[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lee Kuan Yew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Kuan_Yew

Holy shit. I just read this guy's wikipedia page and I am in love with him. Am I missing something? The dude basically seems like asian George Washington.
>>
File: 24.jpg (200 KB, 950x1201) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
200 KB, 950x1201
>>1319700
>Am I missing something?

His military record is nothing to brag about.

Basically managed to preserve Singapore by sucking US dick.

Pic related is the superior statesmen.
>>
>>1319708
Didn't he do Ti*nanm*n Sq?
>>
>>1319700

A lot.

He cooperated with the IJA to feed his family, went to Britain to study law and came back a ruthless materialist who did literally anything to get his way.

He had no qualms cooperating with the communists, only to sell them out when he got what he wanted. He refused to listen to the team of economists he put together when he wanted his way, and would regularly sue anyone who criticized him. He also arrested a bunch of Catholics in the 70s under trumped up charges.

Singapore today is a corporate paradise and the PAP remains in power relatively unchallenged. It is also my belief that the TPP will fuck Singapore over, though that's a given.(The Worker's Party in Singapore is just the PAP in red shirts. Fuck them.)

George Washington fucking stood up for Benedict Arnold. Sure, he probably wasn't the sort of general who could lead a standing army, but even I'd rather have GWash over Lee.
>>
>>1319700
>Am I missing something?
The catch is lack of any decent freedoms, huge fines for the smallest offences and forced multiculturalism. Singapore is a very isolated case that cannot be properly emulated.
>>
>>1319748
so what?
>>
>>1319771
>forced multiculturalism

Oy gevalt the goyim knows
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>1319708
>>
>>1319802

On a very hilarious side note, the first Chief Minister (or Prime Minister) of Singapore, David Marshall, was a Jew. I don't remember if he was Sephardic or Ashenkazi, but yes, for a very brief period, Singapore was run by a Jew.

Oy vey indeed.

>>1319771
You're quite right in that aspect. It literally cannot be reproduced and it is starting to show cracks.

Also it's less "forced multiculturalism" and more "forced one-party state". Singaporeans can get very, very racist behind closed doors. The multiculturalism is only for show since any behavior outside of PAP-Approved norms gets brutally punished. It is also why Singapore will NEVER get any effective opposition.
>>
>>1319708
Both are great.

>sucking British dick

Ahh surely all 300,000 Singaporeans should fight the UK.
>>
>>1319771
A starving man would trade all his freedoms for a sandwich.
>>
>>1319825
>It literally cannot be reproduced and it is starting to show cracks.

Nice source you got there.
>>
>>1319826

Why should anyone in Singapore fight the British? They literally gave us their Radar and Air defense shit. And infrastructure.

Not even joking. All we had to do was bullshit away, and we basically bullshitted Malaysia to help us get into the UN. In 1966. After being unceremoniously kicked out in 1965.
>>
>>1319832

I... I live here. And then there's this edgy little cunt known as Amos Yee, who refuses to shut up about how edgy he is.
>>
>>1319829
And get neither freedoms nor sandwich in the end.
>>
File: tumblr_nyd539GUPZ1uel673o1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyd539GUPZ1uel673o1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
All these new immature neo-facists wannabes.
Go hire a male dom if you're so eager for someone to whip you into shape faggot.
>>
>>1319887
You mean take classes for BDSM?
>>
>>1319896
and an in depth lecture on bootlicking studies.
>>
File: anarchists1[1].jpg (80 KB, 558x279) Image search: [Google]
anarchists1[1].jpg
80 KB, 558x279
>>1319887
>>1319900
Right on, syster! Occupy Wall Street!
>>
>>1319845
He even got sent to court and a psychologist, and the psychologist gave up, apparently.
>>
>>1319700
George Washington stepped down from power twice in his life. This dude ruled until he was unable to.
>>
>>1319700
A Counter-revolutionary that actually did shit.
>>
Sorry for this /int/ tier post but holy SHIT Singaporeans are hideous looking. It's like they took the worst looking Chinese and threw them in with a bunch of black tier SE Asians and created this mongrel race of absolute shit.

Not to mention your guys' names, what the fuck happened? How do normal Chinese names become Luk Dok Kee or Hop Whop Sop?
>>
shit leader of a shit country for a shit people
>>
File: (You).png (843 KB, 819x637) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
843 KB, 819x637
>>1320306
>>
>>1319887
>>1319896
>>1319948
What is it with leftists and making things sexual?
It's literally the only they've done for the past half of a century.
>>
>>1319900
I wouldn't be surprised if these BDSM classes have a bootlicking class.

>>1320053
The "court-mandated" psychiatrist didn't "give up". He or she correctly diagnosed him as "edgy teenager going through his pure edge phase". There's literally nothing wrong with him except for puberty, but then the PAP proceeded to fuck his ass over with improper care. Par for the course here, of course; they sue rival politicians and even subjected another cunt to the same thing.

But hey, who cares when Singapore "literally" is a success story since EVERYONE buys into the lie that Singapore was a "sleepy fishing village" even though we have actual archelogical evidence that says we were a trade port in the 13th Century and the British left behind infrastructure and a somewhat successful port that happened to lie in the midpoint of Africa and Japan.
>>
>>1319845
Does that somehow make you right?

>b-but you weren't there man
>>
>>1319748
Didn't happen.
>>
>>1319771
What do you mean forced Singapore never was majority 1 group at qll. It was always a mishmash of people during its development.
>>
>>1320500
How is fascism and big business not rape?
>>
>>1319771
forced multiculturalism is better than anarchic multiculturalism i.e. Molenbeek, Malmo or Luton.
>>
>>1319700

He correctly diagnosed Britain's problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oto7u0Mj6I
>>
>>1319708
>Securing an alliance with the world's biggest military and economy is somehow a bad thing
>>
>>1321335
because it doesn't involve forcing a penis into a vagina

do you understand how words work? You might be interested to learn that words actually have meanings not just associated emotions.
>>
>>1319700
My hobbies are skiing, guns, and cars. LKW and Singapore generally don't sit well with me.
>>
>>1319700
I was in country when he passed, the line for paying respects was about 5 hours long in like 100 degree weather

And almost everyone was over the age of 50 and wearing a full suit/formal clothes

They had major respect for the man
>>
>>1322970
I feel like William Gibson put it best:
http://www.wired.com/1993/04/gibson-2/
>>
>>1323078

They accepted the lie that they needed him to make Singapore great.

The current generation is not pleased.
>>
I suspect that Singapore could be a better country without him.

People compare the country to Malaysia, when they should be comparing it to Hong Kong.
>>
>>1319764
>betraying commis

So what?
The state is stable rich and secular now while the commis mostly left a legacy of death and famine.
>>
>>1319708
>not sucking dick to make your country great
>>
>>1321335
Id love to get raped by having one of the highest living standarts on earth and no fear of crime and ethnic tension.
>>
>>1319887
Where can I hire a male dom?
>>
>>1324945
But it used to be part of Malaysia right? They both left the commonwealth under the same deal, if my memory serves me correctly.

And...like...Malaysia is pretty shitty man. I think the comparison is apt.
>>
>>1325158
Singapore is also tiny as fuck, thus it's way easier to manage, and its geographic position makes for a perfect trading hub.
>>
>>1320464
>doesn't think all fish heads are scum who should be externinated
>calls others leftists
>>
>>1325164
Right but Malacca and Penang were also excellent trading hubs under British rule.

Is a smaller country always 'easier to manage'? Can we quantify this with evidence?

Certainly you could argue that Singapore has better relations with both China and the West, but this I believe this is due to its leadership not being pants-on-head retarded, unlike their Malaysian neighbors.
>>
>>1321025
Nice try Comrade Wang
>>
>>1324945
lol what? Singapore is much better in nearly all respects than Hong Kong

Hong Kong is good compared to mainland China, which is a borderline dystopia.
>>
>>1325075

Also one of the highest GINI coefficients in the world. High living standards also means that it's hella expensive to live in, on average. Also, while you won't get shanked in the streets, the ethnic tensions are driven deep underground because the PAP has a monopoly on violence.

This, hilariously enough, means you cannot criticize the PAP in any way unless you want to get sued and mistreated until you either stop, die or go insane.

>>1325183
The PAP has always considered Singapore's survival above all. This has led them to adopt extremely materialist views on diplomacy, the economy and politics.

Malaysia has always considered Malays above all, this has also shaped their policies.

>>1327013
Singapore has always been compared to Hong Kong as both countries rose to prominence at around the same time. They're mostly similar in most aspects.

>>1325158
Yes, it was in 1963-1965. Despite his economists literally pointing to a thick file saying that it was a terrible idea, Lee Kuan Yew disregarded all of it.
>>
>>1319771
They are multi-ethnic.
Not multicultural
>>
>>1324930
Yeah. Because they don't remember from where Singapore came.

>>1324945
?
>>
>>1328014
>Despite his economists literally pointing to a thick file saying that it was a terrible idea

Good thing he didn't listen to them.
>>
>>1319771
Singapore has one culture: money
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.