[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So you know the video game Medieval Total War? Well wether you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Moo_urban_militia_info.png (104 KB, 191x280) Image search: [Google]
Moo_urban_militia_info.png
104 KB, 191x280
So you know the video game Medieval Total War? Well wether you don't or not, there's this unit in it called the Urban Militia for the Moorish faction, which are basically elite militia units that have better training and equipment than other faction militias. I tried looking up where this came from, but nothing in Almohad military history seems to match this description (although I ironically I've found something that does match it for the Reconquista Christian armies).

Anyone here who might know? And don't say this is for /v/-- they don't know shit about history.
>>
>>1317186
I thought medieval 2 had background info on all units? maybe read the description in game and google what they put down.
>>
>>1317186
Vanilla Medieval Total War is less historically accurate than the Patriot, you know this right?

Download a mod if you're looking for something a bit more accurate. They also tend to include historic information in the unit descriptions.
>>
>>1317186
A lot of medieval 2 total war stuff were based on stereotypes more so than actual history,the whole voice lines of the muslim factions were a prime example of this.
>>
>>1317823
I tried-- couldn't come up with anything.
>>
>>1317186
It's a fucking total war game. This is the series that just gives every faction the exact same starting units.

Hell in the next game everyone has the same uniform just with different colors.
>>
>>1317914
I know, and it appeared in Total War 1, too, but they don't give any specifics.
>>
File: elephant_artillery_mercs_info.jpg (16 KB, 191x280) Image search: [Google]
elephant_artillery_mercs_info.jpg
16 KB, 191x280
>>1317186
They are basically the same tier as pic-related.
(really fucking cool to play with, if you find that one server in the lobby that has no rules for elephants and 30k)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.