[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build your god/Ubermensch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 25
File: 13-28-02-9k=.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
13-28-02-9k=.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Allright, time for an active nihilistic exercise. If all human perceptions are illusions then all perception is tainted by illusion.

That being said, god is dead but lets rebuild god. So lets rebuild illusion.

In less than 300 words describe the god you wish to worship.

My G is the personification of compassion, love, joy, understanding, wisdom, of creation, compassion and the rational. G is beyond good and evil as they are but human illusion.

My G can beat up your G
>>
File: WH40K-Emperor-01.jpg (275 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
WH40K-Emperor-01.jpg
275 KB, 734x950
Easiest decision of the day.
>>
File: e003669347974ede4462b.jpg (74 KB, 620x496) Image search: [Google]
e003669347974ede4462b.jpg
74 KB, 620x496
>>1323757
The cult of the god emperore is degenrate result of the HH , the emperore himself would not be whorship when he living (see lorgar), the emeperor is not a god, is the perfect human the most evolve the most powerfull, but a man. Even when you look the early fluff this spirit is the union of many other but many spirit can't be a god. The gods of chaos are the trully god, rise by the stronghest emotion of any speces they're universal, literaly ! They're the true gods.
>>
>>1323745
Start a Demonbane thread on /a/.
>>
>>1323745
Shouldn't this be on /x/ or something?
>>
>>1324478
>>1324486
A subject of theology have is place on /his/
>>
>>1324478
>>>/a/143205991
>>
File: Christ_in_the_desert_kramskoi.jpg (1015 KB, 1500x1324) Image search: [Google]
Christ_in_the_desert_kramskoi.jpg
1015 KB, 1500x1324
>>1323745
>>1323745
I like this thread it's very original. I'll start I guess.
God shouldn't necessarily be centralized, because god is in everything and everyone (let's call this godhood). This godhood is worthy of respect. And people can pay respects in their own way (praying, fasting, resting, meditating, whatever). This god idea can be made into the form of a church, natural park, tree, whatever. So the most important thing for worshipping this god would be resting/reflecting/stepping outside your flow of your normal life for a time.
>>
File: trump.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>>1323745
>>
>>1323745

All useless terms. Your gods sucks. What does personification mean? It sends out love and creation waves, and that's where we get those emotions from? Or it just does those things really well?
>>
>>1323745
A god in any major definition would be boring.
Everything would be certian and set, according to his will, or plan, or gross existence, or whatever, you get the point.
A living god, or a demigod is much more fascinating. So for me it would be any of the primitive juju tier religions of history, but real.

Imagine if all the shit the Liberian fighters did actually worked.
>>
File: WH40K-Emperor-02.jpg (99 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
WH40K-Emperor-02.jpg
99 KB, 500x400
>>1324466
That's why he is the perfect god.
>>
File: 196479_html_30992db5.gif (26 KB, 1985x993) Image search: [Google]
196479_html_30992db5.gif
26 KB, 1985x993
I had such thoughts before, this pretty interesting question. If i were asked to made up new got for people to worship, I would use some nature phenomena, probably gravity (we had Sun, forest, earth, sky, lightning worship cults, why not to use something that literally makes our universe work?).
But problem is, that monotheistic God is a product of long evolution of humans' beliefs, so it is apparently the most universal, adjustable and strong idea of higher being for now.
This is a reason why Christianity or Islam is so widely spread. So, your attempts to make up a new god are doomed to failure.
You shall not make anybody worship 'em, so what is the point?

>[spoiler]All heil the Gravit, Holder And Keeper. Toss your children into the sky to make em feel the love of our Savior, and praise him by repeating holy mantra: "picrelated"[/spoiler]
>>
Good stuff everybody. Remember, the purpose is to throw the baby out with the bathwater; what are you replacing it with? My belief is that man needs an illusion to work for.

Toss away shame, evil, guilt, fear and all that puritanical/Abrahamic/demigod.

Build your Gs! Lets see watchyah got!
More G building, less G bitchen
>>
File: When They Cry.png (423 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
When They Cry.png
423 KB, 500x501
> Describe the god you wish to worship.
The silent, insane force that control everything in all possible worlds but could care less about any certain outcome. It exist where all understanding completely stop, limiting every interaction that is beyond its whims and creating infinite illusion for people so there still be a tiny little hope for us to deny its existence. We all are less than gears in that divine system, there is no choice for us that would be against insane will of that force that by definition has no sense. That God exist in stasis of absolute, in a frozen void, in the monochrome rainbow of possibilities that are denied for us for eternity and in the Black Hole of everything that speaks in language of absurdity. There exist an afterlife, it would be random life in random world and you can't influence what exactly it would be no matter how you try to do that. My god is real and more real than you an me or anything else, that is why he doesn't care about any of us. For him we all are less than a game, less than split second idea that would be forgotten in moment.
>>
File: Genzoman.jpg (172 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
Genzoman.jpg
172 KB, 773x1000
I would go with some sort reverse theology.
1. God is dead, original God sacrificed himself for his creation being important. Nothing is important compared to God, but God decided to stop exist.
2. God was a creative force, he wouldn't deny the role in his creation for everyone. So there doesn't exist imperatives and laws, beyond necessary of physics. Good or evil, spiritual and material, God have no preference so everything given a chance.
3. Some created beings was able to found place, where they could exist unchanged, egoistical by their own justifications. They was formed what is known as nature, other put they self as emotions in people hearts. Most solipsistic defined the evil.
4. There are beings, who could see the beauty of entire creation. Some of them was sure that God should still exist, but other believe that they saw him. The truth is of course that God is dead, but you can overcome his Death, honor his Creation by being a virtuous being and enlighten upon evil.
5. That is what the world is. There are solipsistic beings that can't see it as the whole and a more sophisticated that understand mechanism of the creative force of original God. We all in that fight together. You can choose any side. You can be being that restricted by it's own delusions, being that ignores all other reality. You can also try to revive a God in yourself, become the sane being.
6. If you choose last, then you would know what purpose of life is. It is to reach the endgame, the final stage, where all living beings together would say from their heart that created world was worth it and wholesome agree with one each other that sacrifice made by original God wasn't for nothing.
Don't judge me harshly, I come up with this in like 5 minutes and English isn't my first language.
>>
>>1323757
The Emperor protects
>>
god is a mighty scientist but far from being almighty

he failed big time while creating human sexuality and while creating the proneness to be convinced by emotions rather than by rational arguments

all the religions are infact divine but they are only a desperate try of this scientist to massively restrict sexuality in the tremendously flawed framework he created

he uses that originally unintended proneness to be convinced by emotions in order to do that

thats why he wants to scare people off from sexuality by threatening them with hell

he knows he is not able to fully prohibit any intercourse but he tries to minimise it
>>
>>1324944
Cool
>>
>>1323757

Worst dad of all time though
>>
>>1324564
/thread
>>
File: 1443821148575.png (181 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
1443821148575.png
181 KB, 501x600
Praise kek, check em
>>
>>1325893
Yes, poor Lorgar
>>
>>1323745
I have many gods.

There's the king of the gods, who oversees all the others, and supersedes them in rank, and approves their actions. Without his approval, other gods, and of course mortals, must act in fragmented, unexpected ways.

There is the god of power and war, the god of frequency and transformation, the god of exploration and risk, the god of dissolution and truth, the god of integration and fulfillment, the god of tragedy and lust, the god of childhood and fervor...

These gods reside in the hearth of the king as his generals, commanding vast armies with many lower ranked deities commanding even smaller armies and even platoons. The foot soldiers are the mortals, although stories have been told of mortals reaching higher ranks, but always at a price.
>>
>>1328122
>>1325606
>>1324944
>>1324863
is this parody?
>>
>>1328151
Part satire, part unironic passion for mythologizing like all good role playing fans. Everyone has their own personal angels and demons regardless if they formalize it into written myth or not. Historical mythologies and religions are simply the ones that became popular.
>>
File: steroidsmeme1.png (290 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
steroidsmeme1.png
290 KB, 600x400
>>1328325>>1328122

I started this thread to peer into peoples heads.

The idea is that YOU'RE the god that you create. ERGO If your god is a nob, if your god suffers or is indifferent, if your god is obsessed with the bureaucracy of worship, so are you. If your G's a kunt, your a smaller one. If yah Is a failure, so are you.

What I really wanted to know that if given the freedom and the canvas, what and who do we aspire to be ? G in my POV is a reflection of ourselves, our lives and aspirations..... on steroids.
>>
>>1324466
well doesn't faith have an affect on the warp. couldn't the Emp become a god through shear human stupidity and determination.
>>
>>1324944
>reverse theololgy
How do you mean? Parts of this read like Jesus, namely that He sacrificed himself for His creation. The difference being that there is no Father and Son dynamic, just a singular god who is now gone. There's no Heaven he would ascend to for continued existence either.

I do like this however.
>>
File: heresydetected.gif (144 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
heresydetected.gif
144 KB, 267x199
>>1324466
How dare you question the one true Lord?
>>
File: sithrak.jpg (215 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
sithrak.jpg
215 KB, 760x596
>>1323745
>>
>>1323745

Mine's the personification of love, compassion, fun, humor and not being a dick. I'm keeping most of the ranks of angels and the four elders of Christianity, but they'e all messengers and muses, mostly because it looks badass.

Also loli books have to be put somewhere.
>>
File: GodEmperorofDune-LetoWorm.jpg (101 KB, 203x644) Image search: [Google]
GodEmperorofDune-LetoWorm.jpg
101 KB, 203x644
>>1323757
My God Emperor>yours
>>
>>1323745
>personification of compassion, love, understanding
>personification of wisdom & rational

Your god is a paradox.
>>
>>1323757
>Not choosing his Warhammer Fantasy Counterpart.

Get fed to orcs!

>Inb4 age of sigmar is now the norm.
No it is shit. WH Fantasy ist still king.
>>
>>1323757
Was Emperor a literal case of meme magic? Like he is God because everyone believes in him?
>>
>>1324557
Why do Christians even bother differentiating themselves from ancient pagans?
>>
File: OurLordPepe.jpg (13 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
OurLordPepe.jpg
13 KB, 224x225
Pepe.

>King of Kings
>Destroyer of worlds
>Bringer of life
>the embodiment of victory, destruction, creation and compassion.

Look upon his works, ye mighty, and despair.
>>
>>1330911
10/10 would worship
>>
She is God
>>
>>1330911
Someone should make like a pseudo-cult based around Pepe incorporating 4chan lore and get all the /b/tards and /pol/lacks to practice it
>>
Tzeench

Khorne

Slaanesh
>>
>>1323757
>>1324466
Its not the worship of the God Empero, its the worship of humanity as a whole, he is just our high priest. Like the Pope, we do as he says as he is leading us to a greater destiny.
>>
>>1324557
Why would respect matter to such a powerful and omnipotent being?
For something like that to be sentient it would be completely beyond our human comprehensions. Why would it waste its time on us?
>>
>>1323745
One that is both giving and kind to it's followers, but wrathful and harmful towards enemies of it's peoples. It does not require full attention and daily worship, only acknowledgement and thankfulness that it exists is enough for it to consider you a follower.
>>
>>1330811
Leto II a shit

I lost interest in the Dune series after Children
>>
File: erza mosley.jpg (183 KB, 578x774) Image search: [Google]
erza mosley.jpg
183 KB, 578x774
We already have one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKOM2ywB7nQ
>>
>>1330857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz_6N0osLCI
>>
I want two gods: male and female. Male mortals look to the god and female mortals look to the goddess each for strength and guidance on their own time.
>>
>>1330903
Far from it. He has lived for tens of thousands of years living as a regular human being. Only when humanity was brought to the brink of extinction and enslavement at the hands of Chaos did he choose to take the reigns. His abilities are currently fueled by the sacrifice of thousands of psykers. Belief is just to keep the Imperium together.
>>
>>1332580
Well, that's the ideal. But no, the Imperium actively requires you to worship the God Emperor specifically.
>>
File: Talos_Shrine.jpg (305 KB, 1163x1600) Image search: [Google]
Talos_Shrine.jpg
305 KB, 1163x1600
>>1330811
>>1323757
The real God Emperor coming in!
>>
>this is my god
>>
Probably Slaanesh, desu. Maybe tweak it a bit so it's not so destructive, but other than that.
>>
My gods are two sisters, ephemeral and bright
One comes with the morning and the other the night
One moves with the shadows and one walks in the light
Once poisoned by jealousy, it caused them to fight
The younger fought older and was trapped in moonlight
Under the new new moon they shall reunite
And again come the dawn the world shall be right
>>
File: Rest In Peace, Sweet Prince.jpg (120 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
Rest In Peace, Sweet Prince.jpg
120 KB, 610x610
Astetic
>>
>>1332543
It's caled kek
>>
File: 8573963995_c9c4af0a28_b.jpg (192 KB, 1024x611) Image search: [Google]
8573963995_c9c4af0a28_b.jpg
192 KB, 1024x611
My god is mathematics. Unending, self-defining, and elusively powerful. Larger than the universe in which it is neatly contained.

Also, it exists.

TYBG stands for 'Thank You (axiomatically) Based Geometry'
>>
>>1327977
checked
>>
Mine breaks the fourth wall
>>
>>1324682
>Everything would be certian and set

Your life is certain and set, you are born, you go to school then you work until your body starts falling apart and then you die - why don't you complain about that?
>>
>>1323745
In the beginning, there was God. In order to learn what it was, God looked upon this image of itself to see what would become of it in his embodied absence.

The longer he looked, the more he learned of himself; his outline, once blurry and dislimned by the seams of the void which surrounded it, gradually drew into focus - a skeletal system, nervous system, blood vessels, muscle, tendon, skin - and then the eyes, ears, nose, complex organs of sense, transmitting data into what? a brain, pulpy and fragile, but expanding rapidly. Then for the first time did God not only hear, but listen; did not only see, but recognise; through knowledge of himself, he began to gain knowledge of his environment. And in this environment he encountered another.

And so it continues.
>>
>>1332833
>one

Why not thousands of this nature, all seeking to keep their followers as a means of sustenance leading to a gorillio n cults.
We antique now!
>>
File: Crimson_Behelit.png (96 KB, 234x269) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Behelit.png
96 KB, 234x269
My idea of of a true Lord would be one who neither created this world, nor condones its existence. A man who broke free of the bonds of causality in order to establish himself as God. So basically Griffith.
>>
>>1330911
Nice dubs
>>
File: Nils_Asplund_-_Heimdal-610x364.jpg (73 KB, 610x364) Image search: [Google]
Nils_Asplund_-_Heimdal-610x364.jpg
73 KB, 610x364
>having just one god

Get on my level scrub
>>
No Gods
No Masters
>>
>>1333029
I mean like a legit cult with texts and shit. As an example: instead of like a guide to divination, someone could to write up a guide to practicing meme magic
>>
>>1328928
But you're asking what kind of God we want to worship or what force do we want to control the entirety of existence. People don't want to be in that role. One does not describe themself when describing god.
>>
>>1332506
You know, given the kind of /pol/ threads and /pol/ bait threads you are allowing, getting that Rodney King "a god that would let us all just get along" joke deleted, let alone temp banned for it, was more than a little surprising.

>>1338214
>>1336962
>>1334378
>>1329825
>>1337116
>>1335798
>>1336330
>>1338119
>>1337325
>>1332701
>>1336478
>>1329161

Maybe Janitors just don't have the power to delete OP's anymore...

...or maybe this is just the first sign of progress, and I should be glad of it... Because a god that would keep /pol/ in /pol/ would be one I would sacrifice a few babies for, even if I am guilty of sinning and spending some time there.
>>
File: aldrich.jpg (432 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aldrich.jpg
432 KB, 1920x1080
My god was once a man; through devouring others he gained dark power, and ascended to his throne through providence of the Deep.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.