[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like this would be the best board to ask, I apologise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
68 KB, 300x300
I feel like this would be the best board to ask, I apologise if there is another board where I should have posted this.

I'm starting to make my family tree, so I can learn the history of my family, it's origins, and all that jazz. But I have no idea where/how to start. My living family has next to no information on our past relatives. We have some of their last names, but that's about it.

I've heard ancestry.ca/com is a great website for finding this information. Only problem is, I really don't want to pay that $29.99 a month (money's already tight enough as is). I feel like googling their names is going to give me many different people, with the same name.

I guess my questions would be (as stated earlier) where should I start? And how do you kind folks of /his/ make such an accurate family tree??? Any tricks behind it???
>>
>>1365937
Pro tip: don't even bother. You're a peasant all the way down like 99% of the population.

That aside, most places keep physical records. Your local municipality or whatever, should have some shit archived, although I don't know how accessible it would be.
>>
>>1366123
>tfw this is true to no end

I looked at mine as far back as around 1066, and it was the most boring thing I have ever seen

My mums side is Scottish
>Miners
>Miners
>Farmers
>Some soldiers

Dads side is England
>Soldiers
>Soldiers
>Soldiers
>Farmers

No one who was a solder was even special, just infantrymen who died most of the time

I spent roughly £300 to discover I am of pleb descent (but thanks to them im alive, so you the best)
>>
>>1366123
>tfw wuz actually aristocrats n shiet
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.