[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fear Hell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 27
File: hellfire-1000x480.jpg (100 KB, 1000x480) Image search: [Google]
hellfire-1000x480.jpg
100 KB, 1000x480
Do you fear Hell?
>>
Turn to Christ, senpai.
>>
>>1310427
Sometimes but generally no. I often consider the future with in my life. Heaven and hell are simply afterthoughts that I might think about before I go to bed.
>>
No, since heaven would be hardly any better. Meaning comes from variation, and without it, anything you're subjected to is meaningless. Suffering feels bad because of its difference from bliss. Take away bliss and you also take away suffering, and are left with meaninglessness.

The same thing is true for heaven. Bliss is altogether meaningless without the possibility of suffering, so if you go to heaven, and have any and all suffering taken away forever, you wouldn't find yourself in a state of eternal bliss, but in a state of eternal meaninglessness
>>
>>1310446
I don't know man. Being boiled in a pot of blood for all of eternity doesn't sound too cozy to me.
>>
File: 1424286537680.jpg (75 KB, 655x606) Image search: [Google]
1424286537680.jpg
75 KB, 655x606
>being afraid of things that don't exist
>>
File: fedora.jpg (896 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
896 KB, 1920x2560
>No, since heaven would be hardly any better.
>>
>>1310427
i go to the limbo
>>
>>1310427
Sounds like bullshit someone would say to convince people to follow his bullshit.
>>
>>1310427
Depends on which ring I'm at. Limbo doesn't sound too bad. I can just talk to Julius Ceaser all day.
>>
File: 1388337360995.jpg (140 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1388337360995.jpg
140 KB, 960x720
>Sounds like bullshit someone would say to convince people to follow his bullshit.
>>
>>1310470

NOT AN ARGUMENT
>>
>>1310427
you are already in hell
>>
File: Ancestor Worship.jpg (273 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
Ancestor Worship.jpg
273 KB, 1440x960
>>1310427
We have no hell in Chinkbeliefs, sempaitachibokunopico.
>You will live in a big house with all your dead relatives instead.
Ok, I suppose we do.
>But then there's your nice grandma who passed away 5 years ago.
*sniff* ok we don't.
>>
>>1310427
Only a little because im pretty damn sure it doesnt exist
>>
>>1310505

What if your ancestors were total dicks and you didn't want to be with them in the afterlife forever.

Was there a way to escape this cruel fate?
>>
>>1310446
Interesting point.
Couldn't it then be that heaven and hell are both the same? The thing that differentiates them is only Perspektive.
>>
If Hell is real I take comfort in the fact I will suffer there eternally rather than simply disappear and cease existing once my final neuron fires off for the last time.
>>
File: 1466412412438.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466412412438.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>Only a little because im pretty damn sure it doesnt exist
>>
>>1310527
Chinese Afterlife is basically a better version of our world but with Gods n Shiet.

Of course you can wander about the heavenly realm I suppose. But you'd be receiving prayers from your descendants or something.

In the Buddhist syncretist version, there's a hell, but its temporary and more like a prison sentence (actually LITERALLY a prison sentence) before starting over again.
>>
>>1310540
How could you possibly consider that to be better?
>>
>>1310427
Can't fear something that is a fairy tale
>>
I can only imagine that it would get quite old
>>
>>1310551
Sounds plausible.
Maybe your tortured so long until you forget your last life and then you are reborn.
>>
>>1310427
Years of Rice and Salt made me somewhat hopeful for a buddhist afterlife
>>
>>1310559
Nah.

In the Jade Record, supposedly you underwent a series of tortures that you can merit based on the gravest sins of your life. The worst is 無間地獄 (or Avici), in which the worst sinners suffer aeons before being spat out into rebirth.
>>
>>1310427
Operation of the nervous system and sensation ceases after death. So no. I don't fear something I won't be able to feel.
>>
Probably more fun than heaven
>>
>>1310475
>not an argument

If God did not punish nor reward, would you still follow him? Do you actually have a "relationship" or do you only live in fear of the fire? Live to chase the carrot on your stick?
>>
>>1310427
Hell is separation from God and he is in my heart

So no
>>
Why should I fear the place where I would never be?
>>
>>1311156
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>1311273
What exactly are fun things to do in Christian heaven? Name at least one. You can't.
>>
File: lion-lamb6.jpg (1001 KB, 1062x612) Image search: [Google]
lion-lamb6.jpg
1001 KB, 1062x612
>>1311276
Christians will be resurrected from the dead.
>>
>>1310446
Fuck off retard. I would rather sit around doing nothing than be in agonizing pain for eternity. Pseudo intellectuals need to kill themselves now.
>>
No because either way I am under the thumb of some entity and I would rather be free
>implying Christians are right
>>
>>1311282
Resurrected from dead in Heaven? Doesn't counts if they would be partying here.
>>
File: Loki Tournmentet.jpg (52 KB, 472x600) Image search: [Google]
Loki Tournmentet.jpg
52 KB, 472x600
I go to sit in the company of my forefathers, none who even got the slightest warning from God about their pagan gods being any wrong or that their specific Christian sect wasn't the only right one.
>>
File: Victory.jpg (449 KB, 722x948) Image search: [Google]
Victory.jpg
449 KB, 722x948
>>1311295
Resurrected into a new heaven and a new earth.
>>
>being such a little bitch you need to have some fear of "Hell" to get you not to do evil things

Christcucks, everyone. When your moral compass is defined by fear and doubt rather than a belief in righteousness, there's no wonder Christians and other followers of Abrahamic religions are usually the least moral people.
>>
>>1311304
What would happen to the old heaven then?
>>
File: 1388262500805.gif (765 KB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
1388262500805.gif
765 KB, 240x192
>>1311310
It will pass away.
>>
Another high quality christian thread, truly the greatest gift to this board.
>>
why would i? if i believed in heaven or hell i would also believe in christ so i would get to heaven anyway. and if i didn't there would be nothing to be afraid of from my point of view.
>>
>>1310427
It doesn't exist, so no.
>>
>>1310427
A negative question about fantasy land.
You're bland.
>>
Never.
Not because im necessarily a good person, it just does nothing to me the same way some child telling me storys from the monster under his bed wouldnt scare me and im not even meaning that in the fedoraish way.

I just feel like elaborating because I remember that time when that conservative muslim in class just couldnt grasp the very idea of me not being afraid.
>>
>>1311319
Yes comrade, tell me more on why Communism works.
>>
>>1310427
No, there's nothing after death.
>>
File: Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg (460 KB, 759x890) Image search: [Google]
Odin_der_Göttervater.jpg
460 KB, 759x890
Why do people fear Hel so much?
It's just the place where the dead not fit for either great reward or great punishment go when they die.
>>
>>1311304
And? Name one thing which we find pleasurable here on Earth that would be allowed in Heaven.

You can't.
>>
>>1310427
I do.

I've had 3 out of body experiences where I was tortured. Wasn't the hell you hear some people give their testimonies about though, but the disconcerting thing about all of this is that I've woken up outside of my body and not only were all my sensations still there, but I could still feel pain.

All in all though, those experiences taught me things I never even would have considered thinking about if I never had those experiences.

Which further upsets me, because you want to tell people, warn people, but they won't believe you. And you begin to wonder why not everyone is given these experiences.

So in vain, you examine their philosophies, study their general stance, and with God's word you try to paint the truth.

People call God a hypocrite, for some of the things he has commanded....completely void of the potential that the creator of everything Himself, would cut off a limb if it meant saving the whole. That his forgiveness is ever lasting. Yet people still want to war with Him.

As if the Creator of creation itself, has no opinion on this world and just stands idle as people spread pain and suffering through various mediums toward one another.

As if everything doesn't come to a head in some way shape or form. It's disturbing and honestly makes me legit sad.

"Forgive them, they know not what they do." That's a powerful statement because it's true. That statement though, it implies God has expectations from us and you really can't blame Him.

Because if people took the time out and examined the engineering perspective of how we communicate with one another and how relationships go south...not only would you find the source of suffering, but you would find how forgiving and understanding God truly is.

The contradiction though, we all want our parents to rescue us at every given moment. Like little babies we can be. But if you spoild a child, never let him see what he can do on his own, how does he learn?
>>
>>1311807
It's like a spoiled prince who's rescued at every opportunity and doesn't learn to appreciate or take heed to warning. As opposed to the prince who's father taught him discipline and gentleness.
>>
>>1310540
Well unless annihilationists are right...
>>
>>1310430
This
>>
Hell doesn't exist. The fedora meme is the only thing you retarded religious niggers have.
>>
>>1310427
A modern interpretation of hell is the consequences of your bad actions. Yes, I fear them.
>>
>>1310446
Except suffering as related to the human physiology is not just an endless line to both directions.
You cannot get used to constant excruciating pain.
your body has its limits.
>>
>>1310427

All sane people fear being on fire forever, in the dark, and alone.

Insane people think it won't happen to them because of their unbelief. Ironically, it will happen to them because of their unbelief.
>>
>>1311310
Consumed by fire.
>>
>>1310551
Chinks dont seem to think about such things much ha. I guess they have no time, they need to do all the bureaucratic shit and follow all the complex rituals.
>>
>>1310451
You'll be very surprised.
>>
>>1311282
All humans that ever existed will be resurrected on earth when Jesus comes.

Some will keep their bodies for everlasting joy in new Kingdom.

Some will keep their bodies for everlasting torment - this time both physical and spiritual.
>>
>>1312694
>Some will keep their bodies for everlasting torment - this time both physical and spiritual.
People who may be Children as well as serial killers, whose only crime was not believing in a god they didn't even know about.
>>
>>1310475
I don't like this meme.
>>
>>1312703
Nobody is held accountable by God who has not reached their age of accountability.

Worry about yourself.

You're going to hell if you die this second.
>>
>>1311302
In the dark....alone.....and on fire.....
>>
>>1311307
It is righteousness that is causing you to go to hell for your Unbelief.
>>
Sometimes, but I don't believe it exists and it's generally just an irrational "but what if."
>>
>>1312732
What about those above that age?
How do you know you don't reach that age when three years old?
>>
>>1312703
I don't understand your message but from what I understood you assume that restored life in joy will be given only to those who accepted Jesus Christ - those who accepted Jesus will also enjoy Paradise before restored life.

But on final Judgement - all souls that ever existed will be judged in general context not purely Christian, every idea, every context will be judged by God. So a Muslim that lived a virtuous life will be judged based on his virtues and have a chance to be restored to eternal joy.
>>
>>1311743
Butt secks
>>
>>1312746
>The only way to haven is through me
No, they won't get another chance unless they believe in Jesus, and if that is the only requirement everyone will be able to go to heaven since everyone will believe in Jesus after having been burning in hell for quite some time.
>>
>>1311283
Are you joking? Seriously it makes no difference in the long term both are fucked if it's an eternal. Could you go outside for the summer or go swimming or something instead of annoying us here?
>>
>>1311811
Or the prince whose father tortured him for over 1 trillion years because the prince did not obey the teachings his father left his stewards during his 50 year life.
>>
>>1310427
No because I'm not religious.
>>
>>1310551
See, that sounds like Hell to me. I've been on 4chan for 7 years. And in that time, I've gotten into BDSM, pedophilia, slob fetish, and also realized I'm a tranny.

If I live for a thousand years in an earth like realm, I'm gonna start erecting the boiling cauldrons of oil.
>>
>>1310427
Just like I'm not afraid of ghosts or dragons.

If anything, it'd be pretty exciting to wake up after death and find that I'm living a new life.
>>
File: Lo, the gods.jpg (448 KB, 1032x1498) Image search: [Google]
Lo, the gods.jpg
448 KB, 1032x1498
>>1311807
Maybe you had just brainspasms?
Besides that, there are other more disheartening metaphysical explanations for your suffering that are not less valid due to the difficulties of actually proving them right.

What if souls just suffer and burn up in general regardless of how they lifed their lifes?-it just happens after death that they disintegrate painfully and slowly and reform anew.
Or you went through a bhuddist purgatory.
Or you had no patron deity to protect you from the maelstrom in which all souls are lost that dont manage to get a hold of some kind of personal heaven/demon they constructed/prayed to in their life who provides for them.
Or god has abandoned us and lets us just fizzle and stay in pain for ever in some kind of halfhearted storeroom he abandoned after he lost interest in creation/this particular one.

So many possibilities.
>>
>>1312675

The term 'getting used to' is utterly meaningless in this context, as that implies variation, which is altogether lacking in hell
>>
>>1310446
So heaven is depression?
>>
>>1310427

I'm already there.
>>
Once again, this thread proves that all the Abrahamic religions have going for themselves is fearmongering. Fearmongering and violence.

If the concept of hell proves anything, it's that fear, suffering and violence are the real gods the Abrahamists worship
>>
File: limbo.jpg (77 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
limbo.jpg
77 KB, 500x325
>>1314901
Yeah this.
Im a pessimist agnostic and question the morality of my believes a lot.
Im happy if I get any kind of afterlife, ok muslims hell would suck but these kinds of hells are so ridiculous in their description that they discredit themselves by their all to human torture fantasies. (shirts made of tar! seriously?)
Chrisitian hell is less defined therefore seems more possible but only among so many possibilities that I dont worry.

Meeting other condemned souls would be neat.
Even if afterlife sucks, meeting people from other times would be fascinating!
>>
>>1315044

No, because having a depression refers to a condition in the real world, which has variation between states of mind. The main reason a depression feels bad is because it differs from a non-depressed state of mind.

The state of mind in heaven would be a complete viod. Heaven would be like being in a state of endless emptiness, an infinite lack of meaning that never ends. It would be like being alive and conscious, being stuck in a room you can't get out of
>>
>>1315068

*void
>>
Why fear spooks?
>>
>>1310427
I will embrace it as my eternal home.
>>
>>1310446
Yup, non-existence seems way better than Heaven. Hell at the very least doesn't have false advertisement.
>>
>>1315052
Catholics have purgatory which is only temporary and for all believers who vaguely tried to live after gods law, the absolute nonbelievers get hell and catholic exorxists believe in a hierachical hell and heaven.
Hell, is then like feeling unloved, being confronted with your own sins (so if you werent that bad it doesnt hurt as much) and also feeling eternally butthurt about god and having missed a chance while having to stay around souls and demons who also did evil and thus are bad company because noone really likes each other down there due to the obviousness of each others faults.

So its not pure fearmongering to be fair as it scales with your wrongdoing so a person that has nothing to really feel bad for is not as affected as someone who knows he is mean.
>>
>>1315095

But if you want to confront sinners with their sins, and make them aware that what they did was bad, hell seems like the single worst way to teach them that. It doesn't teach anyone anything. It's comparable to 'teach' a kid a text by letting him repeat it over and over again, he doesn't understand any of it, he just mindlessly repeats the same set of sounds and symbols.

I can come up with a better version of hell, here's an example: hell is a state where you're forced to live out the lives of everyone who you ever wronged. This would give you the experience of the injustice you've caused, and afterwards you're asked whether what you did was right or wrong. Then you live out your life a second time and when you do it right, you enter into heaven
>>
Honestly I fear the void of nonexistence way more.

Is eternal suffering bad? Of course it's fucking bad, but at least I still EXIST in that.
>>
>>1315127
doesnt that create way too many timelines maximising general suffering?

But yeah, hell is the "can we fix it? No its fucked!" approach.
>>
>>1315132
Why not accept it?
>>
>>1315148

I like existing
>>
>>1315132
So given the choice, maximal eternal suffering or non existence you'd rather choose maximal eternal suffering?
I honestly doubt that you wouldn't regret that choice within a second, at least with non existence there isn't anything to regret.
>>1310427
Honestly one of the few, but undoubtedly the largest boundaries of me taking that leap of faith into Christianity is the fact that I must accept both that my father who killed himself recently is in hell and that 2 dozen family members will go there too since I don't trust myself in being able to convert them effectively since they'd cease all communications if I tried and failed.
So yes I do fear it in a way.
Anybody else know this feel? Can't imagine white westerners would know it.
>>
>>1315168
But nonexistence is inevitable, isn't it?
>>
>>1315177

What feel?
The feel of wanting to be faithful but not being able to due to the consequences of it (believing your loved ones will suffer eternally), or fearing hell due to being christian and knowing your father went there?
>>
>>1310446
>being this retarded
if it didn't have health consequences post-consumption, and its effect per quantity didn't get lower as usage goes on, nobody would ever stop doing heroin or get bored with the sensation it gives
>>
>>1315183
The feeling of not being sure whether you could effectively communicate the potential legitamacy of christianity effectively without being completely ostracised by everybody in your family. They're the typical chinese folk hybrid of Confucianism, buddhism and taoism if that helps.
>tfw have to pray to legendary chinese generals so that my grandmother still talks to me
>>
File: St-Ursula.jpg (101 KB, 545x745) Image search: [Google]
St-Ursula.jpg
101 KB, 545x745
>>1315195
My mother got ridden by schizophrenic madness and commited suicide as life was hell on earth for her.
She was more of an agnostic but respected the catholic faith as much as she was baptized and prayed properly when taken to church by her relatives.
Also the reason I got to experience some churchrites and local tradition in the first place as my father would have preffered to let me grow up completely secular.

Now if I seek spiritual fulfillment the closest thing to my culture would be catholicism, but thats like wishing pain on her due to the circumstances of her death.
We got hippiechristianity of course.
It actually devouers any other kind of christianity here, but everybody knows its a feelgood farce so I rather would go to the motherfucking salafis then pretending to believe in that universal feelgood bullshit.

What intrigues you so about christianity?
Praying to ancient chinese generaly actually sounds dank as fuck (and is probably not that differently from our saintworship) and having this kind of spirituality that is focussed more around humans themselves doesnt seem that bad and uncomforting.

>tfw id rightfully feel as a LARPing idiot if id try to patchwork something together out of hellenist thought and christianity so I can do stuff like deifying men of inspiring virtues
>>
File: 1465874593983.jpg (74 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1465874593983.jpg
74 KB, 1600x900
I live hell.
>>
>>1315211
>What intrigues you so about christianity?
No idea actually. Sometimes if feels profound, beautiful and kind or evil, hateful and cruel. I suppose I just like the emphasis of suffering and also it's resilient dignity.
>and is probably not that differently from our saintworship
You're probably right. No chinese is obliged to worship them so it's really optional. On the other hand you have to worship your ancestors.
>but thats like wishing pain on her due to the circumstances of her death
Yeah honestly I think people who preach about the compassion of God haven't experienced the intense suffering of a loved one who eventually kills them self. I actually think a lot of people would tone down the uncompassionate and hateful tone displayed towards those who have lost loved ones since it does hurt those who are left behind.
>>
Hell is permanence. Impermanence is far scarier to me than a permanence of suffering.
>>
In 400 trillion years the universe will have expanded to the point that gravity weakens enough to rip space time apart, and end the universe. I'd rather Hell existed than that.
>>
>>1310450
>fantasy stories of Christianity for plebs
There is no hell as you imagine it. It's literally how Catholic church kept peasants in order.
Read on Orthodox Christian ideas of hell.
>>
>>1310427
Only pleb religions have a heaven/hell afterlife in them
>>
>>1315480
indeed

"The person who will receive the least punishment among the people of Hell on the Day Resurrection will be a man, a smoldering ember will be placed under the arch of his foot. His brains will boil because of it"

"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses – We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment."

Its so literal it becomes comical, what were they thinking..
>>
>>1315418
>>1315404
>>1315132
Come on guys
>>
>>1312675
>You cannot get used to constant excruciating pain.
irl you black out and stop feeling pain after a threshold.
>>
>>1315504
The Islamic view of hell is obviously going to be crude - after all it was dreamt up by a desert warlord during a schizophrenic hallucination. The Christian view of heaven and hell is however subtle and sublime.
>>
File: What am I doing.jpg (172 KB, 438x960) Image search: [Google]
What am I doing.jpg
172 KB, 438x960
"Fire as we know it is one seventieth part of the Fire of Hell. Someone said, ‘O Messenger of God, it is enough as it is!’ He said, ‘It is as if sixty-nine equal portions were added to fire as we know it."
Interdasting.

"No food will there be for them except from a bitter, thorny plant which neither nourishes nor avails against hunger."

So immaterial souls get lunchtime in hell inbetween the fire or do they get fed by demons while they are roasting?

Orthodox christian hell seems like a quiet deep and transcendent oncept in comparison to this.
>>
File: 1459283565427.jpg (161 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
1459283565427.jpg
161 KB, 1280x905
>>1310427
No. I fear the shit we do in this life however
>>
>>1315095
There's also the concepts of virtuous pagans and anonymous Christians going around.
>>
>>1315525
"Another food served to the people of Hell will be festering puss that oozes out of their skin, the discharge that flows from the private parts of adulterers and the decaying skin and flesh of those being burnt. It is the "juice" of the people of Hell. God says:

"So no friend has he here this Day, nor has he any food except filth from the washing of wounds which none do eat but those in sin." (Quran 69:35-37)

"This – so let them taste it – is scalding water and (foul) purulence. And other (punishments) of its type (in various) kinds." (Quran 38:57-58)"

You dont fear Mad Mo's Pus-canteen?

"Anyone who drinks intoxicants will be made to drink the mud of khabal. They asked, ‘O Messenger of God, what is the mud of khabal?’ He said, ‘The sweat of the people of Hell’ or the ‘juice of the people of Hell."
>>
>>1315138
>timelines maximising general suffering
Can't god just create soulless NPCs?
>>
>>1315544
Those would be the Hylics, I think.
>>
File: shadow.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>1315544
God DMing several millions of Hellsessions at once could be a possibility yes.

People prefer to believe in you running through sheitans infamous gut threadmill though, while being able to have conservations with your other inmates in hell who will stand around you and laugh at you if they are not busy roasting.

"The people of Hell will be made to weep, and they will weep until they have no tears left. Then they will weep blood until they have, as it were, channels in their faces, if ships were put in them, they would float."

Also Mohammed was into gothrock or something.
>>
forgot the threadmill:

"A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and thrown into the Fire. Then his entrails will be spilled out into the Fire and he will be forced to walk around and around like a donkey in a treadmill. The people of Hell will gather around him and say, ‘O so-and-so, what is wrong with you? Did you not enjoin us to do good and forbid us to do wrong?’ He will say, ‘I used to order you to do good, but I did not do it and I used to forbid you to do evil, but I used to do it myself.’ Then he will walk around and around like a donkey in a treadmill."
>>
>>1315568
>who will stand around you and laugh at you if they are not busy roasting.
dosen't make sense. Why would they laugh?
>>
>>1315648
" Did you not enjoin us to do good and forbid us to do wrong?"

Sounds like they are taunting their boss who preached water but drank whine.
All the while they are both in hell as they are "the people of hell".
>>
>>1310427
why fear that which does not exist
>>
>>1316277
Prove this.
>>
>>1316373
Prove reincarnation doesn't exist.
Prove god exists.
Prove this god is the god you believe in.
Prove hell exists.
Not even that anon, but you christcuks are delusional if you think going "p-p-prove this!!!" is in anyway a justifiable position for you fags to take.
>>
>>1315535
Why should I fear any of it? The muslim afterlife is as fictional as the christian one.
>>
>>1312744
God knows, and God makes good decisions.
>>
>>1312746
That chance is zero, and the standard is "be perfect, as the Father in heaven is perfect."

Everyone before the Great White Throne gets cast into hell at the end of their trial, which they insisted they have, neglecting the only source of salvation known to man.

Being born again.
>>
>>1316407
The throne and god you speak of are both fictional characters.
>>
>>1315095
It ain't real.
>>
>>1315178
It's impossible.

You're an eternal being, and you will spend eternity in the destination of your choice.
>>
>>1316402
There is appointed for a man once to die, and then the judgment.
Tell the I AM sent you.
I AM dwells within me.
I AM made both the earth and hell.
Not a fedorafag, but anyone yelling "prove it" who isn't talking about math is a fool.
>>
>>1316404
You're half right.
>>
>>1316415
You're in for a rude awakening.
>>
File: event-horizon2.jpg (64 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
event-horizon2.jpg
64 KB, 620x400
Yes.
>>
>>1316423
That's exactly my point, christcucks get so analdevasted when someone says their god/hell/heaven/angels/whatever doesn't exist and ask for "proof" that they don't exist despite the fact that they base their claims in nothing.
>>
>>1316457
You have no point, you're just a fool.
>>
>>1316463
Denying reality is one of of your strong suits, after all.
>>
>>1316423
If someone comes with something like >>1316419
which is stated like a fact I'd like some proof or evidence rather than just belief.
>>
Nah. It's like fearing the boogeyman in your closet.
>>
>>1316489
Denying there is a hell because you don't want to go there is the height of foolishness.

There's a way to avoid going to hell.

You're not taking that way.

Hence, by literal definition, you are a fool. You will get the proof you desire, 100%, in your foolish face.
>>
>>1316493
Then learn to gather information from revealed knowledge from God Himself.

Or empirically die like an animal.

Your choice.
>>
>>1316499

Again, you're justifying a claim with another claim. That's not how proving something works
>>
No. I think goodness should be motivated by love of God, not fear of Hell, and that anyone who acts out of genuine love of God has nothing to fear from Hell.
>>
>>1314200
You're missing the point.

What you described applies to the prince who's rescued at every given moment he makes a mistake. In both your case and the this one I mentioned, the prince learns nothing good.

>>1315018
The reason why this is wrong is because the context of each of my experiences had a general message that was delivered.

All I said was that I was attacked/tortured, not that I was attacked/tortured for no reason. There was meaning and definition behind each experience.
>>
>>1316496
>Hell exists because my ancient book says so
>That other ancient book is wrong though
>You're a fool for not being as indoctrinated as I am
You christcucks never fail to amuse me.
>>
>>1316499
>Or empirically die like an animal.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read, you're a good troll, you.
>>
>>1315178
That's exactly why it's scary
>>
>>1316528
You cocktease you!
Would you be so kind to share one of those messages?
It is the first question that comes to mind after all when you claim to have been inspired by the divine (ib your dreams/sleep, by coma/intoxication or sober and sudden?)
Maybe its good, people in your position can gather followers around them if they are convincing.
>>
>>1316512
So dopey.

Revealed truth from God.

Come back when you understand that phrase, and why it's so dopey to say "bbbut God's just making a claim...."
>>
>>1316543
Hell exists because God says so.

The earth exists because God spoke.

Hell is as real as the earth.
>>
>>1310451
It's like monsters, I'm "scared" of them in a way I'm glad they don't exist.
>>
>>1316579
You have no proof that god exists, so this entire line of thinking is wrong.
>>
>>1316613
Does the universe exist?

Then the God Who made the universe exists.
>>
>>1316613
Bud you can keep this up until the cows come home. This guy is either a troll or a fanatic. If he's a troll, he's not being sincere and knows he's wrong. If he's a fanatic, he considers his capability to believe in this without proof to be a sign of good personal character. In either case, pointing this out is pointless.
>>
>>1316521
That's just one way though. There's variables you have to take into consideration when it comes to people.

For example this is from Jude

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Notice it says nothing about hating anyone, but hating the outcomes of their actions.

The point is, there are people who only respond to fear. And that's pretty much why it says there's wisdom in fearing God.

When you fear something what happens? You're put under it's thumb. Say you're afraid of spiders, that spider has you under control and conscious/cautious of your actions around it.

So why would the fear of God be considered wise?

Because you're being put under the thumb of the greatest good. You fear good and you will undoubtedly keep you on the right path.

Not saying you're totally incorrect, but every base for every type of person needs to be covered is my point.

I mean you see this new age "love movement" and it's like you mostly see people just having sex with everyone. Calling that "love."

Isiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
>>
>>1316630
All fears are fears of death. People aren't afraid of spiders; they're afraid of dying after being bitten by a poisonous spider. They're not afraid of heights; they're afraid of falling to their death.

The fear of the Lord, however, is the beginning of wisdom. If you do not fear the Lord, you are by definition not even at the beginning of wisdom; you are in fact a fool.

And snatching people from the fire is exactly why I post here.

I have seen people snatched from the fire here.

>>1316624
The truth isn't going to change, and I'm not going to stop saying it.
>>
>>1316630
Any entity that feels the need to control through fear is not something you should serve, and anyone that serves such an entity through fear is a coward.
>>
>>1316639
>The truth isn't going to change, and I'm not going to stop saying it.
>I'm never going to stop shitposting my unverified bullshit.

Good for you. Gold star. I'm sure your mommy is very proud of you. Did she teach you how to use a computer, or did you figure that out by yourself like a big boy?
>>
>>1316613
I'll let you in on a little secret. God, the Judge of the Universe, does not even remotely consider the Ignorance of the Law defense that you're trying to put out there.

It's already been trashed. By the Judge.

Before whom you stand without excuse.

Romans 1
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
>>
>>1316647
I have socks older than you.
>>
>>1316639
>the truth

You have no idea what the truth actually is; no one does. The ominpotent God you claim to exist was apparently so pathetically, laughably inept that he couldn't even give humans the ability to objectively perceive reality. What a miserably incompetent excuse for a God. But going by the story of Eden, it fits his character as a bungling idiot quite well.
>>
>>1316652
Oh boy, you're just figuring out how to lie. No, I very highly doubt that you're older than me.
>>
>>1316650
>Before whom you stand without excuse.

If it weren't for the fact we're going to cease to exist, I'd laugh long and loud when death proves you wrong. But hey, enjoy wasting your time believing in fairy tales, you pathetic milksop.

You stand before me, something greater than God without excuse. So why do you currently waste your life making your faith look like a bunch of morons?
>>
>>1316642
You can say the same about governments punishing theft with fines.
Still you are glad they do it and protect you from some would-be thiefs that dont thieve due to fines.
You might also willfully serve such a government.
>>
>>1316694
Most people go along with the government as suits their tastes. You'll find very few people that outright "serve" the government rather than just scurrying about on its underbelly living in a basically anarchistic fashion.
>>
File: 1451178231800.jpg (155 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1451178231800.jpg
155 KB, 480x640
>>1310427
This is why religion is terrifying as fuck.

The "good news of God" they say. I'd rather face the blackness of death.
>>
>>1316659
I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man comes to the Father but by Me.

--Jesus of Nazareth

aka The Truth

I know Him, and He knows me.
>>
>>1316664
Did you vote for Reagan?
>>
>>1316669
Exactly.

Your worldview has no upside and an infinite downside you refuse to consider.
>>
>>1316578

Literally gibberish.

I don't care if it came to you in a tard dream, gibberish is gibberish and will always be gibberish until you justify it
>>
>>1316738
God feels no need to justify Himself.

He's perfectly content to separate you from Him forever, if that's your choice.

And if that is your choice, then hell awaits.
>>
>>1316621
Who says the universe was created? Who says the universe needed a creator?

Nobody other then theologians and pseudo-theologians on the internet who shitpost on /his/ in between masturbating to fucked up porn.
>>
>>1316650
Sorry, but no. This still doesn't work because you have no proof this nonsense is real.
>>
>>1316579
God doesn't exist, and even if he did, you have no proof of whatever he's ever said.

You're no different from a Muslim fanatic, the only difference between the two of you is which book they sport as the ultimate truth. You're a hypocrite for not realizing this.
>>
>>1316733
I voted for Carter.
>>
>>1316731
Haha, no you fucking don't. You choose to believe that with your subjective little monkey mind, and you can never get around that fact. You're as aimless and idiotic as everyone else, only you're not aware of that fact. Pathetic.

>>1316736
There is a grand upside: a life that is entirely my own. I could say the exact same about your own beliefs. Heaven is an utterly mortifying concept.

I already considered the Christian Hell. It's absolute nonsense.
>>
>>1316746
God.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Science also admits that the universe had a beginning.

Wake up.

Time's running out.
>>
>>1316750
All you have to do is consider the universe, or any small part thereof, including yourself, and it's real.

Without

Excuse
>>
>>1316770
You were always the liar.
>>
>>1316777
You have no upside. You're an animal, and you're going to die like an animal.

But then you'll be tried as a god, and you'll fail there too.
>>
>>1316741
>God feels no need to justify Himself.

No, you don't feel the need to justify yourself. What you call God is simply a collection of everything you deem good. It's literally just yourself, projected onto a universe no one knows anything about. You've even squeezed your own petty instincts for revenge into this projection. That's all hell is
>>
File: heh.gif (1 MB, 141x158) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
1 MB, 141x158
>>1310427

I don't get it. Why do Christians believe that it is just to be ETERNALLY punished extremely severely for what you did in a lifetime (a literal grain of time and existence)?

And most people that Christians say will go to hell are mediocre not-so-evil people that didn't do specifically X, Y and Z that the Bible told them to do. Do they deserve eternal hell?

JUSTICE is eye-for-an-eye. Getting sent to hell eternally for not doing enough "good" things one trivial life is unimaginable-pain-and-suffering-for-an-eye (not justice).
>>
>>1316821
Aquienas said that the punishment for sin scales to to the offence.
Offending public dedency by rubbing your erected cock at people in public gets you a hefty fine in relation to the offence.

Offending the god-creator infinitive authority about absolutely anything and beyond the mind can grasp gets infinitive punishment as well.

But maybe that was just ingrained feudalism logic (insulting a smith gets 4 lashes, a noble 20 and a king 100) playing a prank on Aquiena.
>>
>>1315185
Addicts experience extreme lows and disconfort.
>>
File: 725px-nyp_loc5.jpg (182 KB, 725x1024) Image search: [Google]
725px-nyp_loc5.jpg
182 KB, 725x1024
>>1316842

Yes, Aquinas' argument is logically sound for the most part, like many other arguments made by Christian apologists (which tends to stay in the strictly-logic area), but it just feels forced and wrong...

Well one objection is that does God's (the judge/punisher) authority have to do anything with the judgement? Does it belong during the weighing of an individual's life and actions?

It's not like criminals get extra years in prison for offending the authority of the police, but instead just sentenced for their actions alone...
>>
>>1316821
You were created an eternal being to live with an eternal God.

You choose not to live with God forever.

There's a place for that.
>>
>>1316796
No, He's God, and He is Good, not just a collection of all good things.

He's a person.

I have met Him. I am now His brother, and joint heir.
>>
>>1316865
Your evil wicked demonic nature hates the truth, so even logical arguments are dismissed.

The living go to heaven.

The dead go to hell.

Right now, you're dead. You just don't know it, because you're using the wrong definition.

God is life; separation from God (which is where you are in your life right now) is death. If you do not become born again, you'll stay dead and suffer the second death, which is hell.
>>
>>1316874

Why give us a trivially-short life full of temptations and sin if we are meant to be eternal beings?
>>
>>1316842
Yeah that's definitely not in line with what we consider a fair punishment today.

The only way to make hell seem fair would be to downplay the traditional suffering element in favor the the separation from God. However the bible itself clearly contains the suffering element so thats difficult to do unless you write it off as a metaphor
>>
File: 1455013124857.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1455013124857.png
231 KB, 678x678
>>1310427
No because I strive to follow the teachings of Christ and I still have most of my life to try to fix any of my failings as a decent Human being
>>
>>1316576
Only reason why I didn't share the experiences was because of the amount of text. And I'm not interested in followers.

But yeah, this is what a lot of people don't understand, that this isn't about creating an "imaginary savior" or a "sky daddy"....some people believe because they don't have a choice.

But the message behind my experiences, weren't even revealed to me until weeks and in one case years after it happened.

And no, this wasn't from drugs or alcohol. They just happened at moments in my life where I was in pure degenerate mode.

But the message itself was this-. Delivered to me by the Son of God Himself

That my degeneracy, was the reason why I was suffering in life. You could say that's pretty obvious logic, but for the degenerate, he doesn't use that logic. He sulks and destroys what he can, depending on his personal limitations.

Also saw that there's a collective of...I don't know what the f#$% they are, but a collective of souls I guess, demons, I don't know, but they literally pray and focus on our total destruction. Like imagine a bunch of hooded figures in a temple praying, hymning, all about torture and suffering toward us.

Now I never saw hell as it's described, but I know what it feels like to be separated from my physical body. I know what a dream feels like, I know what it feels like to wake up, take a shower and go about my day, and I know what it feels like to wake up and not be in my body. There's a blatant discernible difference between these experiences. BLATANT difference.

There's an aspect to our existence that's behind a veil and for obvious reasons we're put under daily pressure to not seek it, to not discover it, and to just focus on our flesh. Not what's inside of it.
>>
>>1316642
You can't be ignorant on this.

All those murders in the world, child molesters, the worst of the worse....they have no fear.
>>
>>1316971
And the son of god was jesus and just was revealed as such?
Ive got some respect for such experiences but the actualbextend of jesus teachings was highly controversial at its time so the bible doesnt seem all to reliable.
Even syncretic semi-pagans like manicheans liked jesus.
Do you think the hidden truth can be found through the bible only or is more universal in nature as that other cults and faiths may have also found little pieces of it.
>>
>>1316971
The thing about visions is people have had wildly inconsistent visions throughout history. Are all of the right? are all of them wrong? are people being tricked by demons?
>>
>>1316865
Aa far as I know slapping the police actually gives you a harder punishment then doing it with some random dude.
>>
>>1316639
>All fears are fears of death

Lol dude I've seen people afraid of spiders and snakes that weren't even poisonous. It's their general appearance that freaks people out.

But my point was that fear itself, what fear does, it puts you under the thumb of that fear. So being under the thumb of God is indeed the beginning of wisdom, because you're under the thumb of perfection, of righteousness and of what is good.
>>
>>1316971
So you imagined something and took it as absolute fact and you're now compelled to shitpost about it? Good on you.

I'll listen to you right around the time I listen to that one homeless guy who insists that the Vatican put radios in his teeth.
>>
>>1316787
>liar

Prove me wrong. :^)
>>
>>1317008
I have to split this response in 2, my bad.

>And the son of god was jesus and just was revealed as such?
Yeah, I had no reason to believe otherwise.

>Ive got some respect for such experiences but the actualbextend of jesus teachings was highly controversial at its time so the bible doesnt seem all to reliable.
Well we have different perspectives on this. For one the entire context has to be utilized. I mean nothing can be taken out of context and remain accurate, let alone God's word.

But I mean not only is it reliable, but it's timeless. The nature of righteousness and the nature of sin never change, doesn't matter what year it is. Greed has the same effect on people now as it did then. Lust has the same effect on people now as it did then. Degeneracy, no different now from back then.
>>
>>1316783
Yeah no. This doesn't work either. There is no evidence for the things you claim and you are highly likely to be intellectually sub-normal.
>>
>>1317008
>Do you think the hidden truth can be found through the bible only or is more universal in nature as that other cults and faiths may have also found little pieces of it.
I'd honestly rather call it God's word instead of calling it the bible, but I mean...to answer your question, yes. I do think God's word is more accurate when we start asking about truth. But at the same time, through those experiences I talked about earlier, I came to know that God's mercy and love is truly ever lasting. So if a man, sitting in the dark, without knowledge, afraid, and scared, cries out to the sky with a pure heart prior...I don't doubt for a second God would assist that man. But if that man is a man that wouldn't hesitate to steal, exploit, and cause general death....he'll get different attention from something else entirely.

But truth in itself, man that's a whole other discussion.

But I'll give you an example why I feel God's word is more accurate when we start talking about "truth."

I have to cut this short right here---
>>
>>1317008
>>1317225
So yeah, just a minor example of why I find God's word more accurate when we start asking about "truth."

I used to be into Buddhism/Taoism. I used love listening to this certain teacher of Buddhism and Taoism. One of his lessons was to bring out a gong. He hits the gong and through focusing on the sound waves you can see timelessness or something along those lines. It was a fascinating teaching, but here's another teaching about the same thing, but with a minor twist...

1 Corinthians 13- If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

This brings into light the pointlessness of the sound waves the gong makes. Even though witnessing the sound waves through mediation is fascinating, this teaching points out how pointless and minor this aspect of our reality is in relation to "love."

And to get to the point- love, good, righteousness, which was Jesus' commandments and His new law that was given to replace the old law, it's what is needed for progression. Not only between men, but the entire creation of God. It moves forward, because of love. I know that sounds vague and there's room for a tremendous amount of gap to be bridged over, but it's something you can think about and explore if you want.
>>
>>1310446
What do you see behind the back if your head currently?

Welcome to heaven/hell/pre-birth/after death.

What do you see behind your head right now?
>>
>>1311273
>You have no idea what you're talking about.

And neither have you.

All the Christfags in this thread need to remind themselves that their masochistic belief in a Hell, is simply their belief and they cannot possibly know if it is true or not.
>>
Oh no, but this guy *knows* it to be true, because he had a really vivid hallucination that obviously drew from American cultural context, but is somehow more true than all the other visions that themselves drew from their own cultural contexts, and he's totally different from all them other fanatics that claimed to know absolute truth.
>>
>>1317020
You have to examine the message that's being delivered/taught.

Like the new age movement for example. Some of it's general message is to embrace the world and go after your desires. They talk about sex as if its just another desert on the menu.

When God's word is a warning about the ways of the world.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

I mean someones lying...The drastic difference between the two teachings. It's crazy how different they are.

But yeah, examine the teachings. Jesus came with 2 important laws. Love your God first, because he is the creator of love, the creator of good. Good is not made my man, good is an option that exists outside of man. It's an option to grasp. It was an option before you were born, it was an option before your parents were born, an option before the first born. So man didn't create the definition of good, it exists as a created option to choose from. It has tangible benefits when chosen. And the second law is to love your brother like you love yourself, because again God also loves your brother.
>>
>>1317307
>It has tangible benefits when chosen.

Prove it, in a way that doesn't vindicate every other religion.
>>
>>1317275
You need to calm those chest nipples man, anything to keep you from jumping to such irrational conclusions.

First, I know what truth is. I don't know ALL the truth.

I mean what is truth? Let's stop being lazy and jumping to over dramatic conclusions like this attention-whore hour. Lets examine this question.

What is truth? It obviously can't be a lie or have contradiction, that would make it not true at all. So there's only one way truth can travel.

Lets see, what else does truth have to be? From what I stated above,iIt has to be linear in nature, right? Any tour off the path, it becomes a lie or contradiction. So there's no crooked aspect to it.

And finally it has to be seen, light has to be bestowed on it. If you're living in the dark, it's impossible to know the truth. If you somehow blurred the line between truth and lie, that means anything can be true and you don't even know up from down...

What else?
>>
>>1317307
So basically if the vision validates what Christians already believe it can be trusted, but if it validates say, what Buddhists believe its obviously false.

got it, that's supper logical
>>
>>1316778
Something having a beginning does not mean that something has to have a creator.
>>
>>1317316
Seriously?

Go into someones home, like legit kick the door down with the intent to steal whatever you want. Announce it to the house hold though, because we're looking for tangible evidence here. Announce your intentions and see what kind of tangible reaction your actions generate from that house hold.

Shoot, go stick your hand in a dog's dish while he's eating lol. Count your fingers afterwards.

So if these actions generate tangible responses, what exact kind of responses, benefits even, do you think good would generate? I mean seriously. Are you void of the concept of community? What sustains community? Like you genuinely don't know?

I mean humanity itself has developed a very basic foundation of conviction. There's a reason why we aren't eating each other lol. The benefits...of choosing good, love, compassion, I mean..they don't get any more obvious.
>>
>>1316886
To make one choice.

For Jesus.

Against Jesus.
>>
>>1317404
That's a little over dramatic. And did you reply to the right post? Because the new age and Buddhism are two vastly different teachings. Buddhism teaches to let go, when New Age urges people to latch on to everything.

But if you mean to respond to the study of the gong and it's sound waves and how the sound waves appear out of no where, that the sound waves imply back is front and front is back, or whatever the intended lesson is...my point is what does that lesson do for the individual? Now I don't doubt that's just the beginning to a broader understanding---

But my point was this, Paul skipped past the noise the gong makes. He went on to point out that its pointless noise when you're talking about something greater, which is love. Anything you do without love, any conversations you have, any actions you take, if its done without love...you're no different than the noise a gong or cymbal makes when it's slammed together.

And there's no reason to be offended by this...

Now there's no reason to get offended by this
>>
>>1317471
I am not really offended by it. But it is nonsense backed up only by your assertions
>>
Gonna help you with avoiding eternal suffering.

http://pastebin.com/C6Sdp487

Debate me without shitting all over your scripture and basic belief, faggot.
>>
>>1317497
Well the point of a discussion is to discuss and all you did was jump to a conclusion as if I offended you. To top it off didn't offer anything for us to further examine.

But I was asked if the Bible was the only source to "hidden truth."

I just pointed out that I learned more from God's word than I did studying Buddhism. Mostly because God's word points out that engineering perspective of how we handle the emotional spectrum, and how our actions in response to the emotional spectrum can effect not only ourselves but everyone around us.
>>
>>1317499
This was never a debate, but a discussion. But I think when you can't see up from down, or discern the line drawn in the sand- That which separates hope from despondency, I think that disqualifies that perspective from the discussion. I mean someone can use all the mental gymnastics they can muster to flip something upside down, but the boundaries and what their math adds up to...that will never change.

Also in the event when you can't tell up from down, but you wish to know, all you have to do is what is stated above, just do the math. Examine the habitat of each to determine which is which.
>>
>>1317209
I'm just telling you that your brilliant plan to tell God He isn't real won't turn out well for you.

You obviously cannot heed sage advice.
>>
>>1317412
Everything that begins to exist has a cause behind it.

Basic.

Really basic.
>>
>>1317700
Plenty of things have causes that are not intelligent creators
>>
Religious actually existed on 4chan,holy shiet
>>
>>1317700
real tired of seeing people on the internet oversimplifying such a beautiful philosophical argument
>>
>>1317471
>Now there's no reason to get offended by this

You mean aside from the fact you're wilfully shitting all over every belief system that isn't Christianity? NEWSFLASH you fucking worthless piece of vomit, love is as meaningless and worthless as everything else, especially the fucking twisted, abusive variety you espouse as "godly." It is ultimately you that puts valuation upon it, not some sort of objective external standard.
>>
>>1317848
>love is meaningless
>"godly" love is twisted

something can't be "twisted" unless there is meaning to it to twist, though.

This is what bothers me about so many internet Atheists like you. You say things that sound very intelligent at first glance, but fall apart under any analysis. Because many, especially those who claim to be the most logical, think more with their emotions than their reason, they think you and what you say are smart when there's really nothing to your arguments but logical fallacy.
>>
>>1317898
I made a subjective value judgement to proclaim it to be twisted, you fucking imbecile. Did you spend all day rubbing your braincells together to figure that one out, you goddamn piece of shit?
>>
>>1317898
Also I never fucking claimed to be logical. I'm just sick of you shitting all over everything and acting as though you're a bearer of objective truth when you're just another fucking monkey stuck behind the wall of subjectivity.
>>
>>1317902
>>1317909
im a different guy lel

how could I have spent all day thinking of that if your reply is only from a few minutes ago

I know that insults don't have to have a lot basis in reality but they at least have to be pertinent

you sound like you're just throwing our random insults that can apply exactly as well to any other argument. Please think before you speak.

If "twisted" is only a subjective value judgement then this subjective idea still contradicts your statement that love is worthless. You've still contradicted yourself.

let me repeat that last bit so you can't easily ignore it in lieu of the first half of my response.

If "twisted" is only a subjective value judgement then this subjective idea still contradicts your statement that love is worthless. You've still contradicted yourself.
>>
>>1317941
Love is without objective worth, and I on a subjective level consider the love displayed involving your God to be like that of a psychotic alcoholic, which by most standards is twisted.

You sorts seem to have trouble understanding that subjective value judgements can still have subjective merit. It goes into that whole "without god, everything is worthless" thing that caused Nietzsche to call you nihilists.
>>
>>1317848
I know what it feels like to be worthless, to convince myself I'm such.

I now know what it feels like to be loved. I'm talking about a love that dwarfs a mothers love.

Guess which one put me on a side of the polarity that benefited me more? That got me out of taking offense to every little thing? Of living like a victim while constantly trying to pick apart every little thing just to create conflict?

Love and forgiveness. There's progression in love and forgiveness. You hold onto hate and contention, victimization, and you stall out.

When you realize you were loved from the beginning, even with all the mistakes you made, I made a ton, I'd curse God's name because of how bad my life was, but when I finally heard Him and understood what He was trying to show me..how much he loved me despite my degeneracy.....I changed.

It's because love, forgiveness, basically Jesus Christ's message, all of that leads to progression...not regression. But forward movement bro.

So there's no reason for any of us to feel offended here, or feel like a victim of something, especially when there was no offense intended.

This is a discussion, I just wanted to point out that I learned more about life from God's word, than I did in my time studying Buddhism. A Buddhist can grow in frustration when he can't let go as instructed by his teacher, as opposed to when your teacher is God and Christ, who forgives mistakes and recognizes true contrition. Shows you that it's not a competition to see who can become more enlightened than the next, but that there is no competition, that in fact, the last will be first, and the first will be last.

I mean I never had any reason to believe that my degenerate lifestyle would ever change. No reason to believe that. I accepted it. Took it on and took everyone on with it. Out of sheer mercy I was shown another way. Whether it was from someone else or waking up outside of my body, only to get tortured for the sake of a broader message..
>>
>>1317952
well shit nigger, you can't just go around throwing around subjective and objective statements ("love is without objective worth" is itself an objective statement) without letting people know which statements are which.

why do you expect me of the guy you were arguing with previously to give two shits about your subjective judgement? Why are you even telling them to us when we believe that they're objectively nonsense?
>>
>>1317775
Since atheism became the mainstream and associated with "progressives", Christians have been crawling out of the woodwork.
>>
>>1317698
I have exactly zero intentions of telling your imaginary friend anything dumbfuck, what part of "atheists don't believe that any sort of deity or group of deities actually exist" is so fucking hard to understand you stupid moron?
>>
>>1310427
I fear wanting to die more than anything the afterlife has to offer.
>>
>>1310553
I would rather suffer for eternity than to simply not exist.
People compare non existence to sleep, but even when you're not thinking and just sleeping, you still exist. If we truly do cease existing once we die then death is the same as having never existed in the first place. It's not that you're just in a black void or not thinking anymore, you just are gone. It's an unfathomable thought, because we cannot think of a time when we have not existed. We cannot. The closest parallel is sleep and that's still a terrible correlation.

Nonexistance is the most terrifying concept I have ever considered. Mostly because I cannot comprehend what it truly means. I can comprehend other things dying and no longer existing because I'm still around to see them dead and gone.
I can't take part in my own funeral, I won't exist while it's going on, and that to me is far darker and more horrible than an eternity being flayed open.
>>
I never liked how religions would use fear as a way to convert people or keep people from leaving the religion. I would like religion a lot better if it would win people over with love and spirituality rather than fear and oppression. It discourages people from questioning and makes them blind to new ideas. Of course people are going to be skeptical of a faith based outlook of life, especially if it's from thousands of years ago. I guess that's why I'm deist idk
>>
>tfw Catholic
>still not confirmed
>straight to hell if I die in my mortal sins

yes, afraid a little bit. I don't know why I'm waiting so long though
>>
>>1310427
Not since I was a teenager. Since I had to go through Catholic classes I took religion too seriously to the point where the first time I orgasmed I was afraid I was damned because "it wasn't after marriage"

Now religion has taken the back seat in my life so I don't really think about or care about Hell. Sometimes I wonder if it was just a concept people made up to feel closure knowing that a bad person will get ultimate punishment? Even if it is real, you'd have to be really evil to get eternal punishment. There is no way millions could follow a God that would damn it's own followers for masturbating occasionally.
>>
nope
>>
>>1310427
No, can't remember that Aurelius quote, but look it up, about God.
>>
>>1315185
He's talking about the 'effect per quantity' here, saying that even if you are experiencing euphoria, if you do it for an eternity it loses its meaning. When you don't know what it's like to not have euphoria (or you don't remember it because it's been an eternity), the same 'quantity' of euphoria doesn't have the same effect on you (you can just say God has His ways around it and smash this reasoning since both arguments aren't from the bible anyways)
>>
>>1310470
Tell me it doesn't though.
>>
File: pepe_sad.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe_sad.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
i'm already there
>>
>>1316561
I don't see how and I disagree, but I respect your opinion.
>>
I can't actually remember in the bible where it said hell was a giant pit of fire. It's more than likely a spiritual disconnect from God. God = Everything good in the world, so Hell is probably the complete absence of God.
>>
>>1319487
Added to that, if God encapsulates everything in the known universe, then hell is just nonexistence, isn't it?
>>
>>1319432
Back to r9k pls frog
>>
>dumbasses who think God would ever design a punishment like hell being more preferable than non-existence
People saying they would rather be in hell than to cease to exist have never experienced any real pain and are too stupid to realize just how long eternity is
>>
File: 1457981431305.png (96 KB, 599x638) Image search: [Google]
1457981431305.png
96 KB, 599x638
I fear God not hell, hell is only his punishment for the wicked and faithless, if you have faith in Allah and do everything he commands hell will not be awaiting you because he is true to his promises.
>>
File: 4613-hah.jpg (7 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
4613-hah.jpg
7 KB, 209x200
>>1310427
No.
Not even a little bit. There's no rational reason to.
>>
>>1310427
wich hell?
>>
>>1318878
This.
At least in Hell, I can feel and react and think.

I remember growing up thinking it was so absurd that people were scared of concepts like Ghosts or vengeful spirits, because to me it would imply that I exist in some way more than a meat puppet controlled by electricity.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.