[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were elected as the Pope, what would your name be and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Pope_Alexander_Vi.jpg (257 KB, 600x793) Image search: [Google]
Pope_Alexander_Vi.jpg
257 KB, 600x793
If you were elected as the Pope, what would your name be and why?

I would choose Leo, and therefore become Leo XIV. Mostly because I'm a huge admirer of the story/myth of how Pope Leo I the Great got rid of Attila and saved Rome for some years. I would also be tempted to use old names like Urban, Celestine ore Sixtus though.

What name would you choose?
>>
>>1310194
Pope Sixtus VI

The reason should be obvious
>>
Pope Backand IV
>>
>>1310194
Pope Phallus LXIX
>>
>>1310194
Urban. Sacarcens btfo
>>
Pope Petrus Romanus for the first apostle and the city of Rome itself. My name is Roman, so would be easy to accept the change.
>>
Valentine cuz imma fuck all those sexy nuns
>>
>>1310194
Francis II so I can keep my name.
>>
>>1311231
beat me to it
>>
>>1310239
>mfw in the last conclave cardinal DOLAN said he'd take the name of Sixtus the sixth if he was elected
Dolan plz
>>
>>1310194
Alexander. Who doesn't want to be called Alexander?
>>
I would take Judah, to rub it in how they elected a Jew as pope.
>>
>>1310194
Pontifex Maximus Phallus Gigantus Magnificus I
>>
>>1310194
Urban

Make the Crusades great again
>>
>>1311456

Diogenes for one.
>>
>>1310194
She'll be the best pope
8ch dot net /christian / res / 279992
>>
Wayne I
>>
Giovanna
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.