[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the man who invented college go to college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1465492708781.jpg (67 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1465492708781.jpg
67 KB, 480x608
Did the man who invented college go to college?
>>
>>1312408
Yes, to govern and teach.
>>
Technically, the chicken evolved over hundreds of generations, so the question of whether the chicken or the egg came first is purely semantic.
>>
>>1312446
Eggs evolved hundreds of millions of years before chicken.
>>
>>1312511
I was assuming "chicken and egg" implicitly referred to the egg as being a chicken's egg.
>>
>>1312537
Is a chicken's egg an egg laid by a chicken or an egg containing a chicken?
>>
>>1312557
I prefer to think that the matter inside the egg becomes a chicken at the time when brain waves first start to travel outside the brain stem.

Let's say the end of the second trimester and leave anything later than that up to the states.
>>
>>1312572
How can we leave such an important matter up to the states when they have yet to grant chicken the right to vote?
The will of the majority imposed on a disenfranchised minority is not democracy but tyranny.
>>
>>1312609
I think it'd be easier for a chicken to access abortion, being that the eggs is already outside of their body and they can just peck it apart.

Of course, that's assuming the farmer doesn't just take the fertilized egg and put it in an incubator.
>>
This is the most American thread I have ever seen.
>>
Yes, but his application was initially rejected as he lacked a letter of recommendation.
>>
Egg came first.

If we're going to classify animals at all, we're going to need to draw lines (even if only lines in sand) between species and the species from which they descended, which means that at some point, a non-chicken produced an egg that would hatch a chicken
>>
>>1312408
lol no one in this thread got the meme
>>
>>1314007
Yes, but brings you into a basic problem.

When exactly along the very gradual process of evolution was a chicken a chicken.

You're talking about tiny changes per generation. The first chicken wouldn't be visibly any different from its parents. And its parents wouldn't be visibly different from theirs.
>>
>>1312408
This is the most Reddit thread I have seen all day
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.