[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be anyone as based as Caesar again I miss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 9IaD0pbFhGM.jpg (54 KB, 505x604) Image search: [Google]
9IaD0pbFhGM.jpg
54 KB, 505x604
>There will never be anyone as based as Caesar again

I miss him bros
>>
>>1313020
>Destroy a perfectly functional republic and turn it autocratic
>Not even a state of emergency in which all of Rome is in danger, just because it tickled his fancy
>Get stabbed to death for being a traitor
>Based

Brilliant sure, but not based. He started the empire, and with it a long trend of degeneracy and decline leading to the eventual collapse.
>>
>>1313075
>i dont know history but am shitposting on /his/

Noted
>>
>>1313075
>degeneracy
>social decadence contributes to political collapse
I'm not saying social decadence is good, but I won''t believe you on this without a source. I mean, I've never seen anyone explain the mechanism behind how this would even work.
>>
>>1313075
>a fully functional republic
>>
>>1314399
I assume it's that a decadent society doesn't care about actual political issues very much since they have so much to distract them.
>>
File: sullastatue.jpg (14 KB, 207x302) Image search: [Google]
sullastatue.jpg
14 KB, 207x302
>>1313020

>implying Caesar was not just a reincarnation of Sulla

Sulla reigns eternal, when he chooses to grace the Earth with his presence again he will do so as the God Emperor of Mankind
>>
>>1313020
What about all those Caesars, Kaisers, Tsars after him?
>>
>>1314399
Decadence leads to apathy, apathy leads to decay.
>>
>>1314426
Caesar was alive when Sulla was in power, there's no possible way he could be his reincarnation.
>>
>>1314412
Ok, now site proof for this, and I'll believe you.

>>1314437
Again, site proof for this and I'll believe you.
>>
>>1314452

Sulla works in mysterious ways
>>
Nappy was baser.
>>
>>1314452
>>1314484
Daily reminder that Sulla caused the collapse of the Roman Republic, destroying democacy for over a millenium.
>>
>>1313075
>perfectly functional republic
>>
>>1314454
>site
The door's that way, you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>1314486
hon hon hon
>>
>>1313075
he got stabbed to death by all those elitist optimates who think they're better than everyone else!
>>
>>1314495
>>1314454
*cite

It's been a along day.

The offer still stands. But I doubt you'll take it.
>>
>>1313075
t. Cato the younger
>>
>>1314488
Marius was made council for life before Sulla or Caesar where around
>>
>>1314608
sauce and I'll believe
>>
>>1314587
t. not even one of the people you're responding to
>>
>>1314454
Political discussion is usually taboo in most conversations. You haven't noticed this?
>>
>>1314608
>google "marius consul for life"
>no relevent results
sulla's useful idiots btfo
>>
>>1313020
*Roman Salute*
>>
>>1314608
Not true
He was granted emergency powers (dictatorship) to btfo the Germans and to restore order in Rome after the riots and shit, but he stood down
Caesar was the first to be sworn in perpetuity
Although I stand firmly in that his intentions were pure and he truly wanted to reform the broken system
>>
File: machiavelli.jpg (5 KB, 181x236) Image search: [Google]
machiavelli.jpg
5 KB, 181x236
>>1313020
>Caesar was one of those who wished to become pre-eminent in Rome; but if he had survived after becoming so, and had not moderated his expenses, he would have destroyed his government.

http://www.litcharts.com/lit/the-prince/chapter-16
>>
>>1314805
Caesar kept his enemies alive for this very reason, to keep his ambition in check
He was a truly good man in my opinion, my personal role model
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.