[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moloch (Masoretic מֹלֶךְ mōlek, Greek Μολώχ) is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: starofmolech.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
starofmolech.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
Moloch (Masoretic מֹלֶךְ mōlek, Greek Μολώχ) is the Biblical name of a Canaanite god or possibly an ancient form of propitiatory child sacrifice by parents as sacrifice for the deity.

Leviticus 18:21 "And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."
Leviticus 20:2: "Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones."
Leviticus 20:3: "And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name."
Leviticus 20:4: "And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not"
Leviticus 20:5: "Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people."

2 Kings 23:10: "And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech."
Jeremiah 32:35: "And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin."

Why did adapt the Star of Molech (pic related) and claim it to be the Star of David?
>>
>During the 19th century the symbol began to proliferate amongst the Jewish communities of Eastern Europe, ultimately being used amongst the Jewish communities in the Pale of Settlement. A significant motivating factor was the desire to imitate the influence of the Christian cross.[3] The earliest Jewish usage of the symbol was inherited from medieval Arabic literature by Kabbalists for use in talismanic protective amulets (segulot) where it was known as a Seal of Solomon.[4][5] The symbol was also used in Christian churches as a decorative motif many centuries before its first known use in a Jewish synagogue.[6] Prior to the 19th century, official use in Jewish communities was generally known only in the region of today's Czech Republic, Austria and possibly parts of Southern Germany, having begun in medieval Prague.[7]

tl;dr wasn't used in a widespread manner until the 1800s
>>
Please point out where it says the Molech ritual is associated with the symbol of two overlaid triangles wherein one is unversed otherwise known as the Star of David.
>>
File: 1460423131849.jpg (151 KB, 600x980) Image search: [Google]
1460423131849.jpg
151 KB, 600x980
>>1327402
Yea there is a odd false equivalency, unless there is some specific metaphor or fancy language I don't understand.
>>
Because the Jews actually worship Satan.
>>
>>1327402
Point out where in the bible where the Star of David came to be.
>>
>>1327417

I asked first.
>>
>>1327419
My question answers your question.
>>
>>1327421

No it doesn't.
>>
>>1327402
Acts 7:43
>>
>>1327402
Amos 5:26
>>
>>1327426
>>1327428

Mentions of stars, but no mention of the 6-pointed star of david.

Is this going to turn into another thread of "Common, near-universal astrological features such as stars always reference this one extremely specific thing and cannot be anything else" that I usually see in Christ-posting threads?
>>
>>1327431
I've given my verses. Now point out where in the Bible points out the Star of David.
>>
>>1327433

I dunno. I don't overly concern myself with bronze-age Semitic mythology.
>>
>>1327436
Then this thread isn't for you. Go tip your fedora elsewhere.
>>
>>1327437

>waah dont disrupt my echo chamber
>>
>>1327426
>>1327428
This isn't a star symbol, it's a point of light in the sky. Everything people experienced involved the sky, which was the ancient world's television. All deified beings were associated with a "star", although many times the stars were actually planets or comets.
>>
>>1327433
It probably isn't, the star of David is just an old middle eastern symbol. I've heard the top pointing triangle represents masculinity, broad shoulders and a trim waist, and the bottom pointing triangle is a woman with wide hips I.e. fertile

Just old pagan stuff
>>
>>1327389
That's in no way Molech, to begin with. Nor is the star of David anything biblical either. Nor is the star of David the official symbol of Israel.

I actually think Dan Brown got this one right. The downward pointing triangle that looks like a vagina represents woman; the upward pointing triangle represents men. The union of the two would be the union of man and woman.

If it actually does refer to David, which I have seen zero evidence for, it seems to me that it would be critical of David, not complementary considering his murderous and adulterous affair with Bathsheba.
>>
>>1327399
By tradition, the Star of David has only 2-Dimensional OVERLAPPING (or intersecting) triangles, while the Seal of Solomon always has 3-Dimensional INTERWOVEN (or interlaced) triangles.
>>
>>1327389
Uniting the Water Triangle [facing downwards] with the Fire Triangle [facing upwards], the Hexagram is formed. It forms a six pointed star also known as the Seal of Solomon. This symbol is a [different type of] Star of David, the national symbol of Israel (God’s chosen nation). The difference between the Star of David and the seal [of Solomon] is the triangles which make up the seal [Solomon] interlock and the two triangles of the Star of David lie flat against each other.

– Hexagram, TheForbiddenKnowledge.com
>>
>>1327433
The Star of Remphan (Chiun)

Looks like the star has origins in the occult religions surrounding Israel; that when Israel betrayed God and worshiped foreign gods, this was one of them.
>>
>>1295562
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.