will feel much better.
>>
>>1328663
Or try to get mental healh if you can efford it/its accesible. do it as fast as you can, you are wasting time.
>>
>>1328680
I already do, its going too slow
>>
>>1328425
>Read Evola (particularly his Buddhist, Hermetic, Tantric, and initiatic works), the Stoics, and Kierkegaard.

Nobody takes Evola seriously, his work is utter fucking occult nonsense, and Evola would absolutely loathe his current reader base within the alt right. Don't listen to this anon.

OP, at least, if you want utter self indulgence, listen to Stirner or other Egoists. Hey, maybe even step outside philosophy into Jung.
>>
>>1328213
Reading "The Ego and It's Own" made me aware that many stresses I felt were baseless in origin and self imposed.

To quote autist supreme Witty -

“What is your aim in Philosophy?” “To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle”
>>
>>1328790
>don't read evola
>read these two guys who agree with him instead

family...
>>
>>1328800
>pretends he can dispell social anxiety or other stresses by readig a book.
Even when one regonizes the things haunting him are "spooks" he stil cant sop feeling inedequte and stressed about them.
Most likely a person fails to realize what exactly is bothering him and the things he thinks are bothering him are simply a symtom of something else.
This is why you cant psych yourself.
>>
>>1328826
Yes, Stirner who died before Evola who would call everything he believed a spook, and Egoists who would disagree with everything he said.

Read Evola.

Anyways, sarcasm aside, Evola would hate anyone who read him now, so if you can't follow his "ideal", it's pointless occult mental masturbation that had, and has, no bearing on history besides a interesting anecdote on the rise of Italian fascism.
>>
>>1328425
>Read the work of a man who ended up hating the world, and who became increasingly fatalistic the older he got
>lol just ride the tiger brah! XDDD

Yeah, I'm sure that'll help OP a lot, might as well tell OP to an hero.
>>
>>1328663
This
>>
>>1328300
If you're seriously asking that then you should stay far away from it. It's not a crutch for anyone. On the contrary, it's geared for people who have no need of a mental crutch.

What you should do is go out, be more sociable, stop thinking about stuff, live modestly, eat as healthy as you can, exercise. Being physically active is therapeutic on its own. Stop expecting the impossible from yourself.
>>
>>1328663
>>1328869

It is a recent thing, at least at this scale, where people are so well off that they can sustain others who do nothing.
Is there a wonder a person feels depressed and worthless if he is like a dog, taken care of by his benefactors(parents)?

Once you release yourself, as in get out of the basement and live on your own, facing life's chalanges, providing for yourself, you will no longer feel a loss of meaning, as you will be your own master and, making descisions for yourself.
>>
>>1328853
did the little baby wander into /pol/ and get scared
>>
>>1329105
>implying anyone is scared of a bunch of overweight neckbeards
>>
File: 1393097778426.gif (422 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1393097778426.gif
422 KB, 640x480
>>1328213

You'll realize that nobody, not even arrogant pricks with peeHD's knows shit, and that will make you feel better.

True story btw
>>
File: 1466186719696.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466186719696.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1000
hell no . it will just fill your head with concepts, that you wont carry out till your confident. find your self by determination not want, not curiosity. you are a god you will only gain by doing. go forth and live your way .
>>
>>1329116
>dude u cant kno nuffn lmao
>anime

/his/ was a mistake
>>
>>1329124

>Implying you know with certainty
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.