[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Spaniards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 400x264
/his/
Why have countries like UK, France and Germany always hated Spain?
Is it jealousy?, Is that the reason they created the "black legend"?
>>
>>1323714
They didn't always. Fierce competition explains the rest.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1956x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1956x1600
As a Spaniard I wonder why other Europeans, specially the French and the Brits, despise us so much

What have we do done to you assholes?
>>
I feel like playing Sid Meier's Pirates now. Such an old, good game.
>>
I believe Northern and Central Europeans saw Spaniards as half bloods because of your moorish past
>>
>>1323724
Every european hate each other, even in their own lands.
Funfact: sometimes you hate your neighbour more than refugees.

t. latino immigrant in europa
>>
>>1323744
Euros hate each other more then anything.
>>
I feel like the only note-worthy things associated with Spain are: the Reconquista and their good performance during the Age of Discovery.

For such a large (by European terms) and bountiful country, their lack of other achievements is inexcusable. As is the fact that they struggled against pleb-tier nations (at the time) such as Portugal and the Netherlands.
>>
File: SpanishEmpire1790.svg.png (253 KB, 1280x657) Image search: [Google]
SpanishEmpire1790.svg.png
253 KB, 1280x657
>>1323758
On the other hand they are famous for two huge blunders:
1. Bankrupting themselves despite being the richest Empire and breaking the European economy, by flooding it with too much silver and gold.
2. Having all of pic-related and then losing it.
>>
>>1323714
>UK, France and Germany always hated Spain
They do?
>>
The black legend was created by England, and it's about Catholicism. They did the same with France.
>>
>>1324846
They actually did much worse with France.
>>
>>1323714
I don't think Germany ever cared much about Spain throughout history. They're not their neighbours after all and not a competitor as a naval power either.
>>
>>1323741
That's black legend too. Moors, even the converts, were all expulsed.
>>
french here
i have no particular opinion about spain

and i'm definitely not jealous of having no jobs and 40°c every day
but i don't hate you either where does that idea even come from ?

in fact you're the ones who call us gabachos and who hate us
>>
>>1324921
lol no they weren't. Even today there are still towns in Andalusia full of Moriscos who remember their Islamic past. And once you get to the Southern half of Spain the Moorish blood is obvious.
>>
>>1323724
the French don't despise you cabron. They don't give 2 flying fucks about you.
If anything you're latin bros
except you hate us from what i witnessed
>>
>>1323714
Succeed breeds jealousy. And when succeed leaves, the hostility stays because everyone can bully and mock the weak and unfortunate.

It helps that Spain spent the whole 19th and early 20th centuries doing nothing but destroying itself.
>>
>>1323744
Vuelve a tú país Jefferson Martínez
>>
>>1324925
>Moriscos who remember their Islamic past
Where? Who the fuck told you this?
>>
>>1324925
Literally false and completely ignorant of spanish history. Also the north-african genetic influence grows the further west you go, not south, which shows it has nothing to do with moors because Portugal finished first.
>>
>>1324928
Completely false. There is contempt and arrogance (not hate) towards Spain in France, even the spanishboos see us from a position of superiority, like if we were some exotic undeveloped country.
>>
>>1324959
>There is contempt and arrogance (not hate) towards Spain in France
[Citation needed]
>>
>>1324959
it's not personal i have contempt and arrogance towards pretty much everybody
>>
File: 4rrrxu.jpg (139 KB, 771x590) Image search: [Google]
4rrrxu.jpg
139 KB, 771x590
>>1324925
Nigger what. Take a look at this map of Y-chromosome haplogroup distributions. African DNA is negligible all over the country, even the Greeks had a larger impact.
>>
>>1323786
>implying the rest of Europe wasn't working 24/7 to bring them down
>>
>>1324950
>>1324951
>>1325045

Nigga I've been to Spain. I've noticed how Gypsy/Arab tier Spaniards get once you reach Valencia. I've talked to literal Moriscos who still have crypto-Muslim Arabic shit at home.
>>
>>1325139
The gypsies are actual gypsies and not Spaniards
>>
>>1324924

>40°c every day

Look at this retarded gabacho and laugh.
>>
>>1325139
And I've met plenty of blonde, blue-eyed Andalusians. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (43 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
43 KB, 300x250
>>1325268
>>
>>1325139
Things that never happened.

Or maybe you met actual gypsies and moroccans? Would you say we have descendants from vikings too because we got Norwegian colonies?
>>
>>1325139
>. I've talked to literal Moriscos who still have crypto-Muslim Arabic shit at home.
I know no one, in fact moriscos were expelled.You seem to be pretty dumb desu
>>
>>1324924
You should be happy you're called gabacho and not guiri.
>>
File: lolbrit.png (477 KB, 886x2410) Image search: [Google]
lolbrit.png
477 KB, 886x2410
>>1324868
Spain controlled Germany in the 16th century
>>
>>1325256
laughing requires effort though
>>
File: 1465992820638.jpg (866 KB, 1920x1283) Image search: [Google]
1465992820638.jpg
866 KB, 1920x1283
>>1325306
that free, white blob in the center of Europe
>>
>>1325306
>Italy = Roman Empire

Italians are descendants of Lombard and Vandal savages. That's why they lost against Ireland.
>>
>>1323786
>have that Empire
>can't annex Portugal

WHY WHY WHY, it triggers me so hard to see maps of Europe, I swear to god
>>
>>1325416
because white people aren't aggressive barbarians who invade theirpeaceful neighbours for no good reason
>>
>>1325416

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Union
>>
>>1323714
The spanish were probably hated for their connections with the Hapsburgs, along with having literally retarded royal leadership
>>
>>1325416
>can't annex Portugal

But they did? And it would still be spanish if it wasn't for the eternal frog.
>>
>>1325306
>the 16th century Holy Roman Emperors had control over the Holy Roman Empire
No
>>
>>1325427
>annex

>>1325420
But there's no, say, Kingdom of Bavaria anymore for example
>>
>>1325438
The Kingdom of Bavaria was abolished due a short lived communist revolt
>>
File: Battle of Ponta Delgada.png (192 KB, 315x701) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Ponta Delgada.png
192 KB, 315x701
>>1325438

>why is irl not like in vidya?
>>
>>1325438
They had to force the union with war. Also back then there was no Kingdom of Spain. Aragon, Valencia and Catalonia were also separated political entities and actually around the same time the portuguese rebelled so did the catalans for identical reason. The aragonese and the valencians did not rebel this time but were not happy when their privileges were in danger.
>>
Why are Spaniards and Italians so dark?, it annoys me that they look so fucking niggerish
>>
>>1325494

Cause you have never seen one.
No seriously, they dont exist, Italy and Spain are just a cover for secret NATO projects.
Trust me, I know it, by first hand.
>>
>>1325494
Sun.
>>
>>1325476
Who is talking about video games you dolt, it was but a simple question wich you aren't able to answer, at all.

>Annexation (Latin ad, to, and nexus, joining) is the political transition of land from the control of one entity to another. It is also the incorporation of unclaimed land into a state's sovereignty, which is in most cases legitimate. In international law it is the forcible transition of one state's territory by another state[1] or the legal process by which a city acquires land.[2] Usually, it is implied that the territory and population being annexed is the smaller, more peripheral, and weaker of the two merging entities, barring physical size. It can also imply a certain measure of coercion, expansionism or unilateralism on the part of the stronger of the merging entities. Because of this, more positive euphemisms like political union/unification or reunification are sometimes seen in discourse.
>>
>>1325554
You should be mad that they didn't annex the Americas then, since they were different kingdoms in paper too.
>>
>>1325494
Raped by Arabs, though in the North of Italy you see a ridiculous amount of redheads even more than blond it seems
>>
Why did the French ally themselves with the Turks and Protestants to fight Spain during the war of religions? Why were they so bad at being Catholics? Didnt Richelieu fear goign to hell?
>>
File: Europe_sunshine_hours_map[1].png (97 KB, 1360x1245) Image search: [Google]
Europe_sunshine_hours_map[1].png
97 KB, 1360x1245
>>1325494

Cus unlike you're pasty ass they go out in the sun and get tan.
>>
>>1325898

Sunshine hours is like the perfect limit between classical greece and macedonia
>>
>>1323714
>UK
Because Spain was their main competition for trade and overseas expansion. This also applies to the Dutch.

>France
They were always paranoid because Spain was part of the German Habsburgs for a while.

I don't get what you mean by Germany though.
>>
>>1325867
Muh realpolitik! Muh raison d'État! We must destroy the evil Habsburg who prevents us from attacking everyone!
>>
>>1325867
It wasn't a war of religions you dumb fuck, it was a war of Habsburgs trying to take over the world.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.