[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This agglomeration which was called and which still calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1458428373939.png (4 MB, 1778x2014) Image search: [Google]
1458428373939.png
4 MB, 1778x2014
>This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.
>>
It was awesome tho and your just a jelly frog.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
My eyes are fucked. Who is that in the image?
>>
>>1325026
>
>
>
>>
>>1325059
"I can't tell the difference between present and past"
>>
Does anyone have that voltaireposting copypasta?
>>
File: Tha Frankening.jpg (136 KB, 917x960) Image search: [Google]
Tha Frankening.jpg
136 KB, 917x960
>>1325026
I swear, Voltaire, if you keep greentexting about the Holy Roman Empire, I will hunt you down and shove that greasy wig up your ass.
You may have your two-thousand "books" to rely on, but some of us have only one scribe to work with and they don't pay union scale for that!
>>
>>1325108
Voltaire
>>
Why is this even a point of contention. It literally, demonstrably, was neither roman, nor holy, nor an empire. The inhabitants weren't Roman, they were German, it was only Holy in the sense that power (originally) rested in that of the Pope, and it was far too small to be considered an empire
>>
>>1325717
>too small to be considered an empire

The Holy roman empire was roughly as big as the Assyrian empire at its height.
Is the assyrian empire now not an empire anymore so you can shit better on the HRE?

Also its inhabitants were also northitalians, therefore kinda roman.
>>
>>1326082
>Yeab but the assyrian empire was 2600 years ago was unified under one king and was awesome, the HRE died 200 years ago and was a shitty agglomération of small state.
>>
File: hre.png (119 KB, 346x534) Image search: [Google]
hre.png
119 KB, 346x534
Voltaireposting is a meme I should hate by now, it has zero value.
I can't quit you though, Voltaire.
>>
Again? Really?
>>
>european
>union
>>
>>1327342
Indeed, but it's size did not determine wether it was an empire or not.
>>
File: 1434177068059[2].png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1434177068059[2].png
205 KB, 420x426
Why does everyone love Voltaire so much?
>Starts out his career literally being the Ancien Regime equivalent of that guy who won't shut the fuck up in cinema
>Goes to England to escape a well deserved prison sentence, then goes on about how awesome England is because being ruled by the nobility is so much better than being ruled by a king
>Then goes to Prussia and changes his mind because his boyfriend Frederick is so much better than that meany poopoo head Louis XV
>Wants to become the new Shakespear, and decides the best way to do this is to shit all over Shakespear with his own shitty fanfic-tier plays and poems
>Claims to be in favor of freedom of speech, but happily used the Inquisition against Rousseau
>His political theory was literally nothing new

What has Voltaire produced that was of any value? He was famous because he was funny and charismatic. Quoting him is the same thing as those internet retards who keep posting pics with quotes from George Carlin like he isn't a high school dropout.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.