[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /his/. Since we realized that there wasn't one yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: normative.jpg (35 KB, 380x317) Image search: [Google]
normative.jpg
35 KB, 380x317
Hey, /his/. Since we realized that there wasn't one yet, and its a form of education that's sorely lacking in modern day we're making a discord chatroom to be a general community of philosophy, and its general overlap with science, sociology, or other forms of theory. As well as to be a community in general.

https://discord.gg/012OE9ge1GbmdqbZD

We only just started up, but this is something that could be useful if if becomes big.
>>
>>1326916
So Confucian role ethics are the right way?
>>
>>1327156
No, ethics in the face of the Other is correct
>>
>>1327190
Why do edgy philosophers always try to come up with their own non standard form of ethics. It just makes everyone look retarded.
>>
>>1327249
I don't understand. What makes something a standard form of ethics?

>It just makes everyone look retarded.
What?
>>
>>1327275
If it complies with one of the three main theories in some coherent sense instead of being random gibberish said pretentiously.
>>
>>1326916
The chat is literally gay.
>>
>>1327440
Is that the point of philosophy? How exactly did philosophy as a discipline develop if it didn't comply to "main theories." Just because something is difficult doesn't make it gibberish. Why even study philosophy if you're going to go out of your way to only look at a few of the ideas that you think are important because someone told you they were? There's nothing wrong with disliking Levinas but appealing to "standard form of ethics" is retarded.

You should study the history of philosophy just a lil more. But only a lil. Hail Hydra and what not.
>>
>>1327465
...That's not the issue. The issue isn't never making new ideas. Its the the main theories cover all the ground that can coherent exist. Everything should fall under one of those umbrellas.
>>
>>1327731
That makes no sense. If this doesn't fall under one of those that isn't true by definition.
>>
>>1328004
The point is that it clearly DOES fall under one of those. But that pretentious assfucks ignore this when writing because they want to be unique.
>>
>>1326916
>making a discord for a board that is already slow as fuck
No, fuck off. You're going to make this place fucking /trv/ tier.
>>
what the fuck theres already a discord
>>
File: ronald-mcdonald-large.jpg (207 KB, 900x823) Image search: [Google]
ronald-mcdonald-large.jpg
207 KB, 900x823
are cheeseburgers normative ethics

I follow cheeseburgers anytime I see one.
>>
>>1327731
Why do you think every ethics should fall under the standard form? Finality? Completeness?
>>
>>1328108
Because anything outside of them is more or less deliberately shirking a definition that probably applies to it just to be edgy.
>>
>>1329328

What are the three main forms then ?
>>
>>1329328
Well what about reformulating the definition because the previous one couldn't answer the problem satisfactorily? Because that's what Levinas did. I'm surprised that you don't know Levinas, because he's pretty much - the - philosopher of ethics in the 20th century. He pretty much gave a new grounding for ethics, influenced by Heidegger. He's also the first philosopher that proclaims ethics as first philosophy, thereby subjugating metaphysics as a tool for ethics. Or, would you rather have "philosophers" committing the same mistake by thinking deontology in terms of what Kant did, i.e., phenomenon/noumenon distinction, etc.?
>>1329649
I assume he means deontology, utilitarianism, and virtue ethics. But then again, if that's true, even before the standardization (which basically was made for pedagogic purposes), there were lots of other form of ethics. Sentimentalism, for example. I don't know why he's so obsessed with the three main forms, and then calling any attempts outside of themt retarded and pretentious. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>1326916
>Uses jargon with scoffingCunt.jpg

hate this condescending shit
>>
>>1329937
u mad?
>>
>>1326916
Right, you stupid cunt.
There's been a slack community for /his/ + /sci/ since March, there was over an hundred people in it at one point. Fuck off with your /soc/ bullshit.
>>
>>1330603
I visited the /his/ chat. It was pure ass.
>>
>>1327447
Basically not if it is about philosophy and deontology.
>>
>>1331843
>deontology.
>>
>>1331843
What?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.