[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: NATO.png (278 KB, 2000x802) Image search: [Google]
NATO.png
278 KB, 2000x802
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Keeping the commies out i imagine.
>>
>>1314713
>Allowing commies to take over Europe
>>
>>1314713
>let's unite all the mos powerful countries after us and the Soviet Union onto our side

gee idk
>>
>>1314726
They didn't let the USSR join.
>>
>>1314744
a bit of reading comprehension could help.
>>
>>1314765
I don't think any level of reading comprehension could help to decipher that to be fair to myself.
>>
>form alliance against USSR
>USSR joins alliance and no one notices
if this happened it would top Venice's perfidity
>>
>>1314713
Good idea at the time. Didn't need to be a thing after the fall of the soviets, however. It served its purpose.
>>
>>1314776
Have you got the image?
>>
File: le happy venetian merchant.png (257 KB, 307x988) Image search: [Google]
le happy venetian merchant.png
257 KB, 307x988
>>1314798
>>
>>1314801
Now, I'm sure there's a good explanation...
>>
>>1314827
Something like
>Venice takes a lot of Italian minors
>Pope gets upset
>Pope asks France for help against Venice
>France starts taking Italian minors
>Pope helps Venice stop France and so does everyone else
>France, realizing she can't take the Italian minors, would rather Venice have them over anyone else
>France and Venice start the war as enemies and end as friend

That was horribly simplified and probably wrong
>>
File: tfw italian wars.jpg (125 KB, 731x879) Image search: [Google]
tfw italian wars.jpg
125 KB, 731x879
>>1314801
>>1314827
>>1314864
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.