[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theocracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Could a Christian theocracy succeed, or would it be brought down by corruption and revolution?
>>
>>1313650
Hasn't this question already been answered by stripping the Papacy of legal authority?
>>
>>1313650
There will always be some form of corruption with human's leading other humans. Even if it was a theocratic system that ruled on faith there would be corruption and people not interested/rebellious of the order. Theocracy can't really work anymore in the West, since most formerly Christian nations are secularized now.
>>
File: tumblr_o38r2soK0E1v33hszo1_1280.jpg (248 KB, 1157x1779) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o38r2soK0E1v33hszo1_1280.jpg
248 KB, 1157x1779
>>1313759
Perhaps someone should start over from scratch.
>>
>>1313650
Well, was the renassaince a better period of intellectual and human happiness? Enlightenment? Or now?

I'm honestly not sure but I feel that the resassiance was the height of human spirituality and intellect.

Personally I think the system of aristocracy and clergy checking and balancing each other was best in comparison to an all out theocracy.
>>
>>1313650

>>1313759
This.

Theocracies are just like any other state, except they have the legitimate authority of God on their side.

>>1313695
You mean invaded by the House of Savoy.
>>
I don't know if it would be brought down by revolution, but it is not acceptable at all.
>>
>>1313825
>bringer of light
Fucking Apollon-Lucifer, fuck off. I fucking hate kekism, all kekists should be destroyed. Satanist rats all of them.
>>
>>1313650
A true Christian theocracy would cuck itself to death, much like Sweden is doing right now.
>>
>>1313650
Depends on where it manifested. If it was in a typically Christian area prone to fundamentalism, it wouldn't be much of a change.

In the USA, a lot of self proclaimed bible thumping patriots would probably burn the court house down when their daughters started being tried for the crime of being a witch.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.