[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For people who say faith alone, you do realize that when Pau
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 32452.jpg (16 KB, 249x320) Image search: [Google]
32452.jpg
16 KB, 249x320
For people who say faith alone, you do realize that when Paul (in contrast with say, James) said "works", he was talking about works of the *Law*? "Works" here means circumcision and eating kosher and all of that (Romans 4:11-13, Galatians 3:5).

"Works" as in helping the poor and being righteous in general, are what Saint James and Christ talk about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U

Orthodox FAQ's + reading list with links for atheism and Catholicism and Prots: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
Thank you
>>
>>1312629
Laurus is an amazing book. Thanks for the rec, Kosta.
>>
>>1312629

Do devout Orthodox Christians generally do either of those things?
>>
>>1312629
Yes. Paul and James had a conflict. They half-ass resolved it with Paul pretending to agree with James that he would teach Gentiles not to eat meat from strangled animals, sexual immorality, things polluted by idols, blood, and be good to the poor.

In exchange, Paul got his commission, and Paul and Barnabus got the right hand of fellowship from the so-called pillars of the faith, Peter James and John.

James didn't care what Paul taught the Gentiles. James could care less if every single Gentile went to hell. The above list is a compromised list of burdens under the Law that Paul never taught to anyone.

Nor did the "pillars" add anything to Paul's faith.

My question to you, Constantine, is why do you care so much about this stuff when you're an outright lost pagan?
>>
>>1312629
>"Works" as in helping the poor and being righteous in general,

This is literally what the Law does.
>>
>>1313191
You tried.

Does the James ossuary trigger you?
>>
>Paul

You mean the deluded Greek who never met Jesus and who only had a surface-level understanding of Judaism?
>>
>>1312629
>"Works" here means circumcision and eating kosher and all of that

Literally what Peter, James and John were doing, and teaching.

Literally.
>>
>>1313201
No, I loved it. I think James pulled his head out of his ass late in life, as Peter did, and as John did. I loved the two nails in the Caiaphas ossuary better though.

But why do you care about the things of God?
>>
>>1313205
Now that's triggered!

kek

Jew.
>>
>>1313205
Tarsus (/ˈtɑːrsəs/; Hittite: Tarsa; Greek: Ταρσός; Armenian: Տարսոն, Hebrew: תרשיש) is a historic city in south-central Turkey, 20 km inland from the Mediterranean. It is part of the Adana-Mersin Metropolitan Area, the fourth-largest metropolitan area in Turkey with a population of 3 million people.

Acts 22
And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said to the centurion who stood by, “Is it lawful for you to scourge a man who is a Roman, and uncondemned?”

Acts 22:3 “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers’ law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today.

Romans 11
I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
>>
File: whew_lad.jpg (10 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
whew_lad.jpg
10 KB, 300x190
What did Rabbi Kaduri mean by this?
>>
>>1313205
When Jesus is called the Lamb of God in John 1:29 and John 1:36, it is referring to Him as the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin. In order to understand who Christ was and what He did, we must begin with the Old Testament, which contains prophecies concerning the coming of Christ as a “guilt offering” (Isaiah 53:10). In fact, the whole sacrificial system established by God in the Old Testament set the stage for the coming of Jesus Christ, who is the perfect sacrifice God would provide as atonement for the sins of His people (Romans 8:3; Hebrews 10).

The sacrifice of lambs played a very important role in the Jewish religious life and sacrificial system. When John the Baptist referred to Jesus as the “Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29), the Jews who heard him might have immediately thought of any one of several important sacrifices. With the time of the Passover feast being very near, the first thought might be the sacrifice of the Passover lamb. The Passover feast was one of the main Jewish holidays and a celebration in remembrance of God’s deliverance of the Israelites from bondage in Egypt. In fact, the slaying of the Passover lamb and the applying of the blood to doorposts of the houses (Exodus 12:11-13) is a beautiful picture of Christ’s atoning work on the cross. Those for whom He died are covered by His blood, protecting us from the angel of (spiritual) death.
>>
>>1313221
The Hebrew sentence (translated above in bold) with the hidden name of the Messiah reads:

Yarim Ha’Am Veyokhiakh Shedvaro Vetorato Omdim

ירים העם ויוכיח שדברו ותורתו עומדים

The initials spell the Hebrew name of Jesus יהושוע . Yehoshua and Yeshua are effectively the same name, derived from the same Hebrew root of the word “salvation” as documented in Zechariah 6:11 and Ezra 3:2. The same priest writes in Ezra, “Yeshua (ישוע) son of Yozadak” while writing in Zechariah “Yehoshua (יהושוע) son of Yohozadak.” The priest adds the holy abbreviation of God’s name, ho (הו), in the father’s name Yozadak and in the name Yeshua.

It means he was too chickenshit to confess out loud here on earth that Jesus was YHWH; that Jesus is the Messiah.

So he left it in an anagram in a note to be opened after his death.

He must have been soooooooo ashamed of himself standing before YHWH.
>>
>>1313225
Well put.
>>
>>1313235
Copy pasta. Same Jew keeps saying Paul was an idiot for not being able to tell a paschal sacrifice from a sin offering.

Same Jew without a God, without a Temple, without a High Priest, without any sacrifices, having never kept any high holy days, and never had one single Passover held properly, making judgments about Sanhedrin members during the Second Temple age.

It's really repugnant.
>>
>>1313184
My pleasure :)

>>1313188
Pretty much only the Ethiopians circularizing and eat kosher, although all prohibited from eating blood because the New Testament affirms that as wrong. The reason is that blood is the life, and when you consume blood of something with its flesh, you are physically communing with it, which we aren't supposed to do with animals, only Christ (but that doesn't mean we're spergs who prohibit blood transfusions).
>>
>>1313191
>Yes. Paul and James had a conflict
Source?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.